Tent peak climbing or Tharpu Chuli Climbing is easy peak climbing in Nepal. Located in Annapurna region which means you need to do Annapurna base camp trek. This tent peak climbing is suitable for the beginners and require some technical climbing as well. We can customize trip As per your requirements
Tent peak climbing also known as a thrapu chuli climbing is a medium grade trekking peak in Annapurna region. Those who want to climb some kind of adventure peak in the Annapurna region is the best options. Located near from Mt. Annapurna base camp at the height of (5663m) is another attraction for the climbers. One of the regions this has been a charm for climbers is because of the permit. This is not a permit peak.
The tharpu chuli tent peak climbing begins from Birethanti, the trekking starting point. Depends on your trekking duration you can choose either trek through Ghorepani or through Ghandruk . Our tent peak route is to go Annapurna base camp trek, Which is amazing trek itself, from Ghorepani or Ghandruk. The stunning mountain scenery from Poon hill is another main attraction of this trek, Trekkers can see the giant Himalayan range in single line, Mt Dhaulagiri 8167 meter and Mt Annapurna 8091 Meter and many other peaks. The alpine forest walk brings you the Tadapani is another hill station. Chomrong is a day trek from here, which is the biggest settlement of Gurung village. Following to the Modi river, you will reach the Annapurna base camp. Elevated into the 4130 meters from sea level one of the thrilling place.
All the food and tent need to bring from Here, This is 3 days camping trek and climbing, you will sleep in the tent and prepare for the climbing, Next day is climbing day after you submit you will back to Annapurna base camp then docents down the valley.
Nepal trek hub offers you tent peak climbing as per your time and date. We can tailor your holiday and departure you any time during the year. Our Experience Mountain Sherpa bring you to the adventure zone and back you safely. Tent Peak climbing is the splendid trekking peaks in the Annapurna Himalaya range. Let’s climb the tent peak with us.
Tent peak climbing notesAll the information we have given here is just a surface info. Above we mentioned is our standard plan however your trip can be fully customized as per your needs and time.
If something happens like Local politics, landslides, road bloc, bad weather, transport or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary during on trip.
Those things might lead to the change of itinerary, you don’t need to worry about this. Our professional guides are there to help you and we always give our best service level and make you satisfy.
Tent peak climbing has always been an attractive challenge for the climbers. The usual route follows the north-west ridge to the summit. Several groups have also climbed the peak via the south-east as well as the south-west face of the peak. Tent peak climbing is a challenging climb involving face climbing as well as tiptoeing on knife-edge ridges. While climbing you will be surrounded by some of the highest mountains of the world and their hanging glaciers.
Tent peak trek highlights
- Tent peak trek how many days:This climbing can be done from 10 days to 16-17 days. It depends on the route that you choose. If you go through the Ghorepani poon hill this is longer climbing duration if you go from Ghandruk, you can even do it in 10 Days – 11 Days.
- Tent peak height: The height of tent peak is 5663 Meter. Annapurna base camp is 4130 Meter.
- Trek difficulty: This is not that difficult but not easy climbing. It requires some technical climbing as well.
- Best time to climb: March, April and October November month are best season to climb this peak, usually the weather must be very clean to climbing. We recommend you to climb in this month that we have mentioned above.
- Climbing group Join: Generally this less popular climbing so even in the season there will be less people to climb that means you will have a less opportunity to join on the group. We can even organize the climbing for single but it is quite costly to you if you are 2 people or more this will be cheap to you.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff plus some personal climbing gear for this. We suggest you to see the Packing list where you will find the trekking item list, we give you personal equipment as well. You can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to tent peak climbing, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, this will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually, porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation to Pokhara and Nayapool: Kathmandu to Pokhara There is daily tourist bus service, alternatively you can use the private car as well. This road journey is about 7-8 hours if you take the land trip
You can also get the flight From Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu. This is just 30 minutes flight which will save your two days if you have a less time period.
From Pokhara to Nayapool there is a private car or van depending on the group size we will manage this.
Tent peak climbing preparation
This is average grade climbing. Previous knowledge about climbing you help you a lot, if you don’t have any experience our Climbing Guide will teach you, don’t worry . For More information please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek and climbing?
Make sure that your time frame in holiday. This will help you to make more efficient plan, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek and climbing time you can manage.
Step-2: Know more about Trek and Tent peak climbing
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your climbing, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek and climbing in Nepal
- Climbing Grade: This is easy climbing, easy climbing are kind of climbing which is also known as a trekking peak, some technical climbing and rest are easy. Most of the people can ascend it easily.
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern for climbers. You are going to climb the peak that is height of 5663 meter which is quite higher. Altitude can start from above 3000 Meter sometimes. Climbers might suffer any -time from AMS. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list For tent peak climbing you should have a good gear The gears are always very important for your successful climbing. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
- Personal climbing gear Here are some your personal gear for the climbing
- Climbing boot.
- Figure 8
- Sleeping bag
Tent peak climbing ItinerarySee our 10 Days annapurna base camp trek plus 3 days tent peak climbing itinerary.
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Pokhara||800 Meter||6-7 Hours|
|3||Ulleri||2070 M||6-7 hr|
|4||Ghorepani||2875 M||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Tadapani||2760 M||5-6 hr|
|6||Lower – Sinuwa||2170 M||5-6 hr|
|7||Deurali||3100 M||7 hr|
|8||Annapurna base camp||4130 M||5-6 hr|
|9||Annapurna base camp rest day||4130 M||3 hr|
|10||Cave Camp||4250 M||4-5 hr|
|11||High Camp||5250 M|
|12||Submit and back to base camp||4250 M||4-5 hr|
|14||Jhinu||1500 M||5-6 hr|
|16||Kathmandu||800 M||5-6 hr|
Tent peak climbing ItinerarySee our 7 Days annapurna base camp trek plus 3 days tent peak climbing itinerary.
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Pokhara||800 Meter||6-7 Hours|
|3||Lower – Sinuwa||2170 M||5-6 hr|
|4||Deurali||3100 M||7 hr|
|5||Annapurna base camp||4130 M||5-6 hr|
|6||Annapurna base camp rest day||4130 M||3 hr|
|7||Cave Camp||4250 M||4-5 hr|
|8||High Camp||5250 M|
|9||Submit and back to base camp||4250 M||4-5 hr|
|11||Jhinu||1500 M||5-6 hr|
|13||Kathmandu||800 M||5-6 hr|
Teant peak cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder mountain guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- main rope, sub rope and all necessary climbing equipments
- 3 Days camping
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Tent peak climbing FAQ
Usually, climbers get’s so many question on their mind before they plan to climb. Climbers need to make a fair and suit plan for the successful climbing. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer here, follow our tent peak climbing FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
March,April is the best season for climbing, however climbing this kind of peak is also possible at the month of September, October and November too. You can climb particularly two season.
Here, NTH have made two types of itinerary, one is 17 Days and another one is 14 Days, We can even customize this time as well, if you take the flight you can also reduce 2 Days.
There are basic tea houses (this is local home stay) in the trekking trail. They provide a bit comfortable bed and clean room. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar. But while you go to Tent peak, it is small climbing.
No, There is not any permit required for the climbing, You Just Need ACCAP and TIMS permit.
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
this is less than 6000 Meter, Peak climbing with less technical and less adventure, Yes it is bit adventurous but not that difficult.
Annapurna Conservation Area Project permits and Trekking information Management system permit are required to do this trek
No, you don’t need any oxygen to climb the tent peak climbing.
Tent peak climbing facts
- Difficulty:Easy climbing
- Duration:17 Days
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height5663 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Traditional life style and their unique Gurung cultures
Magnificent view of Annapurna Himalayan Region and Dhaulagiri Himalayan range
Nice and narrow Modi River valley