Overview of the Gosaikunda Trek
Gosaikunda trek 5 days is a short and beautiful trek in the Langtang region of Nepal on the north of Kathmandu valley. The Gosainkunda trekking gives you a glimpse into the diverse landscape, culture, and nature as well as the Panoramic view of the Langtang Himalayan Range. Langtang National park has a lot of protected fauna, they are Rhesus monkey, snow leopard, wild boar, grey wolf, and more importantly this is also a Red Panda protected zone. Known as the holy lake is one of the easiest and short 5 days trek in Nepal. The trek is all about reaching Gosaikunda Lake which is elevated at 4380m. This is Nepal’s one of the sacred places for both Hindus and Buddhists people. These holy lakes get a big number of pilgrimage when there is a festival Janai Purnima. A shaman performs a different religious dance as well as worship on those days. Our Gosaikunda trek 5 days very short sweet which covers all aspects of the trek and gives a taste of Nepal.
Gosaikunda is a holy lake that lies at the heart of Langtang National Park. The source of the Trisuli river, Trisul Dhara has out from here. It is located at an altitude/height of 4,380 m (14,370 ft). Several other lakes such as Suryakunda, Bhairav Kunda and many others are below and above this lake. All lakes have their own religious significance.
According to Hindu myth Gosaikunda is the abode of the Hindu god Lord Shiva. Hindu scriptures Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu Purana refer to Samudra Manthan by god and devil from that poison produced and that poison started to destroy everything. Lord Shiva drunk that poison, afterward he got a neck burn then went to walk to the world seeking the cold place. When he arrived at Gosainkunda he hit the hill with his trident and drunk the cold water and lied down to the lake. This is the place where Big river Trisuli originates from here.
in the bank of the Holy Lake Gosaikunda lake there is a Small 2 story lord shiva temple. Devotees come to worship the Lord shiva after heaving the bath in the Holy Gosaikunda Lake. The Temple is just 1 minutes distance from the lake Gosainkunda.
The Trisul Dhara lies at 10-15 minutes’ distance from the Gosaikunda temple. Many believe that the source of the water of Gosaikunda lake and River Trisuli is Trishul Dhara. You can see 3 taps of waterfalls just above the trekking trails with the coins everywhere. This is the place where Lord Shiva hit Trishul.
Every year around June 3 in Janai Purnima there would be the biggest festivals in Gosaikunda. Thousand of devotees from different areas go there to celebrate this festival. On this day many people take the bath on the Gosaikunda Lake and worship Lord Shiva. On the same day, Shaman also goes to Gosaikunda for the festivals. Around 2,000 or more devotees visit the Gosaikunda lake.
Gosaikunda trek package
Our Gosaikunda trek package begins driving from Kathmandu to Dhunche. With an outstanding view of the countryside, you will be able to enjoy driving even though the road is not good. Most of the road is not blacktopped. Dhunche headquarter of Rasuwa where you will spend a night. The walk starts from Dhunche by the next morning, the trail is accented with bamboo bushes and rhododendron tree. Cholangpati is an overnight place where you spent the next night before Gosainkunda. Viewpoint in Gosainkunda is another major attraction of this trek from where you can observe the Langtang Himalayan range. To back from here to Dunche is another 2 days trek. The Itinerary we offer is 4 days Gosaikunda trek, which means you will walk just 4 days on your trek. Some of you can even do it on 3 days but the Gosaikunda trek 3 days is quite tough.
Nepal trek hub Gosainkunda trek 5 Days is actually is 6 days from Trek departure to arrival in Kathmandu. This means you need 2 more days to come and go to your country. If you have more time you can do sightseeing in Kathmandu as well.
Regarding gosaikunda weather, like another trekking route of Nepal. March, April, May, and September last to November last the weather here is perfect. So we call this time is Gosainkunda trek best season. Mountain up to far distance can be seen if there is no fog or hazy weather. Even in a season that we mentioned above can be bad, but generally, it is good at that time. Another month the weather might be good or bad, When there is a festival in august on gosaikunda temple, this is rainy season. If the dhunche weather is bad then you should think about the rain shade to go trek
dhunche to gosaikunda the trek trail is very unique as well as peaceful, you will get the companion of birds and wild animals.
Gosaikunda trek facts
|Duration:||6 Trek days 2 days Arrival and Departure total 8 days|
|Max. elevation:||4,380 M/14, 370 Feets, Gosaikunda lake|
|Best Time:||Spring and Autumn Season|
|Permits:||TIMS and Langtang National park Permits|
Gosaikunda Trek Highlights
- Opportunity to encounter with the wildlife, and different species of the plant of Himalayan Langtang National Park.
- Rhododendron, Lush green Pine forest of the trekking trails.
- Gosaikunda Lake the holy lake for both Hindus and Buddhists.
- Super views of the mountains range of Langtang and Manaslu, you will have an excellent view of Ganesh Himal, Annapurna, Hiuchuli.
- Tamang people lifestyle, traditions and cultures.
- Explore some other lakes like Bhairav Kunda, Surya Kunda and many other lakes neby the Gosaikunda lake.
Gosaikunda trek Information
- Gosaikunda trek height: Gosainkunda lake is in 4380 Meter height, we will hike up to Lauri Bina La 4630 Meter. This is the maximum height you need to adjust
- Trek difficulty: This is Moderate trek, Moderate trek are not that difficult. Walking 5-6 hours up to the elevation below 5,000 meters regularly is the moderate trek characteristic. Trekkers don’t need to climb technical so much but sometimes a little bit of hard effort is needed.
- Best time to Trek: From the February end or beginning of March to End of May is second-best season than from the end of September to End of November is first good season to trek in Gosainkunda and another part of Nepal
- Trek fixed departure: We do have a fixed departure for Gosainkunda Trek. Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip any time of the year. Even if we don’t have a fixed departure group we can send you individually at the same price. This is very good for you and you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have a customized itinerary.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to Langtang Gosainkunda trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, which will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect against rain or dust. Usually, porter don’t have a protective cover for the bag
- Transportation of Gosainkunda trek: Kathmandu to Dhunche There is daily local bus, alternatively you can use the private jeep. Using the local bus is quite more stressful for you because they often stop for passenger goes in and out. There will be more people than the seat, you can often see people standing on the bus which is normal. Instead, you can use the Jeep as your wish, quite costly.
Gosaikunda trek preparation
This is moderate trek, Get some primary information, it is always good to get some prior information before your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
Make sure that your time frame on holiday. This will help you to make a more efficient plan, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay in the city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Gosaikunda Trekking
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek in Nepal
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, Moderate trek are kind of trek which walks below than 5000 Meter without any technical climbing or high passes. If you want to know more about this please go through
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern. trekkers specially who is going to trek in mountain have more chance of AMS. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list For the Gosainkunda trek you should have a good gear list, that helps you a lot. The gears are always very important for the success of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without a deposit in the shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Gosaikunda Trek Itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meters||Your time|
|2||Dhunche||1,950 Meters||6-7 Hours|
|3||Sing Gompa||3330 Meters||6-7 hr|
|4||Gosainkunda||4380 Meters||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Cholang PatiSing Gompa||2450 Meters||6-7 hr|
|6||Dhunche||1950 Meters||6 hr|
|7||Kathmandu||1350 Meters||6 hr|
Gosaikunda trek Itinerary in detail
This Gosaikunda trek itinerary is the Nepal Trek Hub Standard itinerary, this can be customized as per your time and your ability. We are here to customize your Gosainkunda trek itinerary please give us an email for modification of the itinerary
- First day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350 Meter
We welcome you at the Kathmandu international airport. Representatives from NTH will be at the airport to pick you up and take you to the Hotels. We will conduct the trek briefing for you and help you arrange your trek gears whether they are sufficient or not. If not sufficient then, we help you to hire and purchase in Kathmandu.
- Second day 02: Drive to Dhunche for the trek 1950 Meters, 6-7 hours
For the Gosainkunda trek we need to take the Local bus or jeep. If you wish to take the Local bus then, the bus goes from the Machhapokhari bus park to Dhunche from early in the morning around 6: 00 Am. The road to Dhunche is not that good especially at the end near Dhunche due to the road expansion work most of the roads are dusty and bumpy. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Nuwakot and Rasuwa while driving to the Dhunche.
- Third day 03: Trek to Sing Gompa 3330 Meters, 6-7 hours.
From Dhunche, the trek goes regularly to the Gosainkunda. The trail is full of the forest where you can see the juniper, oak, and rhododendron trees. The trails go slowly high till the Cholangpati then to Sing Gompa. Sing Gompa is one of the very popular monasteries of the Langtang regions. Overnight at the Sing Gompa.
- Fourth day 04: Gosaikunda trek 4380 Meters, 6-7 hours.
This is the most exciting day of the trek, you can see the numerous snow-capped peaks while trekking to the Gosaikunda. There is a famous place which is known as Chandanwari from where you can see the splendid mountain ranges. The trails now lose the tree line and get some Himalayan bushes alongside the trek trails. This is the place where people usually get AMS. After crossing the Lauribina there is a Ganesh temple which is one of the best places to observe the mountain scenery. Now, the trail moves sideways to the Gosaikunda lake. Before Gosaikunda you can see the massive Bhairav Kunda. Kunda is the translation of a lake in English. Stay overnight at the Gosainkunda lake
- Fifth day 05: Trek down to Cholang pati 2450 Meters, 6-7 hours
Today is another exciting day, we explore the Gosaikunda lake and laurebina la pass to have the best view. Having breakfast then we will go down to Cholang Pati and stay overnight at the hotel.
- Sixth day 06: Return back to Dhunche 1950 Meters, 6 hours.
The final day of the trek will be complete, when we will reach down to Dhunche
- Seventh Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu.
Return back to Kathmandu.
- Eighth Day 08: Departure
Gosaikunda pass trek anti clockwise
Some of the trekkers these days also do the Gosainkunda trek Anti-clockwise. They find it is more quiet, beautiful, and adventurous. It is true that around Gosainkunda trek anti-clockwise is more adventurous and perfect for the trekkers who seek a quiet zone for their trek. The trek starts from Kathmandu Sundarijal and ends in the Dhunche of Rasuwa. You will cross Lauribina la pass 4681 Meters anti-clockwise which means opposite Gosainkunda trek. This is more interesting and unique rather than the regular Gosainkunda trek. trekkers see other trekkers only at overnight time and lunchtime. You will be almost alone to do this trek with your team
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 4 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Gosaikunda trek FAQ
Trekkers get’s many question on their head before they start trek on planning phase. trekkers need to make a small plan for the successful trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our Gosaikunda trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Which is the best time to Gosaikunda trek?
Nepal has 2 best season to trek. The first season of trek here in Nepal is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice, clear and pleasant. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Gosaikunda trek how many days?
Here, we have made 8 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 5 Nights in Trek, you can make this trip longer, if you wish to do it. Sightseeing plan can be added or you can continue to Lauri Bina la pass then to Sundarijal Chisapani.
What kind of accommodation in Gosaikunda trek?
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Is there wifi on gosaikunda trek?
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
Is there enough accommodation on Gosainkunda trek?
When there is main season the room might get packed often, and you need to adjust with this. Room sharing is common. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
What is the drinking water condition on trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
What is the maximum elevation of Gosaikunda trek?
Gosainkunda lake is at 4380 Meter height, we will hike up to lauri Bina La 4630 Meter. This is the maximum height you need to adjust .
what permit is for langtang gosaikunda trek?
Langtang National Park permit and Trekkers information management system permit (TIMS) are required to trek here in Langtang.
Can I do trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Read Our Review
Why Nepal Trek Hub
Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
Team of local expert guides, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
Pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
Guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
Care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Sensative about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
Nepal Trek Hub has a 90% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Why you like this?
Thrilling and nice drive to Syabrubensi
Deep and very thick forest langtang river valley, animals can be seen here such as Himalayan thar, monkey, red panda and so on
Magnificent view of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gang Chhenpo (6388m), Naya Kangri (5846m) ,Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and many other peaks
Friendly and very hospitable tamang people of Langtang
Hindu holy lake gosainkuna, bhairav kunda, sarswatikunda and many other lakes
Very peaceful environment