The Gosaikunda trek is amazing trek route in the Langtang Nepal. This gosainkunda trek 5 days is short trek in which you will be able to see amazing culture, nature, splendid Himalayan scenery, and the lifestyle of local. This trail is suitable for those who seeks peace in short trek. Further more information please do let’s us know if you want to customize tripplease let us know
Gosaikunda trek short and beautiful trek in langtang region of Nepal on the north of Kathmandu valley. The gosaikunda trekking is gives you a glimpse into the diverse landscape, culture, and nature as well as Panoramic view of Langtang Himalayan Range. Langtang National park has a lot of protected fauna, they are Resus monkey, snow leopard, wild boar, grey wolf and more importantly this is also a Red Panda protected zone. Known as holy lake is one of the easiest and short 5 days trek in Nepal. The trek is all about reaching Gosaikunda Lake which is elevated at 4380m. This is Nepal’s one of the sacred place for both the Hindus and Buddhists people. These holy lakes get’s a big number of pilgrimage when there is a festival Janai Purnima. Shaman perform different religious dance as well as worship on those days. Our Gosaikunda trek 5 days very short sweet which covers all aspect of trek and gives taste of Nepal.
Gosaikunda lake and mythsHimalayan lake Gosaikunda is a holy lake which lies at the heart of Langtang National Park. The source of Trisuli river, Trisul Dhara has out from here. It is located at an altitude of 4,380 m (14,370 ft). Several other lake such as Suryakunda, bhairav kunda and many other are below and above this lake. All lakes have its own religious significance.
According to Hindu myth Gosaikunda as the abode of the Hindu god lord Shiva. Hindu scriptures Bhagavata Purana, Vishnu Purana refer to Samudra Manthan by god and devil from that poison produced and that poison started to destroy everything. Lord Shiva drunk that poison, afterward he got a neck burn then went to walk to the world seeking the cold place. When he arrived Gosainkunda he hit the hill with his trident and drunk the cold water and lied own to the lake. This is the place where Big river Trisuli origins from here.
Your Gosaikunda trek begins driving from Kathmandu to Dhunche. With outstanding view of countryside, you will be able to enjoy the driving even though the road is not good. Most of the road are not blacktopped. Dhunche headquarter of Rasuwa where you will spent a night. Walk starts from dhunche by next morning, the trail is accent with bamboo bushes and rhododendron tree. Cholangpati is overnight place where you spent the next night before Gosainkunda. Viewpoint in Gosainkunda is another majour attraction of this trek from where you can observe the Langtang Himalayan range. To back from here to Dunche it is another 2 days trek.
Nepal trek hub Gosainkunda trek 5 Days is actually is 6 days from Trek departure to arrival in Kathmandu. Which means you need 2 more days to come and go to your country. If you have more time you can do sightseeing in Kathmandu as well.
Regarding gosaikunda weather, like others trekking route of Nepal. March, April, May and September last to November last the weather here is perfect. So we call this time is gosaikunda trek best season. Mountain up to far distance can be seen if there is no fog or hazy weather. Even in season that we mentioned above can be bad, but generally it is good on that time. Other month the weather might be good or bad, When there is festival in august on gosaikunda temple, this is rainy season. If the dhunche weather is bad then you should think about the rain shade to go trek
dhunche to gosaikunda the trek trail is very unique as well as peaceful, you will get the companion of birds and wild animals.
Gosaikunda trek highlights
- Gosaikunda trek how many days:4 Days trek from Dhunche to Dhunche also Need 2 Days to Go from Kathmandu and to come Kathmandu. furthermore you need 2 days to Arrive in Nepal and departure. You may extend your trek or sightseeing if you have more days.
- Gosaikunda trek height: Gosainkunda lake is in 4380 Meter height, we will hike up to lauri Bina La 4630 Meter. This is the maximum height you need to adjust
- Trek difficulty: This is Moderate trek, Moderate trek are not that difficult. Walking 5-6 hours up to the elevation below 5,000 meter regularly is the moderate trek characteristics. Trekkers don’t need to climb technical so much but sometimes a little bit hard effort is needed.
- Best time to Trek: From the February end or beginning of March to End of May is second best season then from the end of September to End of November is first good season to trek in Gosainkunda and other part of Nepal
- Trek fixed departure: We do have a fixed departure for gosaikunda Trek. Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip anytime of the year. Even if we don’t have a fixed departure group we can send you individually at same price. This is very good to you and you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have customized itinerary.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to Langtang gosaikunda trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, which will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation of gosaikunda trek: Kathmandu to Dhunche There is daily local bus, alternatively you can use the private jeep. Using local bus is quite more stressful for you because they often stop for passenger goes in and out. There will be more people than seat, you can often see people standing on bus which is normal. Instead you can use the Jeep as your wish, quite costly.
Gosaikunda trek preparation
This is moderate trek, Get some primary information, it is always good to get some prior information before your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
Make sure that your time frame in holiday. This will help you to make more efficient plan, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay on city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Gosaikunda Trekking
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek in Nepal
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, Moderate trek are kind of trek which walks below than 5000 Meter without any technical climbing or high passes. If you want to know more about this please go through
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern. trekkers specially who is going to trek in mountain have more chance of AMS. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list For gosaikunda trek you should have a good gear list, that help you a lot. The gears are always very important for successful of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Gosainkunda Trek outline itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Dhunche||1,950 Mft||6-7 Hours|
|3||Cholang Pati||2450 M||6-7 hr|
|4||Gosainkunda||4380 M||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Sing Gompa||350 M||6-7 hr hr|
|6||Dhunche||1950 M||6 hr|
|7||Kathmandu||1350 M||6 hr|
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 4 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Gosaikunda trek FAQ
Trekkers get’s many question on their head before they start trek on planning phase. trekkers need to make a small plan for the successful trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our Gosaikunda trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Nepal has 2 best season to trek. The first season of trek here in Nepal is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice, clear and pleasant. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Here, we have made 8 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 5 Nights in Trek, you can make this trip longer, if you wish to do it. Sightseeing plan can be added or you can continue to Lauri Bina la pass then to Sundarijal Chisapani.
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
When there is main season the room might get packed often, and you need to adjust with this. Room sharing is common. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
Gosainkunda lake is at 4380 Meter height, we will hike up to lauri Bina La 4630 Meter. This is the maximum height you need to adjust .
Langtang National Park permit and Trekkers information management system permit (TIMS) are required to trek here in Langtang.
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Submit your review
- Duration:8 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height4630 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Thrilling and nice drive to Syabrubensi
Deep and very thick forest langtang river valley, animals can be seen here such as Himalayan thar, monkey, red panda and so on
Magnificent view of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gang Chhenpo (6388m), Naya Kangri (5846m) ,Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and many other peaks
Friendly and very hospitable tamang people of Langtang
Hindu holy lake gosainkuna, bhairav kunda, sarswatikunda and many other lakes
Very peaceful environment