Tamang heritage Trek or Tamang heritage trail Trek 11 Days short trek in Langtang from Your arrival to departure. if you have more time you can also do Langtang valley trek. This trek trail is suitable for those who seeks peace, culture, nature in short trek. If you want to customize trip and make as per your needs, please let us know
Tamang Heritage Trail trek is one of the well known trek route which consists of a loop on the western edge of Langtang National Park of rasuwa. Located in north of the Kathmandu Valley, the Tamang Heritage begins from the small town Syabrubensi. Tamag ethnic group are everywhere in this region that is why it is tamang heritage trail trek. This trek passes through several Tamang villages Gatlang, Goljung, Chilime, Thuman, Timure and Briddim, where you will have a opportunity to see and experience Tamang village life, culture and traditions. Main attraction is the tamang people culture. Buddhist culture is widely seen here as we see this is Buddhist residents. Local tamang people have persevered of their cultures and traditions intact and their unique rituals and practices are reflected beautifully in the many monasteries, gumbas, chaityas and Bihars. Giant mountain such as Langtang Lirung and Ganesh Himal and many other peaks are major attraction.
If you have a time you can even do Langtang trek which is another part of this trek, You would trek to Langtang valley to see the Himalayas as well as the landscape of this region. More clear view of Himalayas can be seen from everywhere. The trail offers you a complete trek experience of Himalaya but with less tourist. In recent years the number of travelers are increasing here but as compare with other region of Nepal it is very less.
Nepal trek hub langtang tamage heritage trail trek begins from Kathmandu to syabrubensi drive which takes about 6-7 hours due to road construction work. While driving to Syabrubensi you would see the rural Nepal and their lifestyle. Staying overnight Syabrubensi you would start your trek next day early in the morning. Gatlang is your destination today a magical landscape appears today even though the way is quite challenged you would forget everything of your tiredness. Likewise you go to Thuman, Nagthali ( this is best viewpoint in this route), Timure and rasuwagadhi. All village has carried out some special things that you can explore. The ever smiling faces and their unique cultures are always remind your mesmerize journey for the lifetime.
Trekking in Tamang heritage trail in Springtime is unique experience itself, wildflowers such as, rhododendron, orchids, magnolia, and numerous other botanical species increase the beauty of trek. Tamang heritage trail weather in October November is best season to trek because of the clear weather.
Tamang heritage trail trek notesAll the information we have given here is just a surface info. Above we mentioned is our standard plan however your trip can be fully customized as per your needs and time.
If somethings happens like Local politics, landslides, road bloc, weather, transport or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary during on trip.
Those things might lead the change of itinerary, you don’t need to be worry about this. Our professional guides are there to help you and we always give our best our service level and make you satisfy.
Tamang heritage trail trek highlights
- Tamang heritage trail trek how many days:7 Days trek from Syabrubensi to Syabrubensi also Need 2 Days to Go from Kathmandu and to arrive in Kathmandu. further 2 days is needed to stay in Kathmandu on arrival night and departure night before you go
- Tamang heritage trail trek height: Nagthali Gyang (3,165m/10,350 ft) is the highest point of the trek, this is the highest elevation point of your trek. Himalayas scenery viewing point nagthali is the main high level in this trek.
- Trek difficulty: This is Moderate trek, Moderate trek are not that difficult or challenging. Normally 5-6 hours walking each day below 5,000 meter regularly is the moderate trek characteristics. Trekkers don’t need to climb technical so much but sometimes a little bit hard effort is needed.
- Best time to Trek: From the February end or beginning of March to End of May is second best season then from the end of September to End of November is first good season to trek in tamang heritage trail trek and other part of Nepal
- Trek fixed departure: We want to sent you on fixed departure so we fix some fixed departure, however it is always not possible to departure. In this case Nepal Trek Hub offer you this trip anytime of the year as personalized trek. We aim to serve you personalized holiday as per your needs.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to tamang heritage trail trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, this will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation to go Tamang heritage trail trek: Kathmandu to Syabrubensi There is daily local bus, alternatively you can use the private jeep. Using local bus is quite more stressful for you because they often stop for passenger goes in and out. There will be more people than seat, you can often see people standing on bus which is normal. Instead you can use the Jeep as your wish, quite costly.
Tamang heritage trail trek preparation
This is moderate trek, Get some primary information, it is always good to get some prior information before your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
Make sure that your time frame in holiday. This will help you to make more efficient plan, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay on city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about tamang heritage trail Trekking
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek in Nepal
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, Moderate trek are kind of trek which walks below than 5000 Meter without any technical climbing or high passes. If you want to know more about this please go through
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern. trekkers specially who is going to trek in mountain have more chance of AMS. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list For tamang heritage trail trek you should have a good gear list, that help you a lot. The gears are always very important for successful of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Tamang heritage Trek outline itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Syabrubesi||1460 Mft||6-7 Hours|
|3||Gatlang Village||2238 M||6-7 hr|
|4||Tatopani||2607 M||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Nagthali||3180 M||5-6 hr|
|6||Timure||1762 M||6 hr|
|7||Rasuwagadhi||1815 M||6 hr|
|8||Briddim||2260 M||5 hr|
|9||Syabrubesi||1460 M||3 hr|
|10||Kathmandu||1350 M||6-7 hr|
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Tamang heritage trail trek FAQ
Usually, trekkers get’s so many question on their mind before they plan to trek. Trekkers need to make a fair and suit plan for the successful trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer here, follow our tamang heritage trail trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Nepal has 2 best season to trek on Himalayas. The first season of trek here in Nepal is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice, clear and pleasant. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Here, NTH have made 11 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 2 Nights in syabrubensi, 6 nights in trek. sufficient days traveler can extend this trip longer, if you wish to do it. Sightseeing plan can be added or you can continue to Langtang Valley trek
There are basic tea houses (this is local home stay) in the trekking trail. They provide a bit comfortable bed and clean room. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
When there is main season the room might get packed often, and you need to adjust with this. Room sharing is common. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
Nagthali is 3180 Meter height, This is the maximum height you will achive.
Langtang National Park permit and Trekkers information management system permit (TIMS) are required to trek here in Langtang.
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Submit your review
Tamang Heritage trek facts
- Duration:8 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height4630 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Thrilling and nice drive to Syabrubensi
Traditional life style and their unique tamang cultures
Monasteries, chorten and gumpas a long the way
Hot spring but now it is very small
View of Langtang lirung and many other peaks
Ever smiling local people