Tsum valley trek or Manaslu tsum valley trek is 18 Days cultural and nature scenery trek in Budi Gandaki river valley. Those trekkers who is keen to know Tibetan Buddhism and their amazing culture with very less tourist this is best options for them. Time, if you have more then you can continue toManaslu trek. For customize your holiday please let’s us know bycustomize trip so we can make plan as per your needs.
Tsum Valley trek is a nice walk on the Tsum valley of Gorkha district. Located in the north-west of Manaslu Mountain which is just in-front of Ganesh Himal. Tsum Valley Trekking, an adventure walk in to a wilderness in the harmony of pristine natural surrounding which is hidden between gigantic peaks of Ganesh Himal and killer mountain Manaslu (Kutang) range of Mid West Himalayan mountains. This part of Nepal was closed for tourist until 2008. From then it opened and attracting the many tourists to explore its unique beauty. Very less tourist visit this area of Nepal because of less reorganization as well as it is restricted area trek of Nepal. Tibetan people and Tibetan Buddhist cultures are here. Chekampar is the biggest settlement of this route while there is Nile and chule other big settlement. Monasteries and Buddhism are very much here, as we can see the women monks monasteries also.
In local language Tsum means ‘Valley of Happiness’ purely a beautiful and hidden exotic Himalayan destination, in the leap of Ganesh Himal. Sringi, Ganesh and Buddha Himal mountain ranges has increased the beauty of marvelous tsum valley. This serene valley is rich in ancient art of making thanks and stone carving, culture and religion. Known as a germs of rural unique and important monasteries, and trails lined with artistic chortens and stone mani walls decorated by Buddhist prayers
Nepal trek hub tsum valley trekking starts with an adventure, exciting overland drive from Kathmandu to Arughat. The road up to Dhading is Blacktopped from dhading to Arughat the road is bumpy. Arughat is very lowland and located in the bank of massive Budi Ganddaki River. Trekkers start their marvelous trek around Manaslu and Tsum Valley. Journey goes further by following the glacial Buri Gandaki River upstream. This beautiful walk leads cooler alpine areas by passing nice and interesting villages of Machhakhola, Dovan, Yaru, Jagat, Philim, Ekle Bhatti and Lokpa to enter the valley of happiness of Tsum. At Tsum with interesting scenic walks visit its heritage villages of colorful culture which is similar to Tibetan with Buddhism religion and tour of old Mu Gompa on the hill and Rachen Gompa (monastery) of immense interest. We again go to the old and lonely monastery of Gumba Lungdang which is just in-front of Ganesh Himal. Ganesh himal is very close from here, talking another way opposite side of the river crossing through the Ripche then Lokpa you will end your trek of tsum Valley. Manaslu trek can be done if you have enogh time or you can finish the same way that you started.
For travelers/trekkers who are keen to know and fascinated by Tibetan culture as well as mountains, and Buddhism Tsum Valley trek is best options. The Tsum valley trek is complete packages of all components that mentioned above. Learning their lifestyle, profession culture and religion itself a beauty. October November and March April are best time to explore this things.
Tsum Valley trek permit
|S.N||Area||Government permit charge|
|1||Gorkha Tsum Valley Area|
|September – November|
USD 40 per person / week
USD 7 per person / day (beyond 1 week)
December – August
USD 30 per person / week
USD 7 per person / day (beyond 1 week)
|2||Manaslu conservation Area Project permit||This is Manaslu conservation cost 30$|
Tsum valley trek highlights
- Tsum valley trek how many days:18 Days total plan have been set up here. 3 Nights in Kathmandu and 14 Nights are in Trek. Next day after your arrival you must stay in Kathmandu because of permit work. That is why we have put the sightseeing program for this day. it is up to you. From here you drive to Arughat and you trek
- Tsum valley trek maximum height: Mu Gompa (3,700m/12,099 ft) is the highest point of this trek, You don’t sleep on this height, but you do day hike to see this Gompa from Nile.
- Trek difficulty: This is Moderate kind of trek, Moderate trek are not that difficult in level. you need to walk 6-7 hours in a day below than 5000 meter altitude. Any technical climbing is not required.
- Best time to Trek: The first season which is also known as a Best season is October November season. This season weather is so pleasant, the weather is neither too warm not too cold in down valley but in mountain it is pretty cold.
The second season is March April on this time the weather also becomes good and clear, it is before summer so down valley is completely humid. Even though the trek is good in this season.
- Trek fixed departure: We want to sent you on fixed departure so we fix some fixed departure, however it is always not possible to dodeparture. In this case Nepal Trek Hub offer you this trip anytime of the year as personalized trek. We aim to serve you personalized holiday as per your needs.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to tamang heritage trail trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, this will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation to go Tsum Valley trek: Kathmandu to Arughat There is daily local bus, alternatively you can use the private jeep. Using local bus is quite more stressful for you because they often stop for passenger goes in and out. There will be more people than seat, you can often see people standing on bus which is normal. Instead you can use the Jeep as your wish, quite costly.
Tsum Valley trek notes
This is control region area, you need to take the Tsum valley trek permit from the immigration office Nepal. Only registered trekking agency can issue this. original visa issued passport is needed to issue the permit that is the reason you spent a single day before your trek in Kathmandu. Shopping and gear can be prepared on this day
All the information we have given here is just a surface info. Above here what, we mentioned is our standard plan however your trip can be fully customized as per your needs and time.
If somethings happens like Local politics, strikes, landslides, road bloc, weather, transport or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary during on trip. Which we are not answerable but we will try to fix this issue as soon as possible
Those things might lead the change of itinerary, you don’t need to be worry about this. Our professional guides are there to help you and we always give our best our service level and make you satisfy.
Tsum valley trek preparation
This is moderate trek, Get some primary information, it is always good to get some prior information before your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
Make sure that your time frame in holiday. This will help you to make more efficient plan, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay on city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Tsum valley Trekking
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek in Nepal
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, Moderate trek are kind of trek which walks below than 5000 Meter without any technical climbing or high passes. If you want to know more about this please go through
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern. trekkers specially who is going to trek in mountain have more chance of AMS. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list: To trek on Tsum Valley you should have a good gear list, that help you a lot. The gears are always very important for successful of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Tsum Valley Trek outline itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Sightseeing||1350 M||full day|
|3||Soti Khola||775 M||8-9 hr|
|4||Machha Khola||900 M||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Jagat||1340 M||6-7 hr|
|6||Lokpa||2260 M||6 hr|
|7||Chumling||2360 M||5-6 hr|
|8||Rachen Gompa||3300 M||6-7 hr|
|9||Mu Gompa||3700 M||5-6 hr|
|10||Mu Gompa||Exploration||Full day|
|11||Rainjam||2600 Mete||5-6 hr|
|12||Gomba Lungdang||3200 M||6 hr|
|13||Ripchet||2450 M||5-6 hr|
|14||Lokpa||2240 M||6 hr|
|15||Dovan||1070 Meter||7-8 hr|
|16||Soti Khola||700 M||6-7 hr|
|17||Kathmandu||1350 Meter||7-8 hr|
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 3 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Manaslu Area conservation Project permit
- Special permit/control region permit
- Local bus transportation
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Tsum valley trek FAQ
All trekkers travelers might get many question before they start to trek. From planning to implementation there is question everywhere so we have placed some general question over here. If this will not satisfy your queries please let’s us so we can give you all the answer, regarding cost and everything
The best season or month is October/November, This is nepal main season for tourism as the weather is very clear and pleasant. the far you can see and green everywhere. Mountain scenery are too good in this season.
March April is another second best season, down valley and southern part of Nepal is hot while mountain is good to trek. The weather is also fantastic
With the help of registered trek agency, you will be able to get the permit. You need to take the Guide also. While you book send the passport details and photo. upon arrival you need to give your passport because passport physical presence is mandatory to get the permit.
Here, NTH have made 18 days plan from arrival to departure, Among that duration 3 Nights in Kathmandu, 14 nights in trek. If you have more days you can continue to Manaslu trek
There are basic tea houses also home stay (this is local home stay) in the trekking route. Clean bed and sharing bathroom are available everywhere. For shower they give you bucket hot shower
Yes, There is WIFI service in some places. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
There are limited number of tea houses or home stay. Main season, it might be full as well. Room sharing is common. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
Mu Gompa is the maximum height you need to go which is 3700 meter. you don’t spent night here.
Manaslu conservation area project permit and Tsum valley control region permit are required to trek in this area.
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Submit your review
Tsum valley trek facts
- Duration:18 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height3700 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car,jeep
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Thrilling and nice drive to Arughat
tibetan Traditional life style and their unique cultures
Monasteries, chorten and gumpas a everywhere
Narrow budi gandaki river valley and village a long with it.
View of Ganesh Himal, Shiringi, Buddha Himal, cheo himal and many other peaks
Ever smiling local people and their friendly hospitality