Helambu trek is a short and very stunning trek of Langtang Region of Nepal. Helambu trekking can be a very ideal destination for the trekkers who have a short time but want to observe the Langtang Himalayan range very closely. With very less physical demand, you can do this trek easily as compare with another trek of Nepal. Langtang Helambu area is very peaceful and unique with the people who live here. The stunning view of the Himalayas, alpine forest and friendly Tamang people makes the trekkers very satisfy doing this trek. Helambu trekking is a very good destination for the trekkers who are seeking to enjoy nature without the big crowd of tourist. The Sherpa and Tamang community around this area is very interesting to observe. The short trek Helambu lies on the north of Kathmandu valley which can be easily done any time of the year.
You can start the Helambu trek either from Melamchi Bazaar or Sundarijal Kathmandu. There is another popular trek route known as a Langtang Gosainkunda trek which joins ultimately here on this route from Tharepati. Nepal Trek hub Helambu trek starts from Kathmandu and climbs the hill which crossed the valley and reaches the Chisapani. The chisapani offers the first magnificent view of Langtang range. Crossing the local village through the border of Sindhupalchowk and Nuwakot. You can enjoy the lifestyle of the local before reaching the Kutumsang. Tharepati is the viewpoint from where you can see the stunning view of Langtang Range including the magnificent Dorje Lakpa. Sermangthang, Melamchi Gaon, Tarke Gyang are the village where you can see the Buddhist culture and several big monasteries here. You can enjoy the beautiful cultures as well as the green scenery of the beautiful Himalayan scenery.
Helambu trek highlights
- Stunning view of Himalayas Helambu trek offers the magnificent view of the Himalayas including the Gang Chhenpo, Jugal Himal, Nayagang Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung and many other peaks
- Friendly people and typical Tamang cultures: You can see the amazing tamang cultures where you can see the Buddhism on the village like Tarkeghyang
- Visit antiquated Sherpa towns and their traditional and religious practices, The more common community is Hyolmo society.
- Trekkers can see flora and fauna along the trekking trail, apple farm, Admirable religious communities of sherpa and Tamang people and countless mani walls.
Helambu Trek Tips
Here are some helamu trek tips for the travellers
- Drinks enough water, It is better if you drink the purified water. You can even use the aqua tabs or similar stuff to purify the water.
- Respect to the local cultures and people
- Always ask for permission before you take the photos
- Do not throw the non-degradable trash to trekking trail. carry your trash to camp
- You can taste the local food
- Carry enough cash for the trek, if you want to give a donation to the school you can donate because the schools along the trekking trails were affected by the earthquake.
- Take enough trekking gears so that you can be comfortable at any condition that arises due to weather change
Helambu Trek itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Chisapani||(2300m/7544 ft)||6-7 Hours|
|4||Thadepati||(3650m/11972ft)||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Tarkeghyang||(2560m/8397ft)||6-7 hr hr|
|7||Malemchi Puul Bazaar then Kathmandu||1350 M||6 hr|
Helambu Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Helambu trek FAQ
Trekkers get’s many question on their head before they start trek on planning phase. trekkers need to make a plan for the successful trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our Helambu trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Nepal has 2 best season to trek. The first season of trek here in Nepal is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice, clear and pleasant. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Here, we have made 9 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 6 Nights in Trek, you can make this trip longer, if you wish to do it. You can extended your trip by doing sight trip or add some Sightseeing Plan
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail. The guest house are quite clean and comfortable but not good like in Kathmandu
Yes, There is WIFI in some place but not everywhere, you can use the mobile data.
Yes, there is enough guest houses around trek route, since it is not busy trekking trail you will not have problem of Accommodation
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
Gosainkunda lake is at 3650m/11972ft height, This is the maximum height you would reach and you can hike bit more to see the Himalayas.
Langtang National Park permit and Trekkers information management system permit (TIMS) are required to trek here in Langtang.
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Read Our Review
Read Our Review on TripAdvisor, We are Ranked 256/1400
Read Our Review on TrustPilot
Read Our Review on Google My Business
Helambu trek facts
- Duration:8 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height4630 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Thrilling walk of Shivapuri National park.
Several mani-walls and chorten around the trekking trails
Magnificent view of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gang Chhenpo (6388m), Naya Kangri (5846m) ,Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and many other peaks
Friendly and very hospitable tamang and sherpa people
Very peaceful environment