The Langtang Gosaikunda trek is amazing trek route in the Langtang Nepal. This gosainkunda trek such a wonderful destinations that has a amazing culture, nature, and the lifestyle. This trail is suitable for those who seeks peace as well as scenery and inter-reaction with locals. Depending on your time frame we can make this trek longer and shorter as well. Do let’s us know if you want to customize tripplease let us know
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek one of the top favored trek route in Langtang, specially who wants’ to do quite long and tough trek . The Langtang Himalayan range is just of the north of Kathmandu valley standing from west Manaslu to East Rolwaling range of Mountain. Peaceful , beauty, nature, flora and fauna as well as mountain in this region are sufficiently abundant. 3 Sections are combined in this trek route, first Langtang valley and mountain surround here, second Hindu Religious holy lake Gosainkunda and finally a such a magnificent countryside of Nepal. Most of the trekkers as well as we put this trek as a moderate trek because of its difficulty. Laurebina pass (4610m15120ft) is the pass height and Kyanjin Ri (4773m / 15655 ft) that you will be stepping up.
Tamang community of Nepal have been living in this region and some sherpa as well. During whole trek you would see the friendly and hospitable Tamang people and their amazing Buddhist cultures. Apart from this you will have magnificent views of Langtang Himalayan range. This route is totally inside Langtang National park. Trekkers may able to see Wildlife inhabitant such as Red Pandas Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan Thar, Rhesus Monkey and Langur. Park has many types of flora such as rhododendron, bamboo, pine, oak and many other plants.
Nepal trek hub Langtang gosaikunda trek 14 Days is actually is 12 days, 10 Days trek and 2 days to tavel to trek starting point and to Kathmandu from trekking finishing point. Driving to Syabrubensi which takes about 7-8 hours through half black toped and half bumpy road is amazing experience through the amazing landscape of Nuwakot. Staying overnight in syabrubensi, you start your trek to Mundo, Pahiro, bamboo and Lamahotel. Lama hotel is a place where you stay overnight before langtang. Next day you trek to Langtang. It is amazing day today as you see the thick forest as well as rapid flowing langtang river and magnificent langtang Lirung view. Kyanjin Gompa is the final destination of Langtang valley where you will be staying 2 nights. On the rest day you would trek to either Kyanjin ri or Tcherku ri to see the Himalayas. Ganchhenpo (6388m), Dorje Lakpa (6990m), Laurebinayak pass (4,609m). A splendid sight of mountains like Langtang Lirung (7,200m), Ganesh Himal (7,600m) and Langtang-II (7,227m) is perfectly visible from view point. Backing with same way you will trek to Thulo Syabru. Thulo Syabru is a big settlement of Tamang people. Tamang cultures and their traditions can observed here. Staying overnight here you would trek to Sing Gompa , and Gosainkunda respectively. Gosainkunda lake is ultimate destination . if you have strong stamina you can trek up to Lauri Bina la pass. Trek Back to Dhunche, to catch the vehicle to Kathmandu
Our company offer this trek to you all to explore the beauty of Langtang and to enjoy on peace. This is not the busy route like Annapurna and Everest. It is also a cheap trekking destination of Nepal where you can spend your holiday with pleasure and excitement. We are here to help you to optimize and customize your trekking plan as per your needs. With Langtang national park permit and Trekking information management system permit (TIMS) you can trek here easily. We advise you to take a Nepali guide or porter for your safety . Normally it is very safe but you know we are not always 100%.
This itinerary does not cross the Lauri bina la if you want to cross and make the itinerary bit longer and explore the beauty of Helambu site please let’s us know. We are here to give our best.
Langtang gosaikunda trek highlights
- Langtang gosaikunda trek how many days:This trek can be done as per your time frame and wish.The minimum time period is 12 days. From Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and Dhunche to Kathmandu 2 days needed to travel. If you want to make it longer, you can cross the Lauri Bina La pass and do Helambu trek. Helambu allows you to increase the day in mountain. Particularly this place is also best for Buddhisim
- Langtang gosaikunda trek height: There are two place in this route. Particularly Kyanjin Ri and Tserku ri 4773 Meter and 5000 Meter respectively. If you want to cross the lauri Bina La 4630 Meter.
- Trek difficulty: This is Moderate trek, so this is not so much difficult as Everest base camp or other challenging trek of Nepal. Moderate trek means walking 5-6 hours up to the elevation below 5,000 meter. In this type of trek, you don’t need to climb technical so much but sometimes a little bit hard effort is needed.
- Best time to Trek: In Nepal, We have 2 best season for trekking adventure in Nepal. The fist season is October and November, Then we have second is March, April and may which is another second best season. March April is month of Rhododendron flowers which increases the beauty of trek this time. Trekkers can do trek in another time beside this but you need to be lucky specially in summer monsoon and winter snowfall.
- Trek fixed departure: We do have a fixed departure for Langtang gosaikunda Trek. Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip anytime of the year. Even if we don’t have a fixed departure group we can send you individually at same price. This is very good to you and you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have customized itinerary.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to Langtang gosaikunda trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, which will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation of Langtang gosaikunda trek: Kathmandu to Syabrubensi There is daily local bus, alternatively you can use the private jeep. Using local bus is quite more stressful for you because they often stop for passenger goes in and out. There will be more people than seat, you can often see people standing on bus which is normal. Instead you can use the Jeep as your wish, quite costly.
coming back to Kathmandu from Dhunche also same as Syabrubensi.
Langtang gosaikunda trek preparation
This is moderate trek, If you want to do this, it is always good to get some primary information prior to your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
At the the first step of your trek preparation, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay on city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek in Nepal
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, Moderate trek are kind of trek which walks below than 5000 Meter without any technical climbing or high passes. If you want to know more about this please go through
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern of high land trekkers specially who is going to trek in mountain. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list For Langtang gosaikunda trek you should have a good gear list, that help you a lot. The gears are always very important for successful of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
langtang gosaikunda trek map
Are you willing to see the map. There are different types of map in market, and available everywhere. When you are buying the map please buy the langtang trek map. This includes all trekking route of langtang including the one you are trying to do.
If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there are Himalayan Map publisher, Nepal map house publisher. You can buy it from there choosing either big scale with details map which cost is more than normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek are in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advice you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in pocket. We will give you a map as complementary service.
Trek outline itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Travel to Syabrubensi||1550 Meter||8-9 Hours|
|3||Trek to Lamahotel||2450 m||6-7 hr|
|4||Lamahotel to Langtang Village||3430 M||6 – 7 hr|
|5||Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa||3870 M||3-4 hr|
|6||Hiking Day||Kyanjin Ri (4350m) or Tserko Ri (5,000m)||7-8 hr|
|7||Return back to Lamahotel||2450 M||6-7 hr|
|8||Thulo Syabru||2230 m||6-7 hr|
|9||Sing Gompa||3330 m||6-7 hr|
|10||Gosaikunda lake||4460 m||5-6 hr|
|11||Sing Gompa||3330 m||7-8 hr|
|12||Dunche||1800 m||5-6 hr|
|13||Kathmandu||1350 m||6-7 hr|
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 4 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
langtang gosaikunda trek FAQ
Most of the trekkers get’s many question on their mind before they start trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our langtang gosaikunda trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
There are 2 best season to trek in Nepal.The first best season of trek here is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice and clear. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Here, we have made 14 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 11 Nights in Trek, you can make this trip longer, if you wish to do it.
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
When there is main season the room might get packed often, and you need to adjust with this. Room sharing is common. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
If you make the accent to Kyanjin Ri (4773m) or Tserko Ri (5,000m). This is the maximum elevation that you will attempt. Other places are below than this.
Langtang National Park permit and Trekkers information management system permit (TIMS) are required to trek here in Langtang.
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Submit your review
greetings from Milan.We are working this days so much so we don't have time to speak with you all but we miss that. Thank you for organizing such a great trip of Langtang which we will not forget. the trip was just more than very very beautiful, well organized and friendly staff. Thank you Nepal Trek Hub and our Guide Sabin
see you again
Thank you so much for your review. this review is very important to improve our service standards. we look to serve you again in Nepal for another trek
langtang gosaikunda facts
- Duration:14 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height5000 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Thrilling and nice drive to Syabrubensi
Deep and very thick forest langtang river valley, animals can be seen here such as Himalayan thar, monkey, red panda and so on
Magnificent view of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gang Chhenpo (6388m), Naya Kangri (5846m) ,Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and many other peaks
Friendly and very hospitable tamang people of Langtang
Hindu holy lake gosainkuna, bhairav kunda, sarswatikunda and many other lakes
Very peaceful environment