- Trek Duration
7-14 Days + –
Tea House Trek
- Max Altitude
- Trekkers Numbers
1-18 but Flexible
- Best Time of Year
Spring and Autumn
- Trek Difficulty
- Price: 680 + –
Overview of Langtang Gosaikunda trek
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is one of the top favoured trek routes in Langtang, particularly for trekkers who wish to do quite a long and tough trek. The ultimate target of the trek is the Langtang Himalayan range which is just north of Kathmandu Valley standing from west Manaslu to the East Rolwaling range Himalayas. Hikers can enjoy the Peacefulness, beauty, nature, flora and fauna, as well as a mountain in this region, are sufficiently abundant. 3 Sections are combined in this trek route, first Langtang valley and the mountain surrounding here, second Hindu Religious holy lake Gosainkunda and finally the magnificent countryside of Nepal. Most of the trekkers as well as we put this trek as a moderate trek because of its difficulty. Laurebina pass (4610m15120ft) is the pass height and Kyanjin Ri (4773m / 15655 ft) that you will be stepping up.
Langtang Gosaikunda trek first goes to the marvellous Langtang valley where you can see the mighty Himalayas then divert to the other sides of the ranges where you will encounter the Buddhist and Hindu cultural sites with the fabulous mountains. Trekkers would see the friendly and hospitable Tamang people and their amazing Buddhist cultures. Apart from this, you will have magnificent views of the Langtang Himalayan range. This route is totally inside Langtang National Park. Trekkers may be able to see Wildlife inhabitants such as Red Pandas Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan Thar, Rhesus Monkey and Langur. Park has many types of flora such as rhododendron, bamboo, pine, oak and many other plants. on this hike you can see Langtang Lirung 7,234 M, Langtang RI 7,205 M, Dorje Lakpa 6,966 M, Loenpo Gang 6,907 M, Changbu 6,781 M, Gangchenpo 6,387 M, Morimoto 6,150 M, Yala peak 5,520 M and many other peaks. At the Gosaikunda you can see the Hindu Holy temple and Lake Gosaikunda with many other lakes which have different Hindu religious beliefs. Gosaikunda Lake itself is known as a place where lord Shiva (Hindu Greatest god, also known as the god of death) lay after drinking the Kalkut Halahal Poison.
Table of contents
Why Langtang gosaikunda trek?
- Scenic and rough drive to Syabrubensi
- Trekking through Deep and very thick forest langtang river valley, animals can be seen here such as Himalayan thar, monkey, red panda and so on
- Magnificent view of Mt. Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gang Chhenpo (6388m), Naya Kangri (5846m) ,Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and many other peaks
- Friendly and very hospitable tamang people of Langtang
- Hindu holy lake gosainkuna, bhairav kunda, sarswatikunda and many other lakes
- Very peaceful environment
Langtang Gosainkunda trek highlights
- Tamang people and their cultures in the Langtang Valley and along the trek trails
- Wildlife inhabitants such as Red Pandas Musk Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan Thar, Rhesus Monkey and Langur.
- Langtang Lirung (7,246m), Langtang Ri, Morimatto, Ganjala Peak, mount Langsisa peak, Langtang Himal, Ganjala peak, Gangchenpo 6,387 M, Loenpo Gang 6,907 M and many other countless peaks
- You will do a trek through the Langtang National Park, you will be able to see different types of flora and fauna, monkey and deer are very common in this national park
- The Tamang people and their rituals and traditions are things to see here while you do Langtang Gosaikunda trek
- You can explore holy Gosaikunda lake, Bhairav Lake, Surya Lake and many others lake around here
Langtang Gosaikunda trek Facts
|10 Trek days,1 Day Drive to Syabrubensi and 1 day drive back to Kathmandu
2 days Arrival and Departure total 14 days
|Drive sarts From Gongabu Buspark and trek starts from Syabrubesi
|Drive ends at Kathmandu and trek ends at Dhunche
|Langtang Trek Best Time:
|(Spring and Autumn Season)In Nepal, We have 2 best seasons for a trekking adventure in Nepal. The first season is October and November, Then we have second is March, April and May which is another second-best season. March April is the month of Rhododendron flowers which increases the beauty of trek this time. Trekkers can do the trek in another time beside this but you need to be lucky especially in summer monsoon and winter snowfall.
|TIMS and Langtang National Park Permits
|Things to see:
|Langtang Lirung, Langtang Ri, and many other peaks which are 6000 Meters to 7000 Meters, beautiful jungle walk through the langtang river bank
|Kathmandu to Syabrubensi There is daily local bus, alternatively you can use the private jeep. Using the local bus is quite more stressful for you because they often stop for passenger goes in and out. There will be more people than the seat, you can often see people standing on the bus which is normal. Instead, you can use the Jeep as your wish, quite costly. coming back to Kathmandu from Dhunche also same as Syabrubensi.
|We do have a fixed departure for Langtang Gosainkunda Trek. Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip any time of the year. Even if we don’t have a fixed departure group we can send you individually at the same price. This is very good for you and you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have customized itinerary.
|This is Moderate trek, so this is not so much difficult as Everest base camp or another challenging trek of Nepal. Moderate trek means walking 5-6 hours up to the elevation below 5,000 meters. In this type of trek, you don’t need to climb technical so much but sometimes a little bit hard effort is needed.
Langtang Gosaikunda trek cost
Langtang Gosaikunda trek cost/price is 295$, 640$ and 800$ for Bronze, Silver and Gold schemes. The lowest cost of the schemes is the guide service and permit arrangements (Bronze) whereas the Highest cost (Gold) is an inclusive full-board trekking plan. The gold schemes come with Private jeep transport with everything including. The cost differs as per the transport you use. If you the private transport then the cost is higher but it is more convenient whereas public transport is cheap but less convenient. We have various prices for the number of tourists too. We do offer a discount depending on the size of the groups as well.
No of people
Silver Price P.P
|1 – 1
|2 – 3
|4 – 6
|7 – 9
|10 – 12
Bronze Price 295$
Silver Price 655$
Gold Price 855$
IncludesGuide, Porter, Permits, Public Transportations and Government service charge
ExcludesFood and Accomodations, Drinks, Tea, Coffee, Drinking water, Desert and all others which not in Includes above
IncludesGuide, Porter, Permits, Transportations by local bus , Food and Accomodations and Government service charge
ExcludesAlchoholic Drinks, Tea, Coffee, Drinking water, Desert and all others which not in Includes above
IncludesGuide, Porter, Permits, Private Transportations, Food and Accomodations, Tea, Coffee, and Government service charge
ExcludesAlchoholic Drinks, Drinking water, Desert and all others which not in Includes above
Langtang Gosaikunda trek cost for Nepali
Langtang trek cost for Nepali would be around NPR 20000 per person for 7 days including the Transport and food and accommodations. This is the average cost but this can be higher if you take the western food and drinks the alcohol during the trek otherwise With this cost, your both-way transportation, food and accommodations for the trek can be covered. If you drink Alcohol then it cost you more. If you are trekking in groups then it is more cheaper and convenient for you because you can also hire a jeep to go to Syabrubesi and out from Dhunche.
Langtang gosaikunda trek preparation
You should not do very tough work to prepare yourself to do this trek. Langtang gosaikunda trek preparation is easy because, this is moderate trek, If you want to do this, it is always good to get some primary information prior to your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
At the first step of your trek preparation, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay on the city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
It is always very good to get the Pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you, for your successful and memorable trek in Nepal
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, Moderate trek are kind of trek which walks below than 5000 Meter without any technical climbing or high passes. If you want to know more about this please go through
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern of high land trekkers specially who is going to trek in mountain. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care, when they are affected. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Read more for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list For Langtang Gosainkunda trek you should have a good gear list, that helps you a lot. The gears are always very important for the success of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in the shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
langtang Gosainkunda trek map
Are you willing to buy the Langtang Gosainkunda trek map. There are different types of map in the market, and available everywhere. When you are buying the map please buy the Langtang trek map. This includes all trekking route of Langtang including the one you are trying to do.
If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there are Himalayan Map publisher, the Nepal map house publisher. You can buy it from there choosing either big scale with details map which cost is more than a normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek is in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advise you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in a pocket. We will give you a map as a complimentary service.
Langtang gosaikunda trek itinerary
This is normal Langtang gosaikunda trek itinerary, we can re create, modify and re-make itinerary as per your time and wish. please contact us for that
|Arrival in Kathmandu
|Travel to Syabrubensi
|Trek to Lamahotel
|Lamahotel to Langtang Village
|6 – 7 hr
|Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa
|Kyanjin Ri (4350m) or Tserko Ri (5,000m)
|Return back to Lamahotel
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Local bus transportaions both way
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Langtang National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
langtang gosaikunda trek FAQ
Most of the trekkers get’s many question on their mind before they start trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our langtang gosaikunda trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Which is the best time to langtang gosaikunda trek?
There are 2 best season to trek in Nepal.The first best season of trek here is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice and clear. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
langtang gosaikunda trek how many days?
Here, we have made 14 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 11 Nights in Trek, you can make this trip longer, if you wish to do it.
What kind of accommodation in langtang gosaikunda trek?
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Is there wifi on langtang gosaikunda trek?
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
Is there enough accommodation on Langtang Gosainkunda trek?
When there is main season the room might get packed often, and you need to adjust with this. Room sharing is common. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
What is the drinking water condition on trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
What is the maximum elevation of langtang gosaikunda trek?
If you make the accent to Kyanjin Ri (4773m) or Tserko Ri (5,000m). This is the maximum elevation that you will attempt. Other places are below than this.
what permit is for langtang gosaikunda trek?
Langtang National Park permit and Trekkers information management system permit (TIMS) are required to trek here in Langtang.
Can I do trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Read Our Review
Why Nepal Trek Hub
Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
Team of local expert guides, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
Pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
Guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
Care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Sensative about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
Nepal Trek Hub has a 90% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page