Annapurna Circuit Trek also Known as Thorong la pass (5416 meter) which is one of the most popular trek for trekkers. Generally this is 14-15 Days trek, However with demands of tourist we can also do it in 10 Days. Please go through Annapurna circuit trek 10 Days
Annapurna circuit trek the world most popular and highest trekking trail, welcomes thousand of trekkers across the globe for taste the local culture, see the amazing landscape. Each year, in an average more than 70,000 hikers does Annapurna circuit hike. On this trekking trail, The scenery change dramatically from subtropical forests to cone forest. Down in the valley you would see the paddy fields where in the highland you would see the apple farm and buckwheat field.
Around Annapurna circuit trek has a opportunity to see World’s deepest river gorge to ice flows, a high mountain pass, arid cliffs, and Ariel mountain vistas.
The road construction and Annapurna circuit trek
Recent years, the road has been building in Annapurna region, This has shifted the trekking trail as well as trekking villages as well. To avoid the road trekkers should go through NATT (New Annapurna Trekking Trail) Trail, Road construction has shortened the trek but, you can avoid this using NATT Trail. For Example there is lalupate trekking trail that start from Besisahar and reach at Tal Village. Original taste of trek remains same, yes of course some-times you need to walk through the Besishar-Manag Road which is normal. After road built a lot of mountain riders ride by cycle in Annapurna circuit trail. Mustang and Manag are the best area of Nepal to do Mountain Biking.
Table of contents
Annapurna Circuit trek highlights
- Trek Duration:Annapurna circuit trek 18 days Upon your arrival to departure to your country, 2 Days in Kathmandu, 1 days in pokhara , 15 Days on Trek
- Max. Altitude of trek: Annapurna circuit trek 5416 Meter
- Trek Grade: Moderate trek Grade
- Annapurna circuit trek best time:It is very important consideration that you should do before you start your trek, time in Nepal is really matters on your adventure here in Annapurna circuit trek. Look Below what the temperature, scenery look like.
- Trek characters: 18 days total time is required, 2 night’s Hotels in Kathmandu, 1 Nights in Pokhara with Bed and breakfast plan, 15 days tea house base trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek is included.
- Annapurna circuit trek fixed departureNepal Trek Hub can organize this trek any day of the year. If you want to to it personalize your trip, you are most welcome. We can organize your private trip on your own style and time
- Equipment hire: Nepal Trek Hub offer you a complete list of equipment after you book the trek, If you have not complete gear/equipment or could not manage due to time we are here to help you. You can get gear in Kathmandu, buy ro rental both are possible
- Rucksack/Duffle bag: Your luggage/stuff during your trek will be carried by your porter, if you wish not to take porter or you can also carry yourself. You should manage duffel or rucksack before you come here, if you don’t have we can provide you some
- Transportation: From Kathmandu to Besisahar you go on local bus, from there to onward it is your wish, we will bring you until Ngadi. After you pass thorong la you will again take the local bus to Tatopani. From Nayapool you take the taxi or private veichle to finish your trek. From pokhara to Kathmandu you will have a tourist bus service.
This is 18 Days Annapurna circuit trek, As per your needs Annapurna circuit trek is totally customize-able. We can make it from 10 Days to onward please feel free to customize your trip
Mid September to End of November This is very best time to Trek here in Annapurna circuit. The weather on this time is generally the best weather of a year. Most of the days are sunny. It is main season you will see many tourist a long the route. This is also a festival time in Nepal, Down in a valley you would see people they celebrate a festival. In Nepal this month are also known as a neither cool nor hot month
March, April and May This month are consider as a second best season to trek in Nepal. This is before summer time so it is very hot and humid in the down valley and southern part of Nepal. But it does not impact you because you would go to Mountain
June, July, August and September This is month are also known as a rainy season in Nepal. It rains a lot, the sky is cloudy, very less chance to see the mountain. Leeches, flood and landslides are common in this month. This is not good time to do Annapurna circuit trek.
January and December: This months, generally it’s cold months of year. Most of the tourist doesn’t do any adventure activities. Doing trek on this month is very difficult because of the cold environment snowfall rainfall and sometimes hell-storm as well. The sky is cloudy So you cannot see the beautiful view.
Annapurna circuit trek Preparation
It is very difficult for hikers how to prepare while you work in your country and don’t have time to manage the things, Here is the things which might reduce your your worries about Annapurna circuit trek
Step-1: Make sure that how many days you want to spent in Nepal
The first step, you should calculate your time, how many days you are going to trek and How many days you will spend your time on city. This allows you proper planning, such as your itinerary and sight trips like Tilicho lake and Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek also. If you have a sufficient time you can do both of this while you do Annapurna circuit trek.
Step-2: Choose the best flight to Kathmandu
Choosing the best flight is another challenge for the hikers, specially when there is short vacation, you can choose the anyone which suits you very well, for example people from the Europe love Turkish Airlines
Step-3: Know more about trekking
It is very important to take the Information before you start, here is some information which might be very important for you.
- If you are going to trek then you must calculate yourself weather you will be able to do such a big hike or not, you need to know about the trek grade, distance, how much walk should you walk in a day, how much up and down. This is Moderate grade trek. Know about the grade of trek
- Get Some Information About altitude mountain sickness, It is very good idea to collect more information about altitude mountain sickness before you go. In mountain there is no internet, so get some information of
- If you are wondering to get the visa of Nepal, then you can either get in your country or even in Nepal Airport. Here is information about
- For Trek you need to bring the enough gear, Without Proper gear you can not do the trek comfortably, or the equipment you bring are unnecessary, then it is only carrying things to you so get the proper equipment from here.
Annapurna circuit trek map
There are many types of maps of Annapurna circuit which you find in market. These map are publish by different publisher, It is also differs as per publisher. If you buy the map in Kathmandu, there are many publisher map you can find, literally Nepal Map House, Himalayan Map house are two very popular map in Nepal. If you want to get the big scale map it is little costly than normal. you can choose as per your wish but make sure that proper information in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advice you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in pocket. You can get Annapurna circuit trek map free from us after you book the trip with us. We provide you when you arrive here in Nepal on your trip preparation day.
Annapurna base camp trek itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
We welcome you from the airport then bring you to the hotel and brief about the trek program as well as we also help you to hire the equipment rental.
- Day 02: Drive to Besisahar by bus and again drive to Ngadi
Early in the morning Around 6:30, Nepal Trek Hub guide will take you to the Bus park from hotel. You take the Local Bus to Besisahar, 7-8 Hours journey by bus afterwards we take the local bus to Ngadi and stay overnight here.
- Day 03: Nagdi to Chamje
As our trek begins today it is quite hot to walk in lowland, the rice fields and forest we pass to reach the Bahundanda, Then the trail descend down to Syaange. We do lunch Here. From here to Chamje it takes about 2 hours to reach.
Nagdi Elevation:800 Meter Chamje Elevation: 1400 Meter Elevation Gain: 600 meters Approx Distance Travel:15-18 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/Deccent Time6-7 Hours
- Day 04: Chamje to Dharapani
Our day starts with the descend down to the river, crossing the bride we walk the bank of the Marshyandri river, then the trail climb rocky mountain following the Marsyandi Rivers steadily uphill to Tal at 1675 meter, Tal is the first village of the Manang district. This is very nice village to do lunch. Now the trail becomes more easy because of the road the road keeps continue up to Karche after after Tal village. from here you cross the bridge then continuously following the crossing river you reach to Dharapani
Chamje Elevation: 1400 Meter Dharapani Elevation:1900 Meter Elevation Gain: 500 meters Approx Distance Travel:12-15 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 05: Dharapani to Chame village
This is Junction of two trekking trail. Manaslu and Annapurna trail joines here. We need to walk with Road until Bagarchap. Here in this village people are construction meaning hydropower project. some farmer have fishing pond as well. We climb with trekking trail to Timanag. this is of mount manaslu and many other peaks. The trekking trail becomes more easier and reach to chame.
Dharapani Elevation:1900 Meter Chame village Elevation: 2630 Meter Elevation loss: 700 Meters Approx Distance Travel:15 -18 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/decent both Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 06: Chame to Pisang village
Early In the morning, you can see the view of Lamjung Himal from Chame. After breakfast the trail is with road until the Dukurpokhari 3-4 Hours walk. You do lunch here. You can go to either lower pisang or upper Pisang from here. Overnight at Lower Pisang
Chame Elevation: 2630 Meter Pisang village :3300 Meter Elevation loss: 670 meters Approx Distance Travel:15 KM – 16 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/straight Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 07: Lower Pisang to Manang
First of all you cross the Marsyandi River. Then there is a small road to Gyaru. We keep walking until there is river appears. On the way you can see a small but very beautiful lake. Now you need to climb very steep which might take 1.30 hours. Here is a small viewpoint from here people can see Annapurna iii, Annapurna ii, Annapurna iv, Gangapurna and tilicho lake. Local are waiting the trekkers to sell there bread and tea. The trail is now easier as it goes all the way forest to Ngwal. You do lunch here then descend down to valley you will reach braga and manag afterwards.
Lower Pisang:3300 Meter Manag Elevation: 3540 Meter Elevation Gain: 240 meters Approx Distance Travel:18 KM – 22 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent/ decent Time 7-8 Hours
- Day 08: Acclimatization day at Manang Village
This is our acclimatization day. You have many option to hike here to keep your body acclimatize, some hikers hike to Gangapurna Lake and onward and some hike to Ice Lake. You can choose one of this depending on your wish.
- Day 09:Manag to Yak Kharka
As you check the permit here the Trek goes through cultivated land of Tanki Manang. A beautiful view of Tilicho Peak can be seen from here. you make the climb steadily through Tenki Manang to Gunsang, leaving the Marsyandi Valley. The trail climbs an ascent of nearly 500 meter to the Yak Kharka. It is located at 4050 Meter.
Manag Elevation:3550 Meter Yak Kharka Elevation: 4050 Meter Elevation gain: 500 meters Approx Distance Travel:12 KM-15 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 5-6 Hours
- Day 10:Yak Kharka to Thorong high Camp
Today you start your hiking from yak Kharka. A yak pasture the trail gently climb onwards to Thorong Phedi 4450 Meter. There are some area where you need to be very be careful because of stone fall. You can lunch here or can have a couple of cup tea and coffee to strengthen your stamina. Now the trail is very steep and full of moraine, continually hiking 1.30 Hour you can reach at Throng High Camp.
Yak Kharka: 4050 Meter Thorong high Camp :4850 Meter Elevation gain: 800 Meter Distance Travel:12 KM – 15 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 11: Thorong High camp to Muktinath (Thorong la pass day)
The most challenging day of trek is today. Generally trekkers start their trek early around 4:00 clock to 5:00 o clock. The early you start the better for you. As you already on very high land it is quite harder for you to gear up. As you use to it, it would be quite easier to you. On the way to thorong is not so steep . the trail climbs slowly but gradually up. On the way to thorong la pass you can also take the tea and coffee on shop. It is generally 3 Hours climb to Thorong la pass. As you arrived to thorong la pass, it is windy and cold here. You can see the mountain of the mustang side. The trail is now to go down. All the way down to Muktinath. Overnight at Muktinath
Thorong High Camp: 4850 Meter Muktinath :3800 Meter Elevation gain/loss: 550 meters/ 1600 Meter Distance Travel:22 KM – 25 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent and decent Time 8-9Hours
- Day 12:Muktinath to Tatopani (1,190m/3,891 ft), 7 hrs
As you finish the walk , today you will take the local bus to tatopani. The bus stop often for local people to come in and go down. You can see the village like Jomsom. Syang,Marpha, Kalopani, Kobang, Ghasa, Dana and finally to Tatopani. It is quite adventure driving because of local bus. After you arrive to tatopani you can enjoy the hot spring here.
- Day 13:Tatopani to Ghorepani
Leaving the tatopani , then climbing to durbin daanda is another unique experience you feel today, as you walk down valley it is quite hot and humid. The view of green village is awesome, you would see rice field and different types of fruit in the village, this is pretty nice to walk you would crosses Sikha, Ghara, Citre and then finally to Ghorepani.
Tatopani Elevation: 1190 Meter Ghorepani Elevation: 2875 Meter Elevation gain: 1300 Meter Distance Travel:18 KM – 21 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 7-8 Hours
- Day 14:Hike to Poon hill then trek to Tadapani
Early morning today you will trek to Poon Hill 3210 meter to see the splendid view of Mt. Annapurna range, this is one of the best view point of Nepal of mountain panorama. As you come down to Ghorepani you would do breakfast then trek to Deurali and finally to Tdapani. Tadapani is a beautiful place to see the Annapurna south as well as fishtail. Overnight at Tadapani
Ghorepani Elevation: 2875 Meter Tadapani Elevation: 2675 Meter Elevation loss: 200 Meter Distance Travel:15-18 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent/decent Time 7-8 Hours
- Day 15:Tadapani to Ghandruk (1,940m/6,363 ft), 5 Hours
The easiest day in entire trek, this is the easy walk to Ghandruk. 3 hours through the rhododendron forest to Ghandruk. You stay overnight here.
- Day 16:Ghandruk to Pokhara
From Ghanruk you will trek down to Nayapool then take the taxi to Pokhara.
- Day 17:Drive to Kathmandu
Morning we’ll drive back through the scenic countryside and during the route will stop for breakfast andlunch. It takes 7 hours back to Kathmandu. On arrival at Kathmandu guide will transfer to the hotel and rest of the day relax or explore the surrounding areas and overnight at hotel.
- Day 18:Departure from Kathmandu
Annapurna circuit trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- One Night Hotel in Pokhara
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Annapurna conservation Area Project Permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Frequently asked question Regarding Annapurna circuit trek
Here we have noticed some question from the trekkers before they go to Trek, We have put some answer here, if this does not satisfy your answer please do question us
Which is the Annapurna circuit trek best time?
October, November and March, April is the best time to trek here on Annapurna circuit, However May, September and December till 15 You can do, if you are lucky enough, you can see the good view of Annapurna Himalayan Range
How long walk per day and how difficult is walk on Annapurna circuit trek
You are required to walk 6-7 Hours per day, It is easy walk however there is not so much stairs that makes annoy to you while you walk. We have so much stairs on the Annapurna base camp trekking trail
What kind of accommodation is available in Annapurna circuit trek
There are normal tea houses, the Himalayan houses has used wood alot for insulation, which is warm, the bed are quite comfortable because they have a foam mattress. For Bathroom you will have a shared bathroom and toilet also shared.
Is there WIFI on Annapurna circuit trek
Now most of the Tea houses they have a WIFI, The wifi works not that fast but you can stay on touch with your friend and family.
Is there Hot Shower Available on Annapurna circuit trek?
Yes, The house organize you hot shower, most of the place they have a gas Shower, which they charge you per person, per time each time you take the shower.
Are there rescue service if there is something happened?
Yes, We do emergency rescue as per your wish and needs, if it is not that bad then we do not rescue.
Are there sufficient hotels on Annapurna circuit trek?
Yes, There are many hotels and tea houses, but in high camp there is one and only guest houses.
Is there water we can buy on Annapurna circuit trek?
Yes, Certainly there is mineral water you can purchase from anywhere, along the trail but we request you to use the your own water purification system, It helps to reduce the number of plastic bottle in environment. Statistics tell there is 2.3 million water bottle that the trekkers consume in Annapurna circuit per year. be responsible to environment.
Is there hospital or health check post on Annapurna circuit trek?
Yes, In Manag there is Himalayan Rescue Association where, you can check up with Doctor
Submit your review
Annapurna circuit Facts
- Duration:18 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsFull Board on trek
- Eltitude5416M ie 17770ft
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transport:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Local Bus
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you’ll love this trip?
This is one of the short and easy trek in Annapurna Region which gives you opportunity to see the best scenery
Big, Beautiful and peaceful Fewa Lake of Pokhara which is one of the biggest lake in Nepal. Tal barahi temple is located in the middle of the lake Phewa, you can go there by boating
If you are lucky enough, you can see Grey Langur Monkeys, Himalayan blue ship as you pass through the big rhododendron forest
Perfect view of Mt Fishtail (6997 meter) , Annapurna I(8091 meter), Annapurna ii (7995 meter) , Tent Peak(5,663 meter), Annapurna Frank, Gandrava Chuli, Hinchuli Peak and many other peaks
You can see many waterfalls and deep gorge of Modi river, Beautiful terraces, Gurung and Magar people culture and their warm hospitality