Everest base camp trek 12 Days is very popular and demanding trek of Nepal. This is also known as a challenging trek due to altitude as well as trail difficulties. Not only the Best view of Mt.Everest, you can see the khumu glaciers, Amazing Sherpa people their culture traditions and Buddhist Religion. Generally the temperature in Everest base camp is -5 Mostly. As you are staying in hotel, you have a quite warm room. This is our 14 Days Everest base camp trek, Which can be customize as well. Get the best deals by discussing with us on your Tailor made plan customize trip
Everest base camp trek 12 days is most thrilling experience which follows the Mt. Everest submitter footsteps. The tallest peak of the world lies in The World Heritage Sites Sagarmatha National Park, trek to its base camp is a unforgettable memory of lifetime. A challenging hike welcomes you to explore its marvelous nature beauty, amazing landscape and high Himalayas.
Table of contents
Everest base camp Trek 12 days highlights
- Everest base camp trek duration:This is 11 Nights/12 Days trek, upon your arrival and to departure to your country, 2 more nights hotel in Kathmandu. So this is 13 Nights / 14 Days trek
- Everest base camp trek Max. Altitude: Kalapatthar 5545 Meter
- Trek Grade: Challenging
- Best time to Everest base campThis is depends on which month you want to trek here. Most of the trekkers can not effort time and time again so you must make a right decision to do it on right time. It is always good to know in which moth the weather becomes what. Here is the short information of best time to Everest base camp trek Nepal
- Trek characters: 14 days time frame is needed for this trek. You will spend 2 Nights in Kathmandu and 11 Nights in Trek. All in together you will do 14 Days Everest base camp trek. 1 Days to come and 1 Days to go is also included here in 14 Days.
- everest base camp trek fixed departureNepal Trek Hub can offer you This trek any time of the year you want. You need to see which time is better for you. We can easily make your own plan on your dates and wish. we can specially tailor your holiday to make it lifetime memorable. We are waiting you to offer best holiday in Himalaya
- everest base camp trek gear list/ Equipment: Nepal Trek Hub Pvt.Ltd offer you a everest base camp trek gear list after you book the trek, If you have not complete gear/equipment or could not manage due to time we are here to help you. You can get gear in Kathmandu, buy or rental both are possible
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: To put and carry your daily stuff while you are on trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you. This is carried by our porter. if you have rain cover this would be very awesome to protect it from rain and dust.
- Transportation: Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu there will be a domestic flight for you. Some times the flight also flies from Ramechap because of airport problem. if that the airlines bring you there on Ramechap. Airport transfer we will do for you.
Everest base camp trek 14 days is for the trekkers who want’s to explore the highest Himalayan range of the earth. This is a Challenging trek of Nepal, where you have to walk 6-7 hours accent, and the walk until 5545 Meter. This allows you to explore the all the things around the Everest base camp trek area. You can see the local sherpa people and their culture and vivid range of Nature beauty as well as very diversified landscape.
Below we have kept Everest base camp trek 14 days itinerary, this can be modify as per your time and interest, if you have more days we can extend trek, Reducing the trek maximize the chance of Altitude Mountain Sickness. If you have short time you can do the Everest panorama trek as well. This will alow you to see the Everest Himalayan range.
September 15 to November 30 This is a best trekking season in Nepal High Himalayas. People also calls it post monsoon time, weather is very pleasant, sunny not too hot, not too cold. The mountain are very visible, with long range you can see very far because that time visibility are very good. This is a main tourist season in Nepal, Adventure tourism such as trek and mountaineering main season. This time the landscape is very colorful, Because you can see green everywhere, the trails are very good and will not be muddy and flood.
March 1st to May 30 This is second best time of year to to trek here in Everest. Generally this time the weather is very good. But due to summer days, the weather in down in the valley is really hot. In mountain region the Flowers like rhododendron, magnolia and other kind of small flowers blossom. If you wish to go Everest base camp trek, this is very good time
June, July, August and September 15 This is a monsoon season in Nepal. Monsoon basically starts from mid of the June till September. We recommend you to not to do trek this time, you can not see the good view and also there will be problem of leeches and floods
January and December: This is a winter season in Nepal. winter season is also consider as a snowy season of Nepal. High Himalaya get’s snow so the weather might be cloudy so you need to bear all the risk of snowfall and bad weather. We advise you to do your plan for not this season
Everest base camp trek preparation
This is a challenging trek, you need to some planning before you come to Nepal. There are many things which can be very vital for the successful of trip. In this phase you may need to brainstorm what do i need to prepare? What information should i need to obtain? what should precaution do i need to keep on my mine. You can get all answer reading this stuff. if not please give us a
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
At the the first stage of your trek preparation, you need to calculate your your time, how many days trek you can do as per your holiday? how many days in Kathmandu. This makes easier of planning of itinerary, extension of trek in mountain, do more day acclimatization or more time spent in Mountain.
Step-2: Know more about Everest Trekking
It is always very good to get the pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub has some information which might be very important for you.
- This is challenging type of trek, you need to know more about your trek grade that you are going to do in Nepal, get some information regarding
- In Mountain Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern of many trekkers. It can even kills the people if people doesn’t care. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Before it get’s worst you should be caution. Get More Information About altitude mountain sickness, This Trek has a a lot of chances of Altitude mountain sickness. Read about the for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get visa. If your city does have a Nepal embassy would be very easier for you. if not you can get here in Nepal as well. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Everest base camp trek requires a good gear list, You need to bring gear to do trek with very happily. The gears plays a very vital role for successful of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Everest base camp trek map
There are so many type of maps in market of Everest Trek. These map are published by different publisher of Nepal. The map is may different as per publisher, Some Everest base camp trek map have many information while other may have less. You can get map in online shopping. If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there are mostly Nepal Map, Himalayan Map. If you want to get the big scale with details map which cost is more than normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek are in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advice you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in pocket. You can get Everest base camp trek map free from us if you book the trip with us. When you arrive in Kathmandu, we give this map on your trek preparation day.
Everest base camp trek 12 days itinerary
- Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu where your adventure starts
We welcome you in the airport, then take you to the hotel and give you a briefing about the trek program. We also help you to hire the equipment rental without any deposit
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla then trek to Phakding
An amazing 40 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (9,186ft), you can enjoy one of the most beautiful Himalayan scenery. When you reach Lukla the your trek begins. You will meet your other trip members helpers who will carry your trekking lugguage. From lukla you start your walk. At first the trails goes gradully descent to Cheplung village and further 2-3 hours you will reach to Phakding
Kathmandu Elevation: 1350 Meter Phakding Elevation :2,610 Meter Elevation gain: 1300 meters Approx Mode of Travel:By Flight/and trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/ decent both Time 5-6 Hours
- Day 03: Trek to Namche
Phakding Elevation: 2,610 Meter Namche Elevation : 3440 Meter Elevation gain: 787 meters Approx Average Distance:10.7 KM -11 KM Trail Accent/decent Accent mostly Time4 Hours
At the beginning of day you will walk through a beautiful pine forest, you will follow the trail north up the valley of Benkar then cross Dudh Koshi River and reach at Monjo, the entrance place to Everest National Park. From there you will cross the long suspension bridge to reach at jorsale, we pass Jorsale village and walk alongside of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. We follow a short walk along the riverbed of this valley where the major river meets each other. Crossing over the Hillary bridge, trek begin steep ascent to Namche Bazar. On the way, we would have excellent views of Everest (8,848m) and Lhotse (8,516m.). Surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges, Namche Bazar (3,440m) is a central hub of the area for food, trekking gears and other necessary goods.
- Day 04: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazzar
You will explore Namche Bazaar today. This let’s you adaptation with the altitude. As you are here, you can explore the with your guide. The guide will bring you to the area where tourist do day hike for the acclimatization. Generally most of the people hike to Everest view hotel, which was launched by the Japanese. This is very best and delightful view point from where you can see view of Everest and Ama Dablam is a perfect place for a tea break. This is very enjoyable for scenery. back to the Namche Bazzar you can explore.
Namche Elevation: 3440 Meter Everest view elevation:4050 Meter Elevation Gain/loss: 500 meters both Approx Distance Travel:4-6 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent then decent Time 3-4 Hours
- Day 05: Trek to Tenngboche
Our trekking path to Tengboche is quite long today. You’ll walk uphill and downhill frequently in flat land. On the way to Syangboche, the trekking trail is straight and wider, from here you can see the amazing view of Ama Dablam, Lhotse and Everest and so many other peaks. After some moments of walk you will reach to Sanasa where you’ll find souvenir shop from the local.
Namche Bazaar Elevation:3440 Meter Tengboche Elevation: 3250 Meter Elevation loss: 200 meters Approx Distance Travel:10 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/decent both Time 5-6 Hours
The trail then goes steeply to Dudh Koshi River Valley where we can see small village of Pungki Thanka. Then following the upstream of dudhkosi river you go to Tengboche.
Sherpa settlement Tengboche is consider as one of the beautiful village of khumbu. Near here Dudh Koshi and Imja Khola Rivers linked. From Tengboche you will see the vista of Ama Dablam. You can see the monastery of tengboche. This is the one of the largest monastery of the Khumbu area.
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche
After morning breakfast you will start your trek which pass through wooded forests of Imja Khola valley. The more you go up the views becomes more impressive. Following the long trail from there, you’ll reach Pangboche village. This is a small village where there are some Mani walls. from here we can reach to Dingboche after walking some moments.
Dingboche Elevation: 4,360 Meters Tengboche Elevation:3250 Meter Elevation gain: 1100 meters Approx Distance Travel:8-9 KM Trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail accent Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 07: Dingboche: Acclimatization
It is our acclimatization day today. As we are here it is certainly a day to hike to a viewpoint and also known as Nagarjuna peak with an elevation of 16,000 feet for better acclimatization. Trekkers can see an outstanding view almost the complete the Khumbu mountains range and Mt Makalu from Nagarjuna peak. This is not a tough hiking but due to high altitude and trail is accent, it takes long time to the summit. You can also trek to Chhukung village, which is is optional side trip, this also offers the view of Ama Dablam, Makalu, Island peak.
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche
You will reach to Lobuche today, First of all you’ll across Thukla after you walk from Dingboche. Thukla is a small settlement, from here the trail slowly climb to Pheriche (4210m). From here the trek route gets a bit harder.
Dingboche Elevation:4,360 Meters Lobuche Elevation:4940 Meter Elevation gain: 700 meters Approx Distance Travel:8 KM-9 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 6-7 Hours
The trekking trails from here goes down to the moraine of the Khumbu Glacier. This is the one of the big glacier of khumbu. crossing the moraine of the glaciers, the view some isolated peaks like Khumbutse, Pumori is visible perfectly. After a some walk, you’ll reach Lobuche. This is a small settlement where the hotels are there for tourist.
- Day 09:Trek to Gorakshep then to Everest base camp and back to Gorakshep
Everest Base Camp is our destination today, we need to start early today. It might take long time as the trail climbs through ice ,crevasses of the Glacier. Due to altitude You might even count your steps. The AMS chance are very high here.
Lobuche Elevation:4940 Meter Gorak Shep Elevation:5,170 Meter Elevation gain: 200 meters Approx Distance Travel:10 KM-11 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 6-7 Hours
Accent and slow walk from Lobuche alongside of the right side of the Khumbu Glacier to Gorakshep. This is elevated at 5181m/16994ft. upon onward from here there is no tea house/lodges.
There is big trail to reaches Everest Base Camp. You can see Khumbu Icefall from here. Depending on weather you need to spent the time on Everest base camp, After base camp you need to go back to Gorakshep for overnight stay
- Day 10:Trek to Kala Patthar then down to pheriche
Group should make an early start to avoid the early morning clouds and fogs to trek Kala Pattar (5545 m). Kala pattar is a best view point of Everest as well as Nuptse. Some people get’s emotional when they are here and might get tear on eyes because of long and tough hike. To go to kalapattar from here, the trail is ascent and quite steep. Pumori can see from here. It might take 2 hour to reach to reach kalapattar. From here you can see Nuptse, Pumori, Changtse, Taweche, Ama Dablam and Mt Everest. From kalapattar Everest base camp is visible at bowl shape.When you back to Gorakshep you will do breakfast then start trek to Pheriche.
Kalapattar Elevation: 5,545 Meter Gorak Shep Elevation :5,170 Meter Elevation gain/loss: 500 Meter up/ 1200 Meter down Distance Travel:17 KM – 18 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent First accent and return decent Time 8-9 Hours
- Day 11: Trek down Namche Bazaar 3,440 Meter
Now your trail always goes decently down through rocky terrain.During the trek route, you would see rhododendron forest. During the trek, you would pass tengboche where there is famous and oldest monastery of this region. You go still descends from Tyangboche to Namche Bazaar (3440 m) on this time you would pass several tiny villages.
- Day 12:Trek to Lukla 2800 Meter
First of all we go steep down. After crossing the suspension bridges over the fast flowing Dudh Koshi and its tributaries, the trail becomes more level and natural. After our arrival in Lukla, we stretch those sore legs and recall the experiences of the last couple of weeks. Overnight in Lukla.
- Day 13:Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 14:Departure
Everest base camp trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Everest national park permits
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- Domestic airport pick up and drop off itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Everest base camp trek costIf you are keen to do Mt. Everest base camp trek, you will be also wondering about how much cost do i need Everest base camp trek cost?
Well, Generally there are following cost which needs for Everest base camp trek
The cost of Everest trek includes the price of flights ticket to lukla-Kathmandu-Lukla, Accommodation in trek and kathmandu, food, gear, travel permits, insurance, cost of hiring a guide and porter as well as drinks expenses.
360$ is the flight cost to Lukla – Kathmandu – Lukla. If you start from Jiri to Everest Base Camp, you will save 1 way flight cost but it takes 7 more days to complete your Everest trek.
50$ is food and accommodation cost for per person per day. Which includes your food and accommodation for the single day.
Likewise, you need to get the two permits while you go to Everest trekking. EBC trek requires Sagarmatha National Park permit costs 33$. Besides that, you also need to get Rural municipality ticket which cost is.
To go to Everest base camp it needs guide as well as porter. The basic salary of guides is 26$ per day which includes his salary as well as other expenses. Same like for the porter is 23$ per day.
Everest base camp trek FAQ
Below we have presence some frequently asked questions of Everest base camp trek, This faq might be helpful to answer your some question, If you still have question regarding Everest base camp trek, let’s us know by email
Which is the best time to trek to Everest base camp
Without any doubts, September mid, October, November are the first best season to trek. The second best season is March – April to trek in Everest. This time you can see the rhododendron flowers in lower land of Himalaya. In this both season the view is spectacular. However you can do also in other time but depends on your luck to see the Himalayas.
How long and difficult to trek Everest base camp
This is strenuous trek of Everest. Trekkers required to walk 6-7 Hours per day in high altitude. the trail is not easy either, which climbs accent gradually but continuously
What kind of accommodation available, Everest base camp trek
There are basic tea houses around the trek route, they provide a various dishes of food and comfortable bed. Sometimes you will be able to find the room with toilet/ bathroom too
Is there WIFI on Everest base camp trek
Most of the tea house in the Everest route has a WIFI Nowadays. You need to purchase the cards to use WIFI. Speed of WIFI are quite slow, but you can still connect with your friends and family
Can I do shower on Trek?
Yes, You can do hot shower paying for shower, They charge you some money.
Is there enough tea house/hotels on EBC Trek
Yes there are enough hotels and tea houses. However in the main season, the hotels get’s packed.
What is the drinking water condition on EBC Trek
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
How many distance we crosses on EBC Trek?
According to various source, and distance measured by mobile apps, it is around 130 KM – 140 KM. If you do more sight trip the distance increases. The distance is measured from lukla
Is there regular flight to Lukla
Yes there are regular flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. Flight company likes yeti air, tara air, sita air do regular flight. The flight start from 6.30 am to 12:00 pm. Sometimes they can even fly from ramechap if there is some traffic jam or any causes they fly from ramechap. On that time airlines transfer you there.
What is the maximum elevation of EBC Trek?
Kalapathar 5,643 meter is the maximum elevation that you need to reach. This is a viewpoint where you hike early in the morning
What permit are required EBC Trek
Sagarmatha National park permit (which you get in the jorsale) and TIMS Card is necessary to go Everest base camp trek
Can i trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Per Person, Minimum 2 Person base:
Read Our Review
Read Our Review on TripAdvisor, We are Ranked 256/1400
Read Our Review on TrustPilot
Read Our Review on Google My Business
Everest base camp Trek Facts
- Duration:14 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Trip Style:Tea House
- RegionEverest Region
- Altitude5,545M/18,192 FT
- Group-Size1-18 Person
Contact us for this trip
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Mountain Sherpa people and their culture
You can Explore the Sherpa culture and Buddhist religion of the Everest region by visiting various monasteries and villages of this region
Amazing and Thrilling mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and from Lukla to Kathmandu
Magnificent views of Mount Everest and many other 8000m-7000m mountains, Khumbu Icefall
Hike to Kala Patthar(5555m), Everest Base Camp(5365m) and Discover the best Himalayan view in 360 deg angle from Syangeboche hill and from Kalapatthar