- Trek Duration12 Days + –
- AccomodationsTea House Trek
- Max Altitude4500 Meters
- Group Size2-18
- Price: 680 or + –
Khopra trek also known as Khopra Ridge trek, Khopra Danda Trek or khayer lake trek is very popular off the beaten path trekking which is in the centre of Annapurna region. Khopra offers views of the Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Nilgiri (7,061m), Bhara Shikhar (7,647m), Annapurna I (8091m), Machhapuchhre (6,997m), and many other peaks which are not written here. Moreover, this is a very nice trek trail for trekkers who have a very short period to trek around 10 days but want to prefer to trek in a quiet place, this one is the best option. Khayer lake 4500 meters (14763 feet) is the main destination that is considered sacred as per the Hindu religion. Located just by leap on the Annapurna range a Khayer lake trek is something challenging trek itself, especially in the last part. The ever-smiling face of local people their cultures and the thick rhododendron forest always keeps you very happy during this trek. March April is the main time for rhododendron flowers.
Nepal trek hub’s Khopra trek 13 days begins from arrival in Kathmandu to departure. By the next morning, you take the Bus to Pokhara, a lake city where you spent a night before your trek. hiring the vehicle next morning to the Nayapool, then you start the Khopra trek via Poon hill trek. A nice viewpoint from where you can see the magnificent view of Annapurna Himalayan Rrange and Dhaulagiri Range. Poon Hill is also known as Mini Annapurna Trek. Trekking to Dobato is an Amazing experience via Deurali. Deurali is a place where two trek separates, one go-to Tadapani another go to Dobato. Mulde peak is one of the best viewpoints of Annapurna. The guesthouse is very from here. As you walk towards Bayeli, very fewer people see on the trek. Bayeli to Shistibang the trail is decent down, with thick forest. You keep going down until Shristinbang. 3 Hours further from here brings you to the Khopra Ridge. When you are here, next mooring, you would see such a Magnificent view very clearly as well as far from there. Going Khayer lake is a day hike from Khopra, you need to bring a packed lunch. Swanta is a next day camp then finally you will do relax in Tatopani
Known as one of the best, a short and easy trek of Nepal Khopra trek . It offers a great Himalayan view from poon hill, Mulde peak, and Khopra of a sunrise view and mountain scenery from where you can see Dhaulagiri (8167m), Tukuche Peak (6800m), Nilgiri (6600m), close view of Annapurna South face (7219m), Hiuchuli (6441m). And extra beautiful gifted by nature God sacred holy Khayar Lake situated at 4500m bottom of Annapurna South. The same view gets even closer to Khopra Danda (3660m) but very close. To get to the final destination people have to hike around 7 hours to Khayer lake and 3 Hours to Back on Khopra Danda.
Trekkers can trek to Annapurna Khopra trek from the month from March to June, and September to November is an exceptionally excellent season because Annapurna Khopra trek weather is perfect.
We offer you the Khopra trek which totaled all aspects of natural scenery, cultural and religious aspects. This is good for the trekkers who seek who are beginners and prefer soft adventure.
Table of contents
Khopra trek highlights
Khopra trek is one of the off the beaten path trek of Nepal, the Khopra ridge trek is a very special trek in Annapurna with following some Khopra Trek highlights
- Scenic drive or flight to the Pokhara with the incredible view of the Annapurna and Manaslu Himalayan Range.
- Enjoy the beautiful evening in the peaceful and marvelous city Pokhara, you can also do boating in Phewa Lake.
- Another stunning drive to Nayapul, from this drive you will see the very perfect mountain scenery of Annapurna and Fishtail in a very near distance.
- Pleasant trekking through the local village that lies on the way to the Ghorepani. You will pass the village-like Nayapul, Sudame, Hile, Tikhedhunga, Ulleri, Banthanti where you can see the pun and Magar people settlements.
- Magnificent Himalayan scenery from the top of the Poon Hill 3210 meters, Mountain Like Mt.Annapurna 8,091 meter, Mt. Dhaulagiri 8,167 Meter), Annapurna South, Nilgiri, Dhampus peak, Tukuche peak, Himchuli, Gurja Himal can be seen very clearly.
- Wild and peaceful trek experience from the Deurali to onwards.
- Stunning view from Mulde peak, you can see the same view as you see from the Poon hill.
- Nice experience being at the top of the Khopra danda on the elevations of 3660 meters. You can see the perfect view of Dhaulagiri Range and Nilgiri Mountains from here and Annapurna south 7,219 Meters is just behind the Khopra Danda.
- Challenging hike to the Khayer lake 4500 Mete. This is a Hindu sacred lake just behind the Annapurna south with the mesmerizing view of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Range.
- Hot Spring in the Bank of the Kali Gandaki River.
Khopra trek facts
Khopra Ridge/Danda Trek
|Duration:||7 days trek, 2 days in Kathmandu|
2 days in Pokhara but this can be up and down as per your time frame
|Max. elevation:||4500 Meter, Khayer lake|
|Start||Naya Pul or Ulleri|
|Best Time||Spring and Autumn Season|
|Permits:||TIMS and ACCAP Permits|
Khopra Ridge Trek and Khopra Ridge community Trek
Khopra Ridge Trek is called Khopra Ridge trek because the trek reaches the top of the Khopra Ridge. It is just the top of the small mountains where you will stay overnight on the top of the ridge. If you look at the Khopra from every side you can just see the ridge of the mountains that is why locals named it Khopra Danda and Khopra ridge trek. Khopra ridge trek is managed by the local community and they run the hotel in the Khopra Danda by joint investment from the community so the benefit directly goes to the community. Not only in the Khopra Danda also in the Shristibang there is a community-managed lodge as well. The Khopra danda trek trails are managed by the local communities. They have been working on the improvements of the trekking trails till now.
Khayer Lake Trek
Khayer Lake is one of the sacred lakes that lies just behind the Annapurna II. Khayer Lake trek is quite challenging which starts from the Khopra ridge hotel. This is a very mesmerizing hike that passes the waterfalls, snow lands, and drylands to reach the Holy Khayer Lake. Most of the trekkers hike to Khayer Lake to see the Himalayan Range and Lake. There is a small temple of the Khayer Barahai on the bank of the Khayer lake. Magar Community and Hindu people go there for pilgrimage activities. At the time of the Janai Purnima, many Hindu devotees come here to get the blessing. The trail passes the brown and barren landscape where you can see shepherds. People also sacrifice the sheep to the Baraha Temple.
Khopra trek best timeKhopra Trek’s best time is in the October and November months which is known as the first best season of the Annapurna sanctuary trek, Then we have the second in March, April, and May which is another second-best season. Rhododendron flowers in the down valley increase the beauty of trek this time. But this is always not possible for everyone. But sometimes even in the offseason, you can see the good view. Only in the month of December due to heavy snowfall, it is very hard.
- Khopra trek fixed departure: We do have a fixed departure for Khora Trek. Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip any time of the year. Even if we don’t have a fixed departure group we can send you individually at the same price. This is very good for you. you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have a customized itinerary.
- Khopra trek equipment list : Normally you need some stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your luggage while you go to Khopra trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, which will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect against rain or dust. Usually, porter don’t have a protective cover for the bag
- Transportation to go Khopra Trek: Kathmandu to Pokhara There will be a tourist bus, Pokhara is a city where you stay a Night. The next day you take the private vehicle to go Nayapool. After you complete your Trek to Tatopani, Then you take either a local bus or Jeep to come back in Pokhara, from Pokhara you will take the tourist bus to Kathmandu.
Khopra trek preparation
Khopra trek is moderate trek, If you want to do this, it is always good to get some primary information prior to your trek. If you don’t know anything about trekking please ask us , we would be glad to answer your question, with fast response.
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
At the first step of your trek preparation, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay in the city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Khopra Trek
It is always very good to get the pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you.
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, you need to know more about your trek grade, get some information regarding
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always a concern who does the trek in the mountain. This can be very dangerous if people don’t care. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impact very badly on the human body. Get More Information About altitude mountain sickness and be careful yourself. This Trek has a lot of chances of Altitude mountain sickness. Read about the for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list This trek requires a good gear list, You need to bring gear to do the trek with very easily. The gears play a very vital role in the success of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes it easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without a deposit in the shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Khopra trek map
Are you wondering about Khopra trek map. We have a dynamic visual google Khopra trek map You may find map everywhere in the market. You may see Khopra trek map or Khayer lake trek map. Don’t get confuse this both are the same one with a different name. Make sure that this map also includes Ghorepani Poon Hill trek and Dhampus as well. Most of the Map has this but to be confirmed.
If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there is a Himalayan Map publisher, the Nepal map house publisher. You can buy it from there choosing either big scale with details map which cost is more than the normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek is in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advise you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in the pocket. We will give you a map as a complimentary service.
Khopra Ridge/danda trek itinerary
Trekkers often tells this trek Khopra ridge/danda because this Khopra trek is to reach on the top of the mountains so here is Khopra Ridge/danda trek outline itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Drive to Pokhara||800 Meter||8-9 Hours|
|3||Drive to Nayapool, trek to Ulleri||3420 m||5 – 6 hr|
|4||Ulleri to Ghorepani||2975 M||4 – 5 hr|
|5||Ghorepani to Dobato||3350 M||6-7 hr|
|6||Dobato to Khopra danda||3660 M||6-7 hr|
|7||Trek to Khayer Lake||4500 M||10-11 hr|
|8||Khopra to Swanta||2200 m||6-7 hr|
|9||Swanta to Tatopani||1190 m||6-7 hr|
|10||Drive to Pokhara||800 m||6-7 hr|
|11||Kathmandu drive||1350 m||7-8 hr|
Khopra Ridge/danda trek itinerary in details
- Day 01: Welcome and transfer to the hotel
Pick up you from airport, then you will be taken in to your hotel. After while we talk about trek and do trek preparation.
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara 7-8 hours
You will be taken from your hotel to Tourist Bus Park then together, you and your guide drive to Pokhara together, you will be able to see the countryside view while you are driving to Pokhara. Evening you can walk around the city with your guide or can ride a boat as well.
- Day 03: Pokhara to Ulleri, 2070 Meter, 6-7 Hours
We take the private vehicle from Pokhara to reach the trekking starting point, During the drive, you may see beautiful Annapurna range, Fishtail and Annapurna II. You can also see how locals do their traditional farming while driving, it takes 1.30 hours to 2 hours to reach Nayapool. From here you start the trek. The permit checking office will check your permit in Birethanti, You will trek through the bank of the small river until you reach Tikhedunga then climb 2 hours to reach ulleri, Overnight stay here.
- Day 04: Ulleri to Ghorepani 2875 Meter, 6-7 Hours
Beautiful day start from climbing of ulleri stairs to Banthanti. From Banthanti the trail goes through inside the forest, the stairs are very less until we climb to Nangethanti. Nangethati is a lunch place where we do lunch, a place located inside the forest is relaxing. After lunch we need to walk 1 hour further to reach Ghorepani
when you arrive to ghorepani, If the weather is good then you can see Mt.Dhulagiri, Mt.nilgiri, Annapurna South and many mountains.
- Day 05: Ghorepani to Dobato 3350 Meter, 7-8 Hours
Early in the morning, we go to see the sunrise over the mountain from Poon Hill 3210 Meter. when you back to Ghorepani, you will do breakfast. Heaving breakfast you start your trek. Today trek is fantastic cause you to walk through the ridge of the hill until deurali, you can taste the local cheese of this place
Now the trail separates, as there are two trails one is to go Tadapani and another one is to go Dobato with forest. following the second trail, you continue the trek up to Dobato. Amazing landscape is on the way here.
- Day 06: Khopra Danda 3660 Meter, 7-8 Hours
It is an exciting day today. Early in the morning, you wake up and go to see the view from Mulde View point, This is the best viewpoint even better than Poon hill. After heaving a breakfast you trek through the beautiful forest today, you pass several pastures and arrive the Shrsitibang where you do lunch. Heaving lunch you carry on the trek to Khopra Danda, which takes 2.30 hours from here.
- Day 07: Khayer lake 4500 Meter, 10-11 Hours
Early in the morning, you begin trekking from around six in the morning towards the Khayer Lake from where we attain excellent views of the Fang and surrounding mountains. Trek through the ridge, you would see both sides of the mountain. Khayer Lake is Considered to be a sacred lake by the Hindus, and it is believed that bathing in the lake will help attain Nirvana. As Hinduism and Buddhism are interrelated, you can even see a number of Hindu and Buddhist shrines on the lakeside.
- Day 08: Trek to swanta 2200 Meter, 5-6 Hours
Today hike is very amazing with thick forest to decent down to Swanta. The forest is full of rhododendron, oak, pine and other alpine trees. This walk is very pleasurable. Overnight at Swanta.
- Day 09: Tatopani from Swanta 1190 Meter, 7-8 Hours
You Trek down to Tatopani and rest there, There is natural hot-spring, where you can take a bath. Enjoy the evening here.
- Day 10: Tatopani to Pokhara
You can take bus or Jeep to go Pokhara from here. Until beni it is a bumpy road. Beni to Pokhara the road is good.
- Day 11: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Day 12: Your departure day
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 4 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- ACCAP Permits
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- Domestic airport pick up and drop off itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Khopra trek FAQ
Most of the trekkers get’s many question on their mind before they start trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our Khopra trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Which is the best time to Khopra trek?
Certainly We have two best season. The first best season of trek here is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice and clear. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Khopra trek how many days?
Here, we have made 12 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 2 Nights in Pokhara, 7 Nights/8 Days in Trek, you can shortened this trek by 2-3 Nights by Talking the Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara
What kind of accommodation in Khopra trek?
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Is there wifi on Khopra trek?
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
Is there enough hotels Khopra trek?
When there is main season the room might get packed and you need to adjust. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
What is the drinking water condition on trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
What is the maximum elevation of Khopra/khayer trek?
The maximum elevation you will take is just 4500 meter at Khayer Lake.
what permit is for Khayer Lake trek?
Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit and Trekkers Information management system permit (TIMS) Card is required for the trek
Can I do trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Read Our Review
Khopra trek facts
- Duration:12 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height4500 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:bus, car
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
Team of local expert guides, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
Pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
Guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
Care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Sensative about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
Nepal Trek Hub has a 90% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Why you like this?
Nice drive to Pokhara, you can see the country side view as well as Rafting in Trisuli River Rafting
pleasurable Pokhara city, phewa Lake and Annapurna Himalayan Range
It is New trekking trail of Nepal, Mix Nepali local cultures, down in the valley you see Brahamin and up in the mountain Buddhist cultures and traditions. People are so friendly in this route
Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Dhaulagiri 8167M, Mt Annapurna 8091M, Annapurna south 7219M, Fishtail(Holy Mountain 7,000M) and many other peaks can be seen within a very short distance
The highest point the Trek is just 4,500M at Khayer lake, but that is day hike, the maximum height that trekker have to sleep is 3,660M.