Overview of the Mulde Peak Trek
Mulde Peak/hill trek 3637 Meters is probably one of the best viewpoints of the Annapurna range and Dhulagiri range together. Just Like Poon Hill it offers the stunning view of the Himalayas more than Poon Hill. Due to being well known among the trekkers Poon hill is very much popular among the hikers so it is very much touristic. For those of you who are looking for the best hiking route which is less touristy than you can choose it. The Mulde peak hiking offers one of the unique and spectacular scenery of Annapurna. Hikers can see Annapurna South 7219 Meters, Annapurna 8,091 Meters, Dhaulagiri 8,167 Meters, Mt Fishtail 6,993 Meters and many other peaks. The trail is unique and full of the rhododendron forests totally. Villages like Ghandruk, Tadapani are the major villages which are settlements of the Gurung People.
Why Mulde peak trek/hiking?
Mulde Peak trekking is best for the mountain scenery and the perfect alternatives of the crowded Poon Hill. Standing on the height of 3637 Meters offers the stunning views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range at the same time. The Mulde view point is just a 30 minutes hike from Dobato where there are some animal herds too. Mulde view point lies in the middle so the hikers can do the Khopra Trek, Hidden Lake trek and return to the Ghandruk and complete the hike too. Various options are available for the inclusion of the Mulde peak hike. Due to the road expansion till the Ghandruk and Banthanti the mulde peak hiking may be the best trekking viewpoints to see the Himalayas. Nepal Trek hub can make your customize trekking plan for the mulde peak.
Table of contents
Mulde Peak trek highlights
- Driving/flight to the beautiful city Pokhara from kathmandu, trekkers can see the countryside landscapes plus beautiful annapurna and manaslu range.
- Spectacular view of Annapurna range while driving to Ghandruk from Pokhara
- Trek through the rhododendron forest till the Isharu from Ghandruk, you will see the beautiful Annapurna south, Fishtail, Him Chuli and many other mountains
- Local Gurung village, their cultures, traditions and lifestyles.
- Stunning sunrise view from Mulde peak of All peak two 8,000 Meter tall mountains (Mt.Annapurna 8,091 meter, Mt. Dhualagiri 8,167 Meter), Annapurna south, Nilgiri, Dhampus peak, Tukuche peak, himchuli, Gurja himal and the most delighted and holy mountain Mt. Fishtail.
Mulde Peak trek best time/ season
Mulde peak trek experince depends on the season you go and there are two best seasons in Nepal. The other 2 seasons are also good but the experience might be different. You can not enjoy the trek in those two seasons: Winter and Monsoon season.
Spring season (March, April and May)
Weather is perfect with sunshine, the temperatures are quite cold but in the down valley, the temperatures are quite high. There is very less chance of raining and snowfall. The trekking experience was very good this time.
Autumn season (September, October and November)
Weather is very best and very sunny. The temperatures in Kathmandu and other cities are very good. There is no chance of the rainfall but in some cases, it might rain as well. The visibility is very good so the trekking experience is very good this season.
Winter season (December, January and February)
The temperatures are cold, the visibility is not that good. Sky get cloudy and hazy. Mountains get most of the time snow falls and trekking experience is not that good, However, you can still do this trek. bUt we can not guarantee the weather.
Monsoon season (June , July and August)
The rainy season in Nepal, the clouds are very normal and there is also a chance of floods and landslides during this time in Nepal. The leeches problem is very normal, you don’t see the good view on this time. But there is a 40% chance you can see the mountains.
Mulde Peak trek itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Drive to Pokhara||800 Meters||8-9 Hrs|
|3||Drive to Ghandruk and Trek to Tadapani||2700 M||7-8 Hrs|
|4||Trek to Dobato||3440 M||6-7 Hrs|
|5||Hike to Mulde Peak|
Trek down to Komrong danda 2100 Meters
|1600 M||6-7 Hrs|
|6||Trek to Ghandruk then drive to Pokhara||800 M||6-7 Hrs|
|7||Kathmandu||1350 M||7-8 Hrs|
Mulde Peak with Khopra Trek Itinerary
Mulde peak lies on the trekking trails of the one of the least known trek of Nepal, That is Khopra Trek. Trekkers can go to Mulde peak when they are trekking to Khopra ridge trek also knwn as khopra Trek
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Drive to Pokhara||800 Meter||8-9 HRS|
|3||Drive to Ghandruk, trek to Tadapani(Trekking Starts)||2760 Meters||5 – 6 HRS|
|4||Trek to Dobato||3420 Meters||6 – 7 HRS|
|5||Hike to Mulde peak early in the morning|
Trek to khopra Danda from Dobato
|3360 Meters||6-7 HRS|
|6||Khayer Lake Trek then back to Khopra Danda||4500 M||10-11 HRS|
|7||Swanta Village Trek||2200 Meters||4-5 HRS|
|8||Ghorepani Trek||2860 Meters||6-7 HRS|
|9||Ghorepani to Ulleri then drive to Pokhara||800 Meters||6-7 HRS|
|11||Kathmandu drive||1350 m||7-8 hr|
Mulde Peak trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days, attached bathroom if it is possible
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Annapurna conservation Area Project Permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Mulde Peak trek faq
We have gathered some common questions that often hikers ask before they make the Mulde Peak trek. If this question does not meet the query then, please let us know so we can give you answers to all of your questions.
Which is the best time for Mulde Peak Trek?
Spring(March, April and May) and Autumn (October, November) are the two best time/ seasons for the Mulde Peak Trek . Normally, these two seasons the weather becomes excellent so you can enjoy the trek a lot. Mulde Peak Trek best time
How difficult is Mulde Peak Trek?
This is one of the easiest trek of Nepal. Hikers need to walk 6-7 Hours per day through the dence rhodrodendon forest. The trails is usually climbing so you need to prepare to climb the stairs too.
What kind of accommodation is available on Muule peak trek?
The Guest houses along the trekking trails are quite good. The guest house offers the basic accommodations but a delicious meal.
Is there WIFI on the Trek
Yes, Now most of the guest houses have a WIFI service. But for your informations they charge you for the using of the WIFI
Read Our Review
Why with us
Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
Team of local expert guides, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
Pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
Guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
Care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Sensative about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
Nepal Trek Hub has a 90% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page