- Trek Duration
11 Days + –
Tea House Trek
- Max Altitude
- Trekkers Numbers
1-18 but Flexible
- Best Time of Year
Spring and Autumn
- Trek Difficulty
- Price: 470 or + –
Mardi Himal trek one of the short and easy trek in Annapurna Region
Mardi Himal trek 7 days is a newly opened trekking route in 2012 in Annapurna Region Of Nepal. Mardi Himal trekking has been very renowned among trekkers in a short span of time. It is also a trek through the ridge of Modi River on the other side of Annapurna Base camp trek trail. This is a very short and sweet trek route that allows trekkers to enjoy everything within a short period of time. Located in the Elevation of 4500 Meter, is a great viewpoint to see the Annapurna Himalayan range. You can see Annapurna South, Hinchuli very near to you. Another mountain such as Fishtail, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Gangapurna and many other peaks is perfectly visible from this point. The most important thing about the Mardi Himal trek is you are very close to Mt.Fishtail 6997 Meter.
The 6-7 Days Mardi Himal trek is generally started from Phedi an hour drive from Pokhara. Then climb the hill called Dhampus, subsequently, the trail climbs slowly to Pothana then Deurali. Staying here overnight in Deurali the next day you go to Forest camp. A nice place to relax in the middle of the forest where the 4-5 trails from different side join here. Crossing the forest you reach Low Camp where you will meet another trail that climbs through Sidding. From here if the weather is very good you can see Mt.Fishtail. Walking further 1 hour you will reach the Badaldanda a nice viewpoint of the mountain range can be seen from here. Most of the mountain we can see from here. Now you walk through the ridge of the mountain, you can see both sides down the valley from here. One side is Annapurna base camp trail another side is Mardi Himal river valley. Your last camp is High Camp which has an elevation of 3500 Meter and takes just about 3 hours from Badaldanda. A high camp is a place where you stop your hiking. Next day early in the morning you hike to Base camp then return back.
Mardi Himal Trek informations
Mardi Himal trek facts
Mardi Himal Trek
|7 days trek, 2 days in Kathmandu
2 days in Pokhara but this can be up and down as per your time frame
|4500 Meter, Mardi Himal Base Camp
|Kande, Australian Camp or Phedi
|Spring and Autumn Season
|TIMS and ACCAP Permits
Mardi Himal Trek Highlights
- Discover the old and ancient city of Kathmandu where you can learn Nepal culture, religions, traditions if you do sightseeing.
- Most scenic drives or fly to Pokhara. If you take the flight then it takes 30 minutes. From the flight, you may see the most beautiful panorama of the 2 mountain ranges (Langtang, Manaslu and Annapurna range). If you drive to Pokhara then it takes 7-8 hours with the spectacular mountain scenery, local villages, rivers and other landmarks on the way to Pokhara
- Pokhara sightseeing, from Pokhara you can see the magnificent Annapurna range. You can also boat in Phewa lake of Pokhara.
- Beautiful drive to Kande with the best mountain scenery of Annapurna range.
- Marvelous view from the Australian camp and the view of the Pokhara valley from the Australian camp.
- Best jungle walk inside the Annapurna Conservation Area, you would see the different types of trees such as rhododendron, oak, pine, magnolia and many more.
- Peaceful villages along the Mardi Himal trek route and the friendly local people
- Spectacular view from the Badaldanda, high Camp and Mardi viewpoints. Trekkers can see the Annapurna south 7219 Meters, Himchuli 6400 meters, Fishtail 6,993 Meters, Annapurna III 7455 Meters, Gangapurna and many other mountains peak.
- Trek through the top of the mountain ridge, trekkers can see both sides of the valley. The Annapurna base camp valley is also visible through the Mardi Himal trekking trails.
- Hike up to 4500 Meters
Mardi Himal Trek cost
Mardi Himal Trek cost with this itinerary we mentioned is 280$, 470$ and 520$ for bronze, silver and gold scheme. The trek cost also depends on the duration and the route of the trek. On this route, we have made 7 days trek itinerary which starts at Kande and ends at the siding.
Group Discounted Cost/Prices
No of people
Silver Price P.P
|1 – 1
|2 – 3
|4 – 6
|7 – 9
|10 – 12
Bronze Price 258$
Silver Price 470$
Gold Price 520$
IncludesGuide, Porter, ACCAP Permits, Tourist Bus Transportations and Government service charge
ExcludesFood and Accomodations, Drinks, Tea, Coffee, Drinking water, Desert and all others which not in Includes above
IncludesGuide, Porter, ACCAAP Permits, Transportations by Tourist Bus , Food and Accomodations and Government service charge
ExcludesAlchoholic Drinks, Tea, Coffee, Drinking water, Desert and all others which not in Includes above
IncludesGuide, Porter, ACCAP Permits, Tourist Bus Transportations, Food and Accomodations, Tea, Coffee, and Government service charge
ExcludesAlchoholic Drinks, Drinking water, Desert and all others which not in Includes above
Mardi Himal Trek cost for Nepali
Mardi Himal trek cost for Nepali depends on your group size and the way you want to trek. It is good, if you are travelling in a big group which would save your transportations costs while going and coming back from Mardi Himal. Normally if you travel with the friends then for 4 days Mardi Himal trek cost for Nepali would be around NPR 15,000 to NPR 20,000 more or less. If you spent more days in trek then the cost would be higher to you. If you drink the alcohol then the cost would be more expensive. On this cost, you can hire the Taxi to Kande and from Siding you can hire the Jeep.
Mardi Himal trek best time
Mardi Himal trek best time:Mardi Himal trek best time depends on a month, in which month you are going there. It is always good to know in which moth the weather becomes what. Here is the short information of best time to trek Nepal
September – November
Thi is a best trekking season in High Himalayas. This is also known as post-monsoon time. This time The weather is very pleasant, sunny not too hot, not too cold. This is the main tourist season so there are many tourists. This time the landscape is very colourful because in the down valley the forest is green and the field is filled with rice which is nearly to harvest. The mountain can be seen from very far. It is not hazy at that time.
March – May
Another best time of year to visit Nepal is this one. Usually this time the weather is good. But due to summer days, the weather down in the valley is really hot. In the mountain region, the Flowers like rhododendron, magnolia and other kinds of small flowers blossom. If you are visiting this time then it is very cool, you can see the whole forest get’s red and pink with rhododendron flowers.
June, July, August and September
This is a monsoon season in Nepal. Monsoon generally starts from mid of June till September. Especially on this trekking trail area, this is the rainiest place in Nepal because of Annapurna Himalayan Range. There are other problems such as a flood, landslides and leeches if you do the trek at this time.
January and December
This is a winter season in Nepal. The winter season is also considered a snowy season in Nepal. High Himalaya gets snow so the weather might be cloudy so you need to bear all the risk of snowfall and bad weather.
Mardi himal trek notes
- Trek Duration:Mardi Himal Trek 10 Nights/11 Days upon your arrival to up to departure to your country, 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu, 2 Nights hotel in Pokhara, 7 Days on Mardi Himal trek
- Mardi Himal Trek Max. Altitude: Mardi Himal Base camp 4500 Meter
- Trek Grade: Moderate
- Trek characters: 11 days time is needed, In Kathmandu, you should spend 2 night, 2 Nights in Pokhara with Bed and breakfast plan hotel, 7 days tea house base trek, breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation is included
- Mardi Himal trek fixed departureNepal Trek Hub can offer you Mardi Himal trek any time of the year you want. We can easily make your own plan on your dates and wish. we can specially tailor your holiday to make it lifetime memorable. We are waiting for you to offer the best holiday in Himalaya
- Equipment hire: Nepal Trek Hub offer you a complete list of equipment after you book the trek, If you have not complete gear/equipment or could not manage due to time we are here to help you. You can get gear in Kathmandu, buy or rent both are possible
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: To put and carry your daily stuff while you are on a trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you. This is carried by our porter. if you have rain cover this would be very awesome to protect it from rain and dust.
- Transportation: Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu there will be a tourist bus service we offer. If you like to take the flight to Pokhara that is also very nice, it can save you time. From Pokhara to trekking starting point either taxi or big van depends on your group size. this will be similar when you back as well.
Nepal Trek hub Mardi Himal trek 7 Days is designed for the trekkers who want some light as well as great panoramic mountain vistas from very close and little bit challenge, it is suited for those who seek adventure, scenery, wild and culture this is really good options to you. It is also Newly opened trail so expected not to be the traffic of tourist but if you go there on the season there will be a lot of Nepalese tourists.
Here we have presented 10 Night 11 Days itinerary it can be deducted if you fly from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by Two days. and if you are a very fast walker, you can do Mardi Himal trek 5 days.
Mardi Himal Trek Preparation
Mardi Himal Trek Preparation is some preparatory activities that you can do for your trek. This is a easy trek but when you think about to do this, your mind may get’s a lot of question such as what do i need? what information should i need to obtain? what should precaution do i need to keep on my mine. If you just give short period of time to read this stuff your all queries fade a way. if not please give us a
Step-1: Know about your how many days will you stay in Nepal
At the first stage, calculate your time, how many days trek you can do? how many days in the city like Kathmandu and Pokhara. This allows you to proper planning of a trek, such as your itinerary and sight trip and extension of your trek in mountain
Step-2: Know more about trekking
It is always very good to take the prior Information as much as you can before your trek, Here Nepal Trek Hub has some information which might be very important for you.
- This is easy type of trek but you should know a little bit about your trek grade that you are going to do, get some information regarding
- Get Some Information About altitude mountain sickness, Although it has a very chance to get the altitude sickness. Read about the
- If you are wondering to get the visa of Nepal then please go through Nepal Immigration or you can also go through here
- Poon Hill Trek does not require so much gear, however, you need to bring some gear to do the trek. Some gear you can find in Kathmandu as well if you don’t bring from your country. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire, we will help you to hire the stuff without deposit. Get some information
Mardi Himal Trek map
There are different type of maps in the market of Mardi Himal Trekking. These maps are published by the different publisher of Nepal. The map is may different as per publisher, Some map may have much information while other has less. If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there are mostly Nepal Map, Himalayan Map. If you want to get the big scale with details map which cost is more than the normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek is in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advise you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in the pocket. You can get Mardi Himal trek map free from us if you book the trip with us. When you arrive in Kathmandu, we give this map on your trek preparation day.
Mardi Himal Trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive at kathmandu
We welcome you to Kathmandu Tribhuvan international Airport. One of our guide will welcome you at the Airport then together we go to hotel. We brief about the trekking matters and help you for preparation of trek.
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus
Your guide will pick up you from the hotel early in the morning then together with guide you go to Tourist bus park. The bus leaves around 7.30 am from Kathmandu which takes 7-8 hours to reach in Pokhara. By that time they often stop for breakfast, lunch and pee break. it is nice to drive to Kathmandu. you can see the amazing landscape of Nepal countryside.
- Day 03: Pokhara to Deurali 2100 M, 30 Minute drive, 6-7 Hours trek
This is our first day of the trek, as we head north from Lakeside by driving on Baglung road, we can be in Phedi roughly about 40 Minutes. From there, our trek starts the first part we climb to Dhampus. Dhampus is a viewpoint from there the trail slightly goes up via Pothana then Pritam Deurali. We stay overnight here. This is the place where two trek trail separate. It is a hillock from one side you can see the Pokhara valley from another side you can see the perfect view of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
- Day 04: Deurali to Forest camp 2600 M, 5-6 Hours
Our trekking trails begins with stairs on a massive forest. You can see the sheep pasture here. There is some sheep shelter as well. The trails continuously go through the forest. You can see the massive trees of oak and pine. There are a lot of fungi in the tree as well. This is really cool to walk as there is no noise it is a very peaceful walk. if you are lucky you can see some wildlife such as monkeys, deer.
- Day 05: Forest camp, Trek to Badaldanda 3300 M, 6-7 Hours
From Forest Camp to Low Camp the trail is quite easier. the thick forest becomes thinner and you can see the view of the down valley on the south side, the trail continues through the forest until low camp. Near low camp, the trail from sidding joins here. You can see some trekkers also comes from here. The low camp is the best viewpoint of Mt. fishtail. Heaving lunch here you need to climb further 1.15 minutes to Badal danda 3300 Meter. This is a lovely shelter to stay because it is very opened, you can see Ghandruk and all-mountain from here.
- Day 06: Badaldanda to High Camp 3300 M, 3-4 Hours
This is one of the Exciting days of our trek. As we walk from Badaldanda the scenery becomes more pretty because we can see both sides of the valley as we walk through the ridge of the mountain. It is like suppose we are walking on the top of the mountain. it is an amazing experience that you can see high hills, white mountain and yak pasture. as the trail climbs steep we are almost on High Camp.
- Day 07: Trek to Mardi Himal Base camp and back to Low camp 4500 M, 8-9 Hours
Early morning round 4:0 clock you wake up and start your trek for a sunrise view of the Annapurna Himalayan ranges. The Guesthouse offers you early breakfast. The trail climbs with the rocky trail. The rocky trail keeps going until the top. It takes about 3 hours. From the Mardi Himal base camp, you would see the all Himalayan scenery such as Annapurna II, IV, Gangapurna, Tent peak, Sinhu chuli, Annapurna south and many more. You get back to High Camp and may behave lunch if it is time otherwise it is better to get down low camp.
- Day 08: Trek to Sidding 1750 M, 3-4 Hours
We get down all the way through the forest. It is nice to walk through the forest. As there is no human settlement in Mardi Himal area you see only the donkey carrying the food and other stuff for lodges. We stay overnight at Sidding.
- Day 09: Trek to Lumre and drive to pokhara
We trek to lumre through the spectacular fishtail scenery which takes about 3 hours to lumre then take the veichle to Pokahara.
- Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu
We take the tourist bus to Kathmandu which takes about 7-8 Hours.
- Day 11: Departure
We will drop you to the airport.
Mardi Himal trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- 2 Night Hotel in Pokhara
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Annapurna conservation Area Project Permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Any Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Mardi Himal Trek for Nepali
Mardi Himal trek has been prime attractions for the Nepali in recent years. The trek is relatively easy and most rewarding and can be done even in 4-5 days easily. Most of the Nepali people like soft adventure hikes like this from where they can enjoy the mountain scenery at a low cost. The trek starts from the Kande and Ends at the siding. The Mardi Himal trek can be done even in a short period that is the reason for students to the adult people choose to do it. Doing a tour at Pokhara you can start this trek by driving to the Kande and from there to onwards just the trek. Here we have mentioned a very popular itinerary for the Nepali people which is shorter than for the international tourist. Normally we assume that Nepali people can walk faster than international tourists.
Mardi Himal Trek itinerary for Nepali
- Day 01: Pokhara tour and drive to Kande then trek to Deurali 1900 Meters (whole day)
- Day 02: Trek to Low camp 3200 meters 8-9 hours
- Day 03: Trek to High Camp and explore around the High Camp
- Day 04: Trek to Mardi Himal base camp and back to Siding then ride to Pokhara and the trek is over.
Frequently asked question of Mardi Himal Trek
Below we have mentioned some frequently asked questions of Mardi Himal Trek, Which might satisfy your question answer, if not you can let’s us know by email
Which is the best time for Mardi Himal trek?
Without any arguments, September 15 – October- November’s last end are the first best season, then March – April is second best time to trek to Mardi Himal. You can do trek all the time of the year but, in the month June-August is rainy season, so you have a less chance to see the view. Rainy season also has a problem of Flooding and leeches. Likewise, We have a winter season also consider as a snowy season, in this time the weather becomes cloudy and cold
How long walk per day and how difficult is walk on Mardi Himal trek
This is moderate trek in Annapurna region of Nepal. Trekkers required to walk 6-7 Hours per day. This is moderate walk with a lot of up and down, you need to climb through stairs. there are a lot of stairs during the trek you need to climb on
What kind of accommodation in Mardi Himal Trek
There are basic tea houses around the trek route, they provide a various range of food with basic comfortable bed. Sometimes you will be able to find the room with toilet/ bathroom too
Is there WIFI Mardi Himal Trek
Most of the tea house around the trek route has a WIFI Nowadays, But the WIFI speeds are quite slower however you can do text and transfer photos on Social Media
Can I do shower on Trek?
Yes, The tea houses offer the shower to their clients by charging some amounts. They offer you gas Shower but they charge with per heads.
Is there enough tea house/hotels on Mardi Himal Trek
Yes there are plenty of guest house / tea house along the trek route, however in the main season it might get full, You need to be very careful about the accommodation here in the time you do Mardi Himal trek
What is the drinking water condition in Mardi himal trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
How many miles mardi Himal Trek?
According to various source the total distance of the Mardi Himal trek is 85-90 KM approx. For completion of this trek, it requires 5-7 Days which start from Dhampus Phedi and Ends at Lumre.
How to Start Mardi Himal trek
You can take taxi or local bus to Phedi which is 15 KM from Pokhara. Which takes about 30 minutes. From Phedi you need to start trek via Dhampus, Pothana, Deurali and likewise the trek goes onward and ends at Lumre
What is the maximum elevation of mardi himal trek?
Mardi Himal Maximum elevation is 4500 Meter from sea level. You sleep in High Camp 3560 Meter and next morning you trek to Mardi Himal Base Camp. This is the highest point of the Trek
What permit are required for Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal lies in the middle of Annapurna Conservation Area Project(ACCAP) so trekkers need to get ACCAP Permits and Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card. The TIMS is for the tracking of tourist if in case of missing
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Why you like this?
This is one of easy and best trek route of Annapurna
A beautiful view of Lake Phewa and enjoy the evening at Pokhara. Tourist can do boating here for relaxation, if the weather is good you can see the Annapurna mountain range from lake phewa
If you are lucky, you will be able to see different wildlife, fauna here. The fauna available here are very gigantic even though it is located at the high elevation.
Eye catching view of Mt Fishtail (6997 meter) , Annapurna I(8091 meter) and many other peaks.
Gurung and magar villages and their cultures.