Annapurna Sanctuary trek is also known as Annapurna Base Camp trek.Annapurna Sanctuary trekking is the well-suited settings in the Himalaya, presenting a 360-degree view of different mountains such as an Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Gangapurna, Annapurna south, holy fishtail and many other uncountable snow-covered peaks. these peaks aligned just like a wall. Rhododendron, Oak, Pine and Magnolia trees add more charm on it. Our Annapurna Sanctuary trek 9-10 days is totally suited any trekkers who wish to touch the Himalayas and enjoy on nature. Walking through the dazzling range of landscapes, terraced rice fields to the bamboo groves and rhododendron forests of Gurung and pun village of Annapurna Base Camp is your lifetime experience.
Holy place Annapurna sanctuary is named because there is some temple on the way to Annapurna base camp 4130 meters so the locals believe that killing animals and carrying the meat crossing that temple is a sin. Trekkers can have a eggs around Annapurna base camp and Machhapurche Base Camp. Driving from Kathmandu to Pokhara on the tourist bus which takes around 7-8 hours with countryside view is amazing to experience. Pokhara a city of the mountain is a perfect place for the tourist to chill out here before and after the trek. Hiring the private vehicle you go to Nayapool then start your trek from here. Soon you will be in Birethanti where your permits will be check-in. Further you trek to Ghorepani via Sudame, Hile, Tikedhunga, Ulleri, Banthanti and Ghorepani. Staying overnight here next day in the morning you would see the 360-degree view of Mountains, Both range Annapurna range and Dhaulagiri Range. You would see the 2 highest peak Annapurna 8091 Meter and Dhaulagiri 8,167 Meter. Tadapani is next point of the trek where you will stay a night and see the gorgeous view of Annapurna south and Holy Fishtail Mountain. Now trekking trails enter into the Modi River valley as the trail goes higher the valley becomes narrow. Chomrong is the biggest village of this area which is just in front of Hinchuli lap. Thick Bamboo bushes are along the way from Sinuwa
Crossing the Sinuwa you now reached the bamboo, Soon the valley becomes very narrow and full of the forest of bamboo bushes. Dovan, Deurali, Himalaya, Machhapueche base camp and finally Annapurna base camp are the camp on the trail you will pass through. The landscape is totally amazing here. As you reached to Machhapurche Base camp you can see the Fishtail 7,997 Meter Annapurna III, and many other peaks. Further 2 hours walk to Annapurna base camp you get your final destination from where you will see Annapurna south, Annapurna I many more peaks
Trekkers can trek to Annapurna sanctuary trek from March to June, and September to November is exceptionally excellent because Annapurna sanctuary weather is perfect. These two seasons are the best to trek here in Annapurna.
Nepal trek hub offers Annapurna sanctuary trek which incorporates all aspects of natural scenery, cultural aspects, and all other components. This is good for the trekkers who seek who is beginners and prefer soft adventure.
Table of contents
What is Annapurna sanctuary?
Annapurna base camp is also known as Annapurna sanctuary because the local people call it Annapurna sanctuary. There is a reason why it is Annapurna sanctuary, it is a holy land that means the local believes that there are a god and deities who protect the mountains and the mountain weather. On the way to Annapurna base camp, there are two small monuments which are on the trail one is before Bamboo and another one is Before Himalaya. These two temples are highly sacred in the name of god and locals call it Annapurna sanctuary god. Locals can not bring the meat above the Sinuwa that is why it is a very holy sacred Annapurna sanctuary land.
Annapurna sanctuary trek highlights
the Annapurna sanctuary trek highlights include the following things which are here, have a look
- The mountain scenery: You can see numerous mountains peak such as Annapurna South, Himchuli, Annapurna Frank, Annapurna 8091 Meter, Tent peak, Singhu Chuli, Gandharva Chuli, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Mt. Fishtail and many other countless peaks
- Local people and cultures: You will see mostly the Gurung people on the way to Annapurna sanctuary trek. the biggest village is Chomrong where there are more than 100 Gurung Family Lives
- Flora and Fauna: The Annapurna sanctuary trekking trails offers the chance to see numerous fauna and flora. the area is really rich in natural diversity. Bamboo and Rhododendron are very common thing you see on the trekking trails
- Annapurna sanctuary trek how many days:This trek can be done as per your time. The minimum time period is 8 days from Pokhara to Pokhara. If you Have more days that would be very good to spend more time in Trekking.
- Annapurna sanctuary trek height:Various source says different height/altitude but According to Wikipedia Annapurna sanctuary height is is 4130 Meter.
- Annapurna sanctuary trek difficulty: This is Moderate trek, so this is not so much difficult as Everest base camp or another challenging trek of Nepal. Moderate trek means walking 5-6 hours up to the elevation below 5,000 meters. In this type of trek, you don’t need to climb technical so much but sometimes a little bit.
- Annapurna sanctuary trek best time Certainly there is 2 Best season for excellent trek experience in Nepal. October and November month are the first best season of Annapurna sanctuary trek, Then we have March, April and May which is another second-best season. Rhododendron flowers in down valley increase the beauty of trek this time. But this is always not possible for everyone. But sometimes even in offseason, you can see the good view. Only in the Month of December due to heavy snowfall, it is very hard.
- Annapurna sanctuary trek fixed departure: Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip any time of the year. We do have fixed departure group. We always put some fixed departure group. If not sometimes we can also send you individually at the same price. This is very good for you. you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have customized itinerary.
- Annapurna sanctuary trek gear list/ Equipment: Normally you need some stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your luggage while you go trekking, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you. This will be carried out by our team’s porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually, porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Pokhara There will be a tourist bus. Pokhara is a city where you stay a Night. Next day you take the private vehicle to go Nayapool. After you complete the trek you come back to Pokhara from Siwai by Jeep. Travel to Kathmandu you can come by tourist bus.
If you are wondering about duration of your trek, If you have some time please let us know we can modify the trek as per your wish and time. If not we can recommend another one similar like this. let’s us ask to as per your needs and with your time constraint. we always give you a best itinerary
Annapurna sanctuary trek preparation
Annapurna sanctuary is moderate trek it is always good to get some primary information prior to your trek. here is how you can do Annapurna sanctuary trek preparation
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
At the first step of your trek preparation, you need to calculate your time duration totally, how many days trek will you able to do and stay on the city. This will make you easier for proper and suited planning
Step-2: Know more about Annapurna sanctuary
It is always very good to get the pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you.
- Trek Grade: This is moderate type of trek, you need to know more about your trek grade, get some information regarding
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always a concern who do the trek in the mountain. This can be very dangerous if people don’t care. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impact very badly on the human body. Get More Information About altitude mountain sickness and be careful yourself. This Trek has a lot of chances of Altitude mountain sickness. Read about the for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get Nepal visa. You can get it on your country or in Kathmandu airport. Getting visa in Kathmandu airport is easier to you. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list This trek requires a good gear list, You need to bring gear to do the trek with very easily. The gears play a very vital role for the success of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in the shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Annapurna sanctuary trek map
Are you wondering about Annapurna sanctuary trek map. there is a map everywhere in the market. You may see Annapurna base camp trek map or Annapurna sanctuary trek map. Don’t get confuse this both are the same one with a different name. Make sure that this map also includes Ghorepani Poon Hill trek and Dhampus as well. Most of the Map has this but to be confirmed.
If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there are Himalayan Map publisher, the Nepal map house publisher. You can buy it from there choosing either big scale with details map which cost is more than a normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek is in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advise you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in a pocket. We will give you a map as a complimentary service.
Annapurna sanctuary trek itinerary
We have shown you Annapurna sanctuary trek itinerary which is our Standard itinerary and can be modify any time as per your wish and time
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and trekking preparation
Pick up you from airport then you will be taken in to your hotel, you booked or we booked. After while we talk about trek and do trek preparation.
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara 7-8 hours
You will be taken from your hotel to Tourist Bus Park then together we drive to Pokhara together, you will be able to see the countryside view while you are driving. Evening you can walk around the city with your guide or can ride a boat as well.
- Day 03: Pokhara to Ulleri 1930 Meters, 5-6 hours
We take the private vehicle from Pokhara to reach the trekking starting point, During the drive, you may see beautiful Annapurna range, Fishtail and Annapurna II. You can also see how local do their traditional farming while driving, it takes 1.30 hours to 2 hours to reach in Nayapool. From here you start the trek. The permit checking office will check your permit in Birethanti, You will trek through the bank of the small river until you reach to Tikhedunga then climb 2 hours to reach ulleri.
- Day 04: Ulleri to Ghorepani 2875 Meter, 6-7 Hours
The trek starts from climbing the stairs to Banthanti. From Banthanti the trail goes through inside the forest, the stairs are very less until we climb to Nangethanti. Nangethati is a lunch place where we do lunch, a place located inside the forest is relaxing. After lunch, we need to walk 1 hour further to reach Ghorepani
- Day 05: Ghorepani to Tadapani 2675 Meters, 6-7 Hours
Early in the morning, we go to see the sunrise over the mountain from Poon Hill 3210 Meter. when you back to Ghorepani, you will do breakfast. Heaving breakfast you start your trek. Today trek is fantastic cause you to walk through the ridge of the hill until Deurali, you can taste the local cheese of this place, the trail’s descent down until the river before Tadapani. From here you need to climb 30 minutes to Tadapani.
- Day 06: Tadapani to Chomrong 2170 Meters, 6-7 Hours
We need to go down a lot today. Tadapani is the top of the hill, We need to go down Gurjung which takes around 2 hours, after crossing the bridge the trail slowly climb up until you reach to Chomrong, You spend your 1 night here.
- Day 07: Chomrong to Himalaya 2900 Meters, 7-8 Hours
Following the bank of Modi river, we trek towards the north valley. the trail passes the big forest and bamboo bushes. You can see some wild life if you are lucky enough. We will do lunch at Dovan before we reach to Himalaya.
- Day 08: Himalaya Hotel to Machapuchhare Base Camp 3800 Meters, 5-6 hours
We trek up to Machhapurche base camp through the bank of Modi river, and bottom of Fishtail mountain, This is quite a dangerous area because of an avalanche, Bagar is a place where most of the time avalanche falls. We stay overnight at Machhapurche base camp.
- Day 09:Machapuchhare Base Camp 4130 Meters to Annapurna base camp then bamboo 2600 Meters, 8-9 hours
This is one of the tough days of our trek, today you need to wake up at 4’0 clock in the morning to hike the Annapurna base camp (4130 Meter) which takes about 2.30 hours. Spending a few hours in base camp, we will take breakfast then go down to Machapuchhare Base Camp and pack our things then start our trek docents down to Bamboo. We will do lunch at Deurali today. We go down through Himalaya until bamboo 2600 Meter.
- Day 10:Bamboo to Jhinu 1400 Meters, 5-6 Hours
As we leave the bamboo we climb a bit then straight walk until Sinuwa. From Sinuwa we can see Jhinu. Descending down to Chomrong river then climb to Chomrong we again go down to Jhinu. A hot spring pool is here. you can enjoy the day in the hot spring.
- Day 11: Jhinu to Pokhara
This is our last day, as we cross the bridge we climb a bit then head to Kiumi, from here you will take the jeep to reach in Pokhara.
- Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Day 13: Your departure day
Annapurna sanctuary trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 4 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- ACCAP Permits
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- Domestic airport pick up and drop off itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Annapurna sanctuary trek FAQ
Most of the trekkers get’s many question on their mind before they start trek. In preparation phase they might want to know many question. It is very hard to get all question answer here but we have mentioned some question answer, follow our Annapurna sanctuary trek FAQ. if it does not satisfy you please
Which is the best time to Annapurna sanctuary trek?p
Without any arguments, the first best season of trek here is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice and clear. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
Annapurna sanctuary trek how many days?
Here, we have made 13 days plan from arrival to departure, Among them 2 Nights in Kathmandu, 2 Nights in Pokhara, 8 Nights/9 Days in Trek, you can shortened this trek by 2-3 Nights by Talking the Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara
What kind of accommodation in Annapurna sanctuary trek?
There are good tea houses a long the trekking trail. Some of the tea houses has also room with Bathroom. but it is not always with every guest houses. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Is there wifi on Annapurna sanctuary trek?
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
Is there enough hotels Annapurna sanctuary trek?
When there is main season it is always crowd on trekking route. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
What is the drinking water on Annapurna sanctuary trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
How much is Annapurna sanctuary trek distance?
Annapurna Base Camp Trek trail distance is around 115 km. Trekkers need to walk 10 KM to 20 KM each day. If you also trek Dhampus, The distance will be longer
What is the maximum elevation of Annapurna sanctuary trek?
The maximum elevation you will take is just 4130 meter in Annapurna base camp.
what permit is for Annapurna sanctuary trek?
Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit and Trekkers Information management system permit (TIMS) Card is required for the trek
Can I do trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Read Our Review
Annapurna Sanctuary facts
- Duration:13 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height4130 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Land transfer
Contact us for this trip
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Nice drive to Pokhara, you can see the country side view as well as Rafting in Trisuli River Rafting
pleasurable Pokhara city, phewa Lake and Annapurna Himalayan Range
Mix Nepali local cultures, down in the valley you see Brahamin and up in the mountain Buddhist cultures and traditions.
You can see the Dhaulagiri Range Mountain, Annapurna Himalayan Range, Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III
Rhododendron forest a long the trekking trail