Everest trek or Everest trekking is the dream of the mountain lovers once in a life. The sky touching mountains are waiting for you to thrill you from its unique nature and beauty. Everest trekking is the prime destination for the trekkers who want to go to Nepal for the trekking experience. Locally known as Kumbu of Nepal is also known as the place where the tallest mountains are gathered in once place. Nepal has 8 Mountains above 8000 Meter and among them, 4 of them are in Khumbu and once you go to Everest trek you can see all of these mountains. The Magnificent Khumbu Region offers the perfect view of Mt. Everest 29,377 feet, Lhotse 27,940 feet, Nuptse 25,791 feet, Amadablam 22,349 Feet, Makalu 27,825 feet, Choyou 26,906, Thamserku 21,729 feet and many other peaks which are not mentioned here. You will see uncountable peaks if you come to trek Everest.
Table of contents
Everest trek season
There are two best season for Eerest trek, Autumn and Spring which are the best two season for the Everest trek. See the weather and tempretures what it looks like in Everest trek.
|December, January, February||This is winter time in Nepal. The temperature is very cold in the Himalayas. Cloudy weather and snowfalls are very normal in these months. Due to its inappropriateness for the trek, you will see very fewer people on the trekking trails. You may not have a good experience while trekking in Winter to The everest region.|
|March, April, May||This is second peak season to trek in Nepal. The weather is very good at this time. You can see the blue sky and the stunning mountain view. Due to the good weather, visibility is also very good at this time. You can enjoy your trek. This is also the time of rhododendron in the trekking trails which increases the beauty of the trek. There would be regular flights to Everest at this time and the trekking experience is also excellent due to the stunning weather and temperatures. Climbers submit to Mount Everest on this season so it is a very good season to trek in Nepal.|
|June, July and August||This is rainy season in Nepal. It is very difficult to go Everest trek because of the flights. Due to the cloudy weather flights chances are very less. Even if you get the flight and reach Lukla the trekking experience at this time is not that good. Cloudy sky and the foggy weather is the main character and you can get rain anytime. In the mountains, you could get snowfall more often. The leeches and continuous rainfall might affect your trekking experience.|
|September, October and November||This is the best and peak season to explore Nepal. You can get the best experience of each activity you want to do here in Nepal. Due to the post-monsoon time the landscape is green and filled with rice terraces. You can see the perfect mountain view and trekking to the mountain is a very great experience as well. There is always a flight to Lukla on this season and you will get the best trekking experience because of the clear weather and open sky.|
Everest Trek highlights
Everest Trek highlights is given below, this are the things which you can see when you visit the Everest Region
- The Lukla airport is one of the highest elevated airports in the world and the shortest runway as well. You will get the astonishing view of the mountain scenery while flying to Lukla.
- Excellent trekking trails through the bank of the Dudh Koshi River, The Dudh Koshi comes from the Ngozumpa Glaciers of the Everest region. You will see the magnificent view of the mountains, forest, local villages and the countless mules to carry the stuff to the Khumbu region.
- Namche Bazaar, the biggest sherpa settlement of the Khumbu Region. People from all over the Khumbu come here for shopping on Saturday there is an open market as well. Where you can buy the stuff for daily life.
- The mesmerizing view of the Khumbu Himalayan ranges through the Everest view hotel when you stay for acclimatization on Namche.
- Opportunity to see the Yak carrying the luggage and food for the Khumbu.
- Sherpa cultures and the Tibetan Buddhism practise. The Tengboche Monastery which is elevated at the altitude of 3,867 metres (12,687 ft), where The Mani Rimdu Festival is celebrated and ritual work is performed.
- Walk through the glaciers with the picturesque mountains everywhere.
- View of the Khumbu Icefall and the Ngozumpa glaciers and the base camp of the Everest from this place climbers start to climb Mount Everest.
- Amazing view of the Everest 29,377 feet, Amadablam 22,349 Feet, Lhotse 27,940 feet, Nuptse 25,791 feet, Makalu 27,825 feet, Choyou 26,906, cholatse 21,129 feet, Thamserku 21,729 feet and many peaks. The view is seen from Kalapathar but some views are seen from different places of The Khumbu.
- The landscape of the Khumbu and the beauty of the Sagarmatha National Park.
- Unique opportunity to see the Kathmandu valley and other world heritage sites of Kathmandu.
Everest trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and trekking preparation
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla airport (2,860m/9,381 feet). Trek to Phakding (2,698m/8,822 ft.), 6 hours
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar trek (3,440m/11,249 feet.)
- Day 04: Acclimitization day and Syangeboche hill station hiking to get best view
- Day 05: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3,867m/12,645 feet.)
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche village (4,260m/13,930 feet.), 6 hours
- Day 07: Acclimitization day at Dingboche village
- Day 08: Trekking from Dingboche village to Lobuche(4,930 m/16,121 feet.), 5:30 hours
- Day 09: Trek to Gorekshep then Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,540 feet) back to Gorekshep
- Day 10: Kala Patthar hike (5,545m/18,132 feet) from Gorakshe, then back to Pheriche (4,243m/ 13,917 ft).
- Day 11: Trek down to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/12,249 feet), 8 hours
- Day 12: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,860m/9,381 feet), 8 hours
- Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Departure
Everest trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- Best available twin sharing lodge for accommodation during the trek. Private bathrooms with hot showers are provided at Phakding, Namche and Lukla
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Round flight tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla and from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide
- Well equipped strong Porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary and equipment.
- Insurance for the Nepalies staff
- Sagarmatha National park permits
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Frequently asked question Regarding Everest Trek
We have gathered some common problem which are often asked by tourist before they go to Everest trek
When is the best season to do Everest trek?
October and November is best months to trek here but March and April is also best months, March and April is flower blooming season, in this time different types of Rhododendron and magnolia blooms. it is pretty to see a whole forest when it is full of forest. You can do trek whole year but June, July is rainy season and December , January is winter season
How long do I have to walk per day on Everest Trek
On this trek a 6-7 hours walk is required. But the hiking is not that easy due to the accent trails and high elevations.
Is there regular flights to Lukla?
Yes there are regular flights to Lukla but you need to book ahead of your trip. There are regular flights but the flight tickets are hard to get. In the afternoon they don’t fly to Lukla. That is the reason there is pressure of the flight to Lukla.
Top Annapurna Mountains
|1||Annapurna I 8,091 M/ 26,545 Ft|
|2||Annapurna II 7,940 M/ 26,040 Ft|
|3||Annapurna III 7,555 M/ 24,787 Ft|
|4||Annapurna IV 7,525 M/ 24,688 Ft|
|5||Gangapurna 7455 M/ 24459 Ft|
|6||Fishtail 6,993 M/ 22,943 Ft|
Read Our Review
Langtang trek facts
- Duration:9-10 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Max Height4920 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Land Transfer
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.