Langtang trek is trekkers paradise, those trekkers who are seeking something easy but easy and awesome trek destination, without any arguments langtang trekking is the best one from every single aspects. The amazing local people and their unique culture and traditions as well as vivid range of landscape. The trek goes through all the way up to kyanjin gompa by the Bank of Langtang river so it is also known as a Langtang valley trek. The langtang valley is more beautiful after we reach to the Ghoda Tablea. The Langtang Valley is one of the top most beautiful places in Nepal and top route for the soft adventures trekkers, who seeks stunning landscapes and authentic culture.
Trekking in the Langtang region is very good because you are contributing to the local society through the tourism which they really need. People of this region are highly dependent on tourism. The main income source tourism has given many people employment directly and indirectly. All of you are very important for this region people to rebuild their community. This is the business end of sustainable travel, where your travel choices can respectfully support local people by preserving their dignity, their culture.
Table of contents
highlights of Langtang trek
- Time Duration: 9-10 Days from Arrival date to Departure date , 5 to 7 Days on Trek, 2 Days to travel
- Max. Altitude of trek: Kyanjing ri (4773 Meter) or Tserko Ri 4920 meter
- Trek Grade: Moderate trek
- Best Travel Time: February to May is the first season of the year to trek. September to November is main and best season of Nepal trek. June, July & August are rainy season, you can trek but the weather is not so good and landslides and flooding are the main natural obstacles
- Trip characters: 9-10 days time is needed, 2 night’s hotels in Kathmandu Bed and breakfast plan, 5-6 nights tea house base trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek is included.
- Departure Dates: We can organize this trek any dates during the year. it does not matter whether you are alone or are in group, But group travel is cheaper than single
- Equipment hire: We give you list before you come for trek, if you have not complete gear, some of the gear you can hire in Kathmandu in very good price
- Rucksack/Duffle bag: Your luggage during the trek is carried by porter if you wish to take porter or you can also carry yourself, you need to arrange the rucksack/duffel bag before you go to trek, more advice you can get upon your arrival in kathmandu, if you don’t have rucksack we can provide the duffel bag also
- Transportation: Local Bus is widely use to go there but it is very stressful for the travelers, we recommend you to take the jeep instead of bus, by that means you can stop any time, there is a limit number of your member, you can travel on your own style. if you have to travel through bus it takes about 7-8 hours with so many locals. the bus often stop for the locals to come in and go out. this process goes during the whole travel duration
Going Langtang trek and come back
You will have a two options to go langtang trek. Dhunche or Sybrubensi is a trekking starting point. The trek starts point syabrubensi is 123 km north from Kathmandu which might takes about 7 to 8 hours by local bus or little less by Jeep
1.Travel by local bus
To trek to Langtang valley trekkers must travel to Syabrubensi or Dhunche. The road has been building and upgrading so there are pretty much dust on the way. Due to construction process sometimes we might get traffic jam also. Early in the morning the local bus leaves from Machhapokahari kathmandu. It is better to start early in the morning because if sometimes, the bus get’s some problem during the travel, you will have many options to take another one. You should adjust the locality in the bus because they often stops for the local passenger. They stop often and over people is very normal. Even in passage they put the passenger as much as they can
2. Travel by private transport jeep
If you wish to go by private jeep then it is cool and better options for the traveler although it is quite expensive. Travelling by jeep is totally flexible to you, you can stop often and travel. Your trek Guide and porter also travel with you. It might take little bit less time than local bus. You can stop it any time if you like to take some photos during the travel.
Langtang trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and trekking preparation
We Welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport then transfer to your hotel, then we discus and preparation of your trek. Equipment management work need to be done this day
- Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi 1500 Meter, 6-7 Hours
You will drive to Machhapokhari buspark. Here you get the local bus to go Syabrubensi. This bus often stop for passenger. you will be able to see nice scenery mountains like Mt. Annapurna II, Manasalu, Ganesh Himal and other minor peaks along the route and as well as green scenery of hillock. The driving is quite difficult for now because of road construction is going on. All the vehicle stop at trisuli bazzar for the lunch. This is almost the halfway to Syabrubensi. There will be check post before you reach to Syabru where you get Langtang national park Permit.
- Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel 2380 Meter, Estimated time is 6-7 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent uphill
This is your first day of trek, This is quite difficult for all trekkers because your leg need to be adjust for long time walking. You will trek contentiously through the bank of Langtang river along with sub tropical forest which is cover by oak and maple, massive spruce, fir, blue pine and rhododendron forest. If we are lucky enough we can see some wildlife as well such as monkey, yellow-throat-ed martens. We will do lunch at bamboo. After lunch the trail becomes more steep and more accent to Lama Hotel
Sybrubensi Elevation:(1,460m/4,788 ft) Lama Hotel Elevation:(2560m/8,396 ft) Elevation Gain: 900 meters Approx Distance Travel:12 Km Approx Accent Most of the trail Decent Very less Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 04: Trek to Langtang Village
Early in the morning we start trek, The trail climbs gradually climbs through the thick forest. During the trek we passes the forests of hemlocks, oaks, maples and white and pink rhododendrons high above the Langtang Khola. With the view of Langtang Lirung (7244m). The trail cross the river and multiple hills before the giant landslides of Langtang. After crossing the langtang landslides we will be at camp site.
Lama Hotel Elevation:(2560m/8,396 ft) Langtang:3540 Meter Elevation Gain: 900 meters Approx Distance Travel:16-17 Km Approx Accent Most of the trail Decent Very less Time 7-8 Hours
- Day 05: Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa 3870 Meter, Estimated time is 3-4 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent, Estimated distance 6-7 KM
Today is our Easiest day. We need to walk through the Yak pasture field and buckwheat terrace, you can see the another side of the valley’s forest destroyed by the storm of Avalanche. You can see some peaks while you walk towards Kyanjin Gompa.
Kyanjin Gompa is the village where you see the hotels mostly, There are bakery shop and where they make also different types of coffee, You can see the Ganjala Peak and many other peaks from here. There is flat land in the north of Kyanjin Gompa. We stay here two nights.
- Day 06: Rest Day at Kyanjin Gompa and we hike to Kyanjin Ri 4800 Meter, 4-5 Hours time needed.
It is rest and explore day. We will bring you to the Kyanjin ri to see the beautiful langtang himalayan range, it is 3 Hours hike to the top of Kyanjin Ri, From here you can see the Langtang Lirung, Marimatto, Ganjala peak and many more. You will be able to see whole valley from here, We can see also glaciers of Langtang Lirung from here
- Day 07: Trek back to Lama Hotel 2300 Meter, 6-7 Hours time needed.
From today we begin to go down valley, We follow the same way to go Down, Crossing the langtang villlage, Ghoda Tabela we reach to Lama Hotel. Stay Overnight Here
- Day 08: Syabrubensi is our ultimate destination today , 6-7 Hours time needed. Mostly Decent
The trek is quite difficult today cause we have to go down, The decent is harder because of the irregular stone and small moraines after Lamahotel. We need to walk through forest and we can reach syabrubensi by 2-3 o clock. we stay overnight here
- Day 09: Drive back to kathmandu and the trek is over
- Day 10: We will drop you in Airport or if you have day you can also stay and sightseeing, or do another activities.
Langtang trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Langtang National park permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Frequently asked question Regarding Langtang Trek
We have gathered some common problem which are often asked by tourist before they go to Langtang.
When is the best season to do langtang trek?
October and November is consider as a best month to trek here but March and April also best month, March and April is flower blooming season, in this time different types of Rhododendron and magnolia blooms. it is pretty to see a whole forest when it is full of forest. You can do trek whole year but June, July is rainy season and December , January is winter season
How long do I have to walk per day and how difficult it is?
Generally, During this trek 6-7 hours maximum walk is required but the walk is not on plain land, you need to climb stairs and steps. Altitude impacts on difficulty, if you are going higher altitude it is difficult and vise versa
How difficult is this trek?
Generally, During this trek 6-7 hours maximum walk is required but the walk is not on plain land, you need to climb stairs and steps.
|S.N||Mountain we can see|
|1||Langtang lirung 7,234 M|
|2||Langtang ri 7,205 M|
|3||Dorje Lakpa 6,966 M|
|4||Loenpo Gang 6,907 M|
|5||Changbu 6,781 M|
|6||Gangchenpo 6,387 M|
|7||Morimoto 6,150 M|
|8||Yala peak 5,520 M|
Langtang trek facts
- Duration:9-10 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Max Height4920 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Land Transfer
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Why you’ll love this trip?
This is one of the short and easy trek of Nepal
After the devastating Nepal earthquake, The langtang Valley needs tourist for their better life, because tourism is main income source of Langtang People
Perhaps you can encounter troops of Grey Langur Monkeys, Himalayan blue ship as you pass through the rhododendron forest
You can Learn about the Tamang culture and enjoy the landscapes of the Himalaya from a local leader and their fantastic assistants and porters. They’ll make your experience of Nepal truly mesmerizing.
You can see many peaks which are above 6500 Meter from sea level, such as Marimatto, Langtang Lirung, ganjala peak and so on