- Trek Duration
9-10 + –
Tea House Trek
- Max Altitude
- Group Size
- Price: 560 or + –
Langtang trek 7 days is a trekkers paradise, those trekkers who are seeking something easy but easy and awesome trek destination, without any arguments langtang trekking is the best one from every single aspect. The amazing local people and their unique culture and traditions as well as a vivid range of landscape. The trek goes through all the way up to kyanjin gompa by the Bank of Langtang river so it is also known as a Langtang valley trek. The Langtang valley is more beautiful after we reach to the Ghoda Tabela. The Langtang Valley is one of the topmost beautiful places in Nepal and top route for the soft adventures trekkers, who seeks stunning landscapes and authentic culture.
Trekking in the Langtang region is very good because you are contributing to the local society through tourism which they really need. People of this region are highly dependent on tourism. The main income source of tourism has given many people employment directly and indirectly. All of you are very important for this region people to rebuild their community. This is the business end of sustainable travel, where your travel choices can respectfully support local people by preserving their dignity, their culture.
The magnificent langtang trek 5 days or 6 days or 7 days start with a drive from Kathmandu to Sybrubensi, which takes about 6-7 hours, it depends which vehicle you take. If you take jeep it might be quite faster and far easy, if you take the bus with local people slow and very stressful. Trekkers start their trek from Sybrubensi to Kyanjin gompa bypassing several beautiful settlements such as Pahiro, Bamboo, Lama Hotel, Ghoda Tabela and Langtang. The langtang hiking goes through the beautiful thick forest with Rhododendron, oak, Pine and different types of Bamboo. You may also see the different animals such as a monkey, Himalayan Thar, red panda and rarely snow leopard as well.
Resting in Kyanjin you hike up to Kyanjin RI or Tcherko Ri allows you to take the magnificent views of Langtang Himalayan region Himalayas such as Langtang Lirung, Langtang Ri, Yala peak, Marimatto, Gangchenpo and many other peaks. The view of the lower valley is truly magnificent. Langtang trek cost is depended upon the duration of your trek and how many days you will spend in the mountain. Generally, for 5 Days Langtang trek cost it might be cost you 600$ more or less if you are in volume this might be down a little bit. Many trekkers are keen to know Langtang trek difficulty, this is quite an easier trek as compared to other treks such as Annapurna circuit trek, Everest base camp trek. langtang trek 7 days is very popular among the trekkers alternatively you can do gosaikunda trek 5 days or Helambu trek , if you have a very short period to trek in Nepal. If you have more time then you can do a beautiful and most thrilling langtang Gosainkunda trek
- 1. Langtang trek Facts
- 2. What to see in Langtang trek or highlights?
- 3. Langtang trek best time
- 4. How to go Langtang Trek
- 5. How difficult is Langtang Trek
- 6. How long is the Langtang Trek
- 7 Langtang Trek map
- 8. Langtang Trek 5 Days
- 9. Langtang Trek 5 Days itinerary
- 10. Itinerary
- 11. Include in cost
- 12. Exclude in cost
- 13. Langtang trek cost
Langtang trek Facts
Langtang trek facts includes following things which are mentioned here below, please find out what are the facts of Langtang Trek
- Mountain range: Langtang Lirung, Langtang Ri, and many other peaks which are 6000 Meters to 7000 Meters
- Trek experince: You will walk through the beautiful jungle walk through the langtang river bank
- Time Duration: 9-10 Days from Arrival date to Departure date , 5 to 7 Days on Trek, 2 Days to travel
- Max. Altitude of trek: Kyanjing ri (4773 Meter) or Tserko Ri 4920 meter
- Trek Grade: Moderate trek
- Trip characters: 9-10 days time is needed, 2 night’s hotels in Kathmandu Bed and breakfast plan, 5-6 nights tea house base trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek is included.
- Departure Dates: We can organize this trek any dates during the year. it does not matter whether you are alone or are in a group, But group travel is cheaper than single
- Equipment hire: We give you the list before you come for the trek if you have not the complete gear, some of the gear you can hire in Kathmandu in very good price
- Rucksack/Duffle bag: Your luggage during the trek is carried by porter if you wish to take porter or you can also carry yourself, you need to arrange the rucksack/duffel bag before you go trekking, more advice you can get upon your arrival in Kathmandu, if you don’t have rucksack we can provide the duffel bag also
- Transportation: Local Bus is widely used to go there but it is very stressful for the travellers, we recommend you to take the jeep instead of the bus, by that means you can stop any time, there is a limit number of your member, you can travel on your own style. if you have to travel by bus it takes about 7-8 hours with so many locals. the bus often stops for the locals to come in and go out. this process goes during the whole travel duration
What to see in Langtang trek or highlights
Langtang trek highlights are the thing that you would see on the Langtang trek. Following are the things to see on Langtang Trek and Highlights of the trek.
- The scenic drive to Syabrubesi. Syabrubesi is the major trade place for the locals for the Langtang Valley, Tamang Heritage trail around. Located on the bank of the Trisuli River it is a small tamang settlement.
- Wonderful trek experience while trekking through the bank of the Langtang River, You will pass the several small villages and local tea shops while trekking to the Langtang Kyanjin Gompa.
- Encounter with the wildlife of the Langtang National Park. Trekkers trek inside the National park and it is one of the biggest national parks where you may see the Red Panda, Snow Leopards, different types of the deer, Himalayan Thar, monkeys and many other wildfires.
- Fabolous hiking experience while hiking from the colourful rhododendron forests. If you come here on the Spring season you see various types of the colourful rhododendron trees on the way to Langtang Valley trek.
- Best chance to taste the local food and products like the Champa porridge, buckwheat bread, yak cheese and meat if possible.
- The incredible hospitality of the local Tamang people who live on the trekking trails of the Langtang.
- Tamang people and their cultures, trekkers can see the many monasteries, Chorten, mani walls prayer flags on the hiking journey.
- Visit the Langtang village and Kyanjin Gompa village
- Hike to Kyanjin Ri and Tserko Ri to see the stunning view of Langtang Lirung 7,234 M, Langtang RI 7,205 M, Dorje Lakpa 6,966 M, Loenpo Gang 6,907 M, Changbu 6,781 M, Gangchenpo 6,387 M, Morimoto 6,150 M, Yala peak 5,520 M and many other peaks. If the weather is good then you can also see the few parts of Mt Sisapamba.
Langtang Trek best time
Langtang trek best time is without any arguments autumn and spring seasons. Off course, for the great experience best time to visit the Langtang is Autumn season time. Time matters the trek beauty and pleasure. That is the reason trekkers should know which is the right time to trek. The table below helps you to choose the best time of the year to trek in Langtang.
How to go Langtang Trek
How do I get from Kathmandu to Langtang?well, You will have a two options to go langtang trek. Dhunche or Sybrubensi is a trekking starting point. The trek starts point syabrubensi is 123 km north from Kathmandu which might takes about 7 to 8 hours by local bus or little less by Jeep
1.Travel by local bus
To trek to Langtang valley trekkers must travel to Syabrubensi or Dhunche. The road has been building and upgrading so there is pretty much dust on the way. Due to the construction process sometimes we might get traffic jam also. Early in the morning, the local bus leaves from Machhapokahari Kathmandu. It is better to start early in the morning because if sometimes, the bus get’s some problem during the travel, you will have many options to take another one. You should adjust the locality in the bus because they often stop for the local passenger. They stop often and over people is very normal. Even in the passage, they put the passenger as much as they can
2. Travel by private transport jeep
If you wish to go by private jeep then it is cool and better options for the travellers although it is quite expensive. Travelling by jeep is totally flexible to you, you can stop often and travel. Your trek Guide and porter also travel with you. It might take a little bit less time than the local bus. You can stop at any time if you like to take some photos during the travel.
How difficult is Langtang Trek
Well, there are many people who are wondering about How difficult is Langtang Trek, before they start the trek or prior to coming in Nepal for their Langtang trek. It is a very good idea to know how difficult is Langtang Trek in general.
Moderate grade trek
This is moderate grade trek of Nepal, which means it is not that much difficult not that easy also. the trek requires some climbing as well as per day walking of 10-12 KM on the rough terrain. There are different trek routes in Langtang but here we are talking about Langtang Trek itself. This trek requires fully 5 days walks. you can extend your trek by adding a Sight-trip or continuing trek to Gosainkunda then to Helambu as well.
No technical climb
Langtang trek does not require any technical climb, the trail is very good until Kyanjin Gompa. if you want to explore it a bit more on mountainside then you need to climb some technical as well such as glaciers walking and so on. Otherwise, the trek does not have a technical climb
No previous walking or trekking experience is required
Normally if you want to do some challenging trek like, Everest 3 Passes trek or Manaslu Trek it would be good if you have a previous walking experience in a mountain, however doing this trek does not require any previous walking experience. You can be experienced by walking on this route. 5-6 Hours for 12-15 KM walking is the normal walking with 500-900 Meter accent under 4000 Meter Kyanjin, The Hiking to Kyanjin Ri is about 4700 Meter.
How long is the Langtang Trek?
Many of the trekkers wonder how long it will take to do the Langtang Trek. The trek time depends on the place you visit. Generally, it takes about a week more or less if you do the Langtang Trek. The Langtang trek is also known as a Langtang Valley Trek. Trekkers can also do the Tamang Heritage Trail and Gosaikunda trek while doing the Langtang Trek. This increases the trek time and becomes 2 weeks or more.
Langtang Trek map
Maps are always very essential for the trek in Nepal. The maps help you to find out which location are you heading and information about the elevations. Whether you have a guide or not, having the handy pocket maps help you to know many things. There are many types of Map in the market about the Langtang Trek, You can easily find them in the Thamel. The more detailed maps cost you more than the smaller scale and fewer details. If you want to see the dynamic maps which show the location of the trek area and the mountain’s name then please visit the Langtang trek map here. See Langtang Trek map on google
Langtang Trek 5 days
langtang Trek 5 days is very fast and straight trek to the Langtang valley to see the Langtang Mountains and it’s beauty. Although langtang valley needs some more days. This is for the trekkers who wants to explore the Langtang Himalayas within a short period of time. Langtang Trek 5 days is targeted for the anyone who have a short period of time but still want to do the trek.We have given you the Langtang Trek 5 Days itinerary here below.
Langtang trek 5 Days Itinerary
Langtang trek 5 Days Itinerary means you have just 5 days to walk but in-fact this is 7 days trip. 2 Days driving from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi then to Kathmandu also included on this trip, but this is 5 days langtang trek.
- Day 01: Drive to Syabrubensi 7-8 Hours
This is your first day of trip which begins drive to Syabrubensi. You can actually use either Bus or Jeep. The Private jeep is more relaxing and comfortable as compare to local bus. The drive offers you magnificent view of Countryside
- Day 02: Trek to Lama hotel 2380 Meter
The trek starts crossing the Bhotekosi river to turn the langtang valley. The trail climbs gently through the bank of Langtang River, crossing the forest and mesmerizing landscape, you will reach the Lama Hotel where you spent a Night here.
- Day 03: Trekking to Langtang Village from Lama Hotel
The beautiful hike starts from walking to the bank of Langtang River until the valley get’s the wider to Ghoda Tabela. You will see the langtang Lirung for the first time from here. Heaving lunch here, you further walk 2 hours to get the Langtang village, Overnight at Langtang Village
- Day 04: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3900 Meter then hike to Kyanjin Ri 4800 Meter
Early in the morning, we trek to Kyanjin Gompa village, on the time of trek we can see many peaks that stands a long with the valley. It takes about 3 Hours to Kyanjin Gompa. Arriving Here in Kyanjin we take the pack lunch then starts our hike to Kyaanjin Ri. If the weather is good then we can see the Marimatto, Langtang lirung, Langtang ri, Gangchenpo and many other surrounding peaks.
- Day 05: Trek Back to Lamahotel
Now, we need to decent down the way that we came to here, with the stunning view we will follow the river bank path to the Lama Hotel. Overnight at Lamahotel
- Day 06: Hike down to Syabrubensi
Crossing the dense forest we continuously trek down until the Syabrubensi
- Day 07: Drive to Kathmandu and finish the Trip
Langtang trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and trekking preparation
We Welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport then transfer to your hotel, then we discus and preparation of your trek. Equipment management work need to be done this day
- Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi 1500 Meter, 6-7 Hours
You will drive to Machhapokhari bus park. Here you get the local bus to go Syabrubensi. This bus often stops for the passenger. you will be able to see nice scenery mountains like Mt. Annapurna II, Manasalu, Ganesh Himal and other minor peaks along the route and as well as green scenery of hillock. The driving is quite difficult for now because of road construction is going on. All the vehicle stop at Trisuli bazaar for the lunch. This is almost halfway to Syabrubensi. There will be checked post before you reach to Syabru where you get Langtang national park Permit.
- Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel 2380 Meter, Estimated time is 6-7 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent uphill
This is your first day of the trek, This is quite difficult for all trekkers because your leg needs to be adjusted for a long time walking. You will trek contentiously through the bank of Langtang river along with subtropical forest which is cover by oak and maple, massive spruce, fir, blue pine and rhododendron forest. If we are lucky enough we can see some wildlife as well such as monkey, yellow-throat-ed martens. We will do lunch at bamboo. After lunch, the trail becomes more steep and more accent to Lama Hotel
- Day 04: Trek to Langtang Village 3540 M, 7-8 Hours
Early in the morning, we start the trek, The trail climbs gradually climbs through the thick forest. During the trek, we pass the forests of hemlocks, oaks, maples and white and pink rhododendrons high above the Langtang Khola. With the view of Langtang Lirung (7244m). The trail crosses the river and multiple hills before the giant landslides of Langtang. After crossing the Langtang landslides we will be at the campsite.
- Day 05: Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa 3870 Meter, Estimated time is 3-4 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent, Estimated distance 6-7 KM
Today is our Easiest day. We need to walk through the Yak pasture field and buckwheat terrace, you can see the other side of the valley’s forest destroyed by the storm of Avalanche. You can see some peaks while you walk towards Kyanjin Gompa.
Kyanjin Gompa is the village where you see the hotels mostly, There is a bakery shop and where they make also different types of coffee, You can see the Ganjala Peak and many other peaks from here. There is flat land in the north of Kyanjin Gompa. We stay here for two nights.
- Day 06: Rest Day at Kyanjin Gompa and we hike to Kyanjin Ri 4800 Meter, 4-5 Hours time needed.
It is rest and explores day. We will bring you to the Kyanjin ri to see the beautiful Langtang Himalayan range, it is 3 hours hike to the top of Kyanjin Ri, From here you can see the Langtang Lirung, Marimatto, Ganjala peak and many more. You will be able to see the whole valley from here, We can see also glaciers of Langtang Lirung from here
- Day 07: Trek back to Lama Hotel 2300 Meter, 6-7 Hours time needed.
From today we begin to go down valley, We follow the same way to go Down, Crossing the langtang villlage, Ghoda Tabela we reach to Lama Hotel. Stay Overnight Here
- Day 08: Syabrubensi is our ultimate destination today , 6-7 Hours time needed. Mostly Decent
The trek is quite difficult today cause we have to go down, The decent is harder because of the irregular stone and small moraines after Lamahotel. We need to walk through forest and we can reach syabrubensi by 2-3 o clock. we stay overnight here
- Day 09: Drive back to kathmandu and the trek is over
- Day 10: We will drop you in Airport or if you have day you can also stay and sightseeing, or do another activities.
Langtang trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Langtang National park permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Langtang trek cost
Langtang trek cost depends on the service that you want to pay for. If you want to have a more luxurious trekking holiday then it would be expensive but if you choose the budget trip then it would be less costly. In a budget trip, the Langtang trek cost would be around 560$ per person if you are travelling 2 people. If you are single then it would be more expensive. This cost includes accommodation, food, guide and porter with the local transportations. If you want to be more comfortable then you can hire the Jeep from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and back to Kathmandu which cost would be 300$ for two ways.
Frequently asked question Regarding Langtang Trek
We have gathered some common problem which are often asked by tourist before they go to Langtang.
When is the best season to do Langtang trek?
October and November is consider as a best month to trek here but March and April also best month, March and April is flower blooming season, in this time different types of Rhododendron and magnolia blooms. it is pretty to see a whole forest when it is full of forest. You can do trek whole year but June, July is rainy season and December , January is winter season
How long do I have to walk per day and how difficult is langtang Trek?
Generally, During this trek 6-7 hours maximum walk is required but the walk is not on plain land, you need to climb stairs and steps. Altitude impacts on difficulty, if you are going higher altitude it is difficult and vise versa
How difficult is this trek?
Generally, During this trek 6-7 hours maximum walk is required but the walk is not on plain land, you need to climb stairs and steps.
|S.N||Mountain we can see|
|1||Langtang lirung 7,234 M|
|2||Langtang ri 7,205 M|
|3||Dorje Lakpa 6,966 M|
|4||Loenpo Gang 6,907 M|
|5||Changbu 6,781 M|
|6||Gangchenpo 6,387 M|
|7||Morimoto 6,150 M|
|8||Yala peak 5,520 M|
Read Our Review
Langtang trek facts
- Duration:9-10 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Max Height4920 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Land Transfer
Ask for the trek
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Why you’ll love this trip?
This is one of the short and easy trek of Nepal
After the devastating Nepal earthquake, The langtang Valley needs tourist for their better life, because tourism is main income source of Langtang People
Perhaps you can encounter troops of Grey Langur Monkeys, Himalayan blue ship as you pass through the rhododendron forest
You can Learn about the Tamang culture and enjoy the landscapes of the Himalaya from a local leader and their fantastic assistants and porters. They’ll make your experience of Nepal truly mesmerizing.
You can see many peaks which are above 6500 Meter from sea level, such as Marimatto, Langtang Lirung, ganjala peak and so on