Dhaulagiri Circuit trek An exciting and adventurous trekking through the off the beaten path to surround the Mt. Dhaulagiri 8,167 Meter. This is a challenging trek that is why less people do it every year. The beauty of the Dhaulagiri massif can not be described in words. It can be seen and felt by the eyes when you are there to explore Dhaulagiri. The terrain is quite hard, which is why it is suitable for the people who are energetic and strong enough. The lack of proper accommodation is another difficulty for the trekkers that is why it can be either camping trek or camping plus tea house trek. Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek route through snow-covered slopes terrain, icy glaciers, and rocky moraine routes that is why it is quite challenging to do it for everyone.
The gigantic beautiful peak around 8,167 Meters and known as the Sixth highest mountain of the earth. The Dhaulagiri Circuit trek combines the collections of the beauty of the Both Kali Gandaki Valley and Mygdi River valley and goes crossing through the settlements of these two valleys. The Dhaulagiri Circuit is less travelled and explored regions as compared to other treks of Nepal. The diversified lush landscape, hidden valleys and high mountain passes let you cross the Dhaulagiri pass which is your ultimate destination of this trek. You can see Mt. Dhaulagiri range and many other peaks while doing the Dhaulagiri Circuit trek such as Annapurna Range as well.
The Dhaulagiri Circuit trek is challenging because of the two high passes such as French pass 5360 Meters and Dhampus pass 5234 Meters, before that you will have an excellent trek from Durbag to the pass. You will start your trek from Durbang village of the myagdi then the trek goes through the different villages such as a Muri, Chariban, Salghari, Italian base camp then Dhaulagiri base camp. You can also explore the flora and fauna of the Dhaulagiri region on the way to trek. Another attraction of the trek is the local people magar, gunrung who live on the trekking trail area and their unique cultures and traditions.
The Dhaulagiri Circuit trek passes three base camps, Italian Base Camp, Dhaulagiri Base Camp, and Japanese Base Camp. The different climbers set up their climbing camps that is why these are named with different nationality camps here in Dhaulagiri. The trails are quite challenging as well as sometimes we have to also use the ropes because of the moving glaciers. You can have a great view of Dhaulagiri Icefall from Dhaulagiri base camp. The ice falls comes from the North-east col of Dhaulagiri, between tukuche peak and Dhaulagiri Massif. The trails are not that easy because of ice and glacier moraines. Trekkers have to trek slowly to french pass 5360 meters from Dhaulagiri Base camp which is highest of the trek, now the trail goes to the hidden valley, a dangerous area of this trek before they do Dhampus pass to arrive at the beautiful village of Mustang Marpha on the way to Annapurna circuit trek trail
The challenging trek Dhaulagiri circuit is undoubtedly marvellous and adventurous as well. This might be your best adventure holiday in Nepal. Nepal Trek Hub is here to help you to achieve this adventurous achievement with our friendly guide and experienced and strong sherpa and porters. We are committed to making your Dhaulagiri circuit trek lifetime memorable.
Table of contents
Dhaulagiri circuit trek highlights
Dhaulagiri circuit trek highlights include such a things which are mentioned below on the list
- Scenic drive or fly to Pokhara, then drive to Durbang Beni
- The abundant observation of Flora and fauna of the Mygdi river valley
- Magnificent terrace filled
- Gurung village, gurung cultures traditions and cultures, you can also see the brahmin and Chhetri people on the way to trek.
- Splendid view of Dhaulagiri 8167 Meter, Gurja peak, Dhaulagiri ii, Dhaulagiri III, Tukuche peak and many other peaks.
- Adventure trekking to the High passes such as French pass 5360 Meter and Dhampus pass 5234 Meter staying at the hidden valley.
- Many glaciers and Ice Falls on the way to Dhampus pass
- Trekking through the icy, moraine trekking trails
- Magnificent view of Annapurna range including Nilgiri and many other peaks from Yak Kharka
- Beautiful villages of Thakali people Marpha and Jomsom
Dhaulagiri circuit trek best time/season
Dhaulagiri circuit trek best time or season plays a very big role on a successful trip and also experience. If you go Dhaulagiri circuit trek n you must choose the best time otherwise it is quite harder to you so let’s see the months what it looks like. We recommend you only two seasons for this trek.
Spring season (March, April and May)
The spring season is best for mountaineering and also second-best season for mountain hiking and trekking activities. The sky is very open and the alpine forest gets different types of flowers. There are less chances of raining in this season. The mountains get many trekkers in the season so Dhaulagiri circuit trek is also possible and trekkers can get the best experience. Due to high passes and the necessity to stay in a hidden valley, it is very important to get good weather.
Autumn season (September, October and November)
The best of the best season to do trekking in Nepal Himalaya. The weather generally is very excellent at this time, sunny and the medium temperature. You can trek anywhere at this time but in some cases, the weather can change anytime. But in general, the weather is very nice at this time. The down valley is filled with rice terraced and different types of crops. People of Nepal celebrate their biggest festival at this time. The whole Nepal gets very good weather. Mountain exploration is best to do at this time without any doubt.
Winter season (December, January and February)
This is not a good season for trekking. Most of the time it rains and the trails get’ a lot of leeches and floods and landslides. The views are not good at this time. You can do Mustang and Dolpo trek this time because it lies in the trans-Himalayan region.
Monsoon season (June , July and August)
the coldest season of Nepal. Adventure trekking is very risky at this time. You can still do the trek but the snowfall can happen any time. The weather can be changed at any time as well. The view is not that good at this time. Short trekking can be done this time such as a Poon Hill Trek, Mardi Himal trek and so on. Adventure trekking like this is not appropriate to do at this time of the year.
Dhaulagiri circuit trek difficulty
Dhaulagiri circuit trek difficulty is strenuous. The dhaulagiri circuit trek requires very good physical strength as well as strong determinations to complete the Dhaulagiri Circuit trek. The trek begins at Durbang village of Mygadi and Ends at the Marpha Mustang. The climbing is not that easy and the trail is also quite difficult. Due to the two passes and the overnight stay in the hidden valley, the Dhaulagiri circuit trekking is absolutely difficult. Ice walking and the moraines walking is very common in this trek. The frequent weather change is another challenging part of this trek and the strong winds that blow in the past and hidden valley are like the biggest obstacles for the trekkers. The two high passes are French Pass 5360 meters and Dhampus Pass 5234 meters which you need to cross in just two days which circles the Mt.Dhaulagiri and Tukuche peak. Sometimes you need to also put the rope to walk because the glaciers structures change the trails often. There are no tea houses from Dhaulagiri Base camp which means all the food and bedding must be carried up there by porters and also it is quite harder for you because of the sleeping in the tent. In the night if the wind blows a lot it is very cold up there because you are staying 4-5 nights above 4500 Meter altitude but the beauty of Dhaulagiri is absolutely incredible.
Dhaulagiri circuit trek route
The Dhaulagiri Circuit trek route was first discovered by a French team in the 1950s. That is the reason why there is a french pass 5360 Meter. The pass is named by the french pass. Down from the french pass there is a valley which is known as a hidden valley.The dhaulagiri circuit trek route passes the several villages like Durbang, Muri, boghara, dobang, Sallaghari, Italian base camp, glaciers camp, Dhaulagiri base camp, french pass, hidden valley, dhampus pass then finally to marpha. During this route, you have to acclimatize popper so there are some more days to trek in the Dhaulagiri Circuit trek.
Dhaulagiri circuit trek cost
Dhaulagiri Circuit trek cost depends on what kind of service you want for? In Dhaulagiri circuit trek you need to do a camping trek, of course, the camping trek is quite expensive as compared to tea house because of the more porters and the food as well as the tent and other stuff that need to be arranged. But there are options to minimize the cost. You can also do tea/house or homestay until Sallaghari. From there onwards you should do Camping, here is the Dhaulagiri circuit trek cost details.
|Date||Spring season(Must be a 2 person)||Autum season(Must be a 2 person)|
|October 3, 2020||2750 USD||2750 USD|
|October 20, 2020||2750 USD||2750 USD|
|October 26, 2020||2750 USD||2750 USD|
Dhaulagiri circuit trek itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to you hotel
Upon your arrival at kathmandu international airport, we will pick up you and drive together to the hotel, where there will be a trip briefing as well as trek preparation and gear check up and hiring the insufficient gear or buy
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing by private vehicle with tour guide.
Today you will do Kathmandu sightseeing with our tour guide in Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath temple, Boudhanath temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square. All these historical sites are listed in world heritage sites. Nepal Trek Hub has to prepare all the stuff for the trekking such as shopping and tenting as well as porter arrangements.
- Day 03: Drive to Beni 850 meter and stay at the hotel.
From today your trek begins with us having breakfast together to drive to Beni with your trekking crew, it might take 9-10 hours to reach Beni, during the drive you will have a fantastic view of the countryside.
- Day 04: Trekking to Babiachour (950m) 5-6 hours.
Today you will start your trek by trekking to Babiachour, Beni is a small town and district administration office of myagdi, You will follow the bank of the Myagdi river to go to Dhaulagiri Trek. The trail goes forward to upstairs through the Mangalghat and Tatopani (Hotsprings). Often we need to cross the river and walk 1 hour more to get to Simalchaur. From here we continue to trek further to the village of Babiachour. Overnight at tent
- Day 05: Trek to Dharapani (1400m) Duration: 6 hrs
As we start our trek we can see the rice terrace on both sides of the valley which is separated by the Mygdi River, you will pass the wonderful trails seeing the diversified landscape and terrace and reach to Shahashradhara then cross the Dudh Khola to arrive at the Ratorunga villages. From Here the valley becomes narrow and steeper, it takes some time to reach the Dharapani where you do the tented camp here, stay overnight here.
- Day 06: Trek to Muri (1800m) Duration: 5-6 hrs
- Day 07: Trek to Boghara (2080m) from Muri 5-6 hrs
- Day 08: Muri to Dobang (2520m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 09: Dobang to Choriban Khola (3110m) 5-6 hrs
- Day 10: Choriban Khola to Italian Base Camp (3660m) Duration: 6-7 hrs
- Day 11: Acclimatization and rest day at Italian Base camp
- Day 12: Trekking to Glacier Camp (4210m) from Italian base camp 5-6 hrs
- Day 13: Glacier base camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4740m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 14: Acclimatization and Rest Day at Dhaulagiri Base camp
- Day 15: Accent to French Pass (5360m) then trek down to Hidden Valley (5200m) Duration: 7-8 hrs
- Day 16: Final accent to Dhampus Pass (5200m), and trek down to Yak Kharka (3680m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 17: Trek to Jomsom (2710m) from Yak Kharka 6-7 Hours
- Day 18: Fly to Pokhara (910m) and stay at pokhara.
- Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Day 20: Departure
Dhaulagiri circuit trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days camping trek
- All the tent for kithen, dinning, member and toilet tent
- Required, sherpa and porter for the entire trekking
- private veichle from Kathmandu to beni
- Flight ticket to Pokhara from Jomsom
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Annapurna conservation Area project permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accmmodiation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in B/B Basis.
- All expenses of the Nepal Trek Hub staffs (Guides/Porters/sherpa) that includes their Food, Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your trek.
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Read Our Review
Dhaulagiri Trek Facts
- Duration:20 Days
- Accommodation: Tented trek
- RegionDhaulagiri, Annapurna
- MealsFull Board on trek
- altitude5360 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transport:Private Vehicle, flight
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you’ll Dhaulagiri trek?
Splendid view of Dhaulagir mountain ranges which includes Dhaulagiri 8,167 Meter, Dhaulagiri II, Dhaulagiri III, Dhaulagiri IV, Gurja Peak, Tukuche peak, Dhampus peak
Adventure pass and experince on sleeping on 5200 Meter, French pass 5360 Meter and Dhampus pass 5234 Meter, Hidden valley
Opportunity to learn the local lifestyle, their culture and traditions.
Exploration to the Mygdi River valley
Splendid view, of Annapurna mountain ranges, as well as Nilgiri peak
Explorations of the Marpha village and Jomsom Village