Kathmandu Valley Tour
Kathmandu valley tour 1 day is the best day tour in Kathmandu to know the history culture, religion of Nepal within a very short time frame. In this 1 day Kathmandu tour we will take you to the 4 best popular world heritage sites of Kathmandu. The Kathmandu city has a glorious history 1000 years back. The Kathmandu city is also known as a city of history and architecture. The city of temple Kathmandu tour is one of the things to observe while you come to Nepal. With full of pagoda style Hindu temple and Boudha Stupa, the city is magnificent to see. The oldest temple is Pashupatinath, which is one of the oldest temple and a great pilgrimage place for Hindu devotees. Located in the elevation of 4600 feet Kathmandu geographically bowl-shaped. There are 4 popular hill stations around Kathmandu valley, they are Shivapuri, Nagarjun, Chandragiri and Fulchowki. You can also hike here, from here you can see the Langtang Himalayan range if the weather is good.
The Kathmandu valley is historically termed as “Nepal Mandala”. The city was home of Newar people in the past but Nowadays it is home of the all ethnic group and cast. The city is the main capital for entire Nepal. Kathmandu city is divided into 3 different cities. Each of this city has it’s own importance and history. If you have more days to see then it is better to see all these 3 cities shortly. Bhaktapur is one of the oldest city of Kathmandu valley which is located in the east of Kathmandu valley.
Pashupatinath Temple is one of the most sacred and biggest Hindu temples of Nepal. The Hindu temple Pashupatinath lies on both banks of Bagmati River on the eastern outskirts of Kathmandu. The Lord shiva is the main god of Pashupatinath but there are other god and deities temples too. The temples are highly appreciated by both Nepali and Indian peoples. Normally for a Hindu people it is one of the goals of life to arrive here to get the blessing from the Pashupatinath lord shiva. The Bagmati river is one of the biggest cremation areas of Hindu people which is in front of Pashupatinath temple. Some people who come here before their death and wait for it, be cremated on bank of the Bagmati River. You can learn Hindu religion, cultures and tradition being here but you may also don’t like it because of the death cremation here.
One of the oldest stupa of the Kathmandu valley which is known as a Boudhanath Stupa. In another name it is also called as Jharung Khashor. Which means from the king it is blessed to someone to build this stupa. The historical evidence shows that the stupa was built on 5th Century. The Boudhanath Stupa is one of the largest and attractive stupa around the world. All Buddhist from the globe worship this stupa. Buddhist believes that whoever prostrates and circles the stupa with a pure heart, creates good karma which means their wishes comes at a fulfillment. You can see the Tibetan Buddhism as well as many monasteries around it. You can step on above the stupa and circle it to see around how it looks like.
Swaymbhunath stupa is another biggest stupa with its importance located in the west from the Center of Kathmandu is on the hillock. Known as a monkey temple among the foreigners it is another attraction for the tourist to see. The major thing here you can see is Basabandhu Stupa, Shantipur Bihar, Dipankar Buddha statue, Pratappur, Anantapur, Biggest bajra, Azima temple, different statue of Bhairav and the beautiful dome style shrine. You can see the most of Kathmandu valley from the yard of Swyambhunath stupa so this is not to miss on your visit
Kathmandu Durbar Square
The Kathmandu durbar square is also known as a Basaantapur Durbar Square and Hanuman Dhoka among the locals is one of the best places of Newar people civilization and thing to observe. The kumara temple “Living goddess”, Kashatamandap temple, Shiva Parbati temple, Bishnu temple, hippie temple, white bhairav, Kal Bhirav, Taleju temple, Vasudev temple and many other temples around here to see. The durbar square itself is a magnificent place to see the wooden architecture and Nepalese buildings who they used to build in the past 2-3 hundreds of years ago.
Why you will Like Kathmandu valley Tour
- Kathmandu valley Tour is to understand the cultural, historical and religious surface of Nepal and helps to understand how is Nepal?
- If you take the mountain flight you will have an opportunity to see Mt. Everest Region Himalaya, Langtang Himalayan range where you can see the tallest Himalayan mountain range of earth by one-hour scenic flight
- Visitors are visiting the world heritage sites of Kathmandu where they can observe Nepal Religion, culture and history.
What to expect from Kathmandu valley tour
- The Trip experience might differs as per the weather, if the weather is good then you can enjoy the sightseeing very well.
- Pasupatinath temple is quite sad to see because you will definitely see the Hindu cremation
- With the Demand of itinerary, you need to wake of sometime early as well. For example, if you are going to Mountain flight then you must wake up early in the morning
What might be the exceptional case on Kathmandu valley tour
- There might be a traffic jam while we drive.
- Weather is unpredictable
- The facility differs as per your plan and standard of travel plan
Please get the suggestion from Nepal Trek Hub regarding the wearing and rain gears if you are coming here on monsoon.
Kathmandu valley tour itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and briefing about Kathmandu valley tour
Welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport then transfer to your hotel then discus and preparation of your trip.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Kathmandu valley sightseeing
First, pashupatinath temple
Second, Boudhanath temple
Kathmandu Durbar square
- Day 03: Departure
Kathmandu valley tour includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- Tour guide during the Sightseeing
- Tour guide during Hiking
- Private vehicle with A/C
- Airport Transfer
- Kathmandu sightseeing by tour guide with private veichle
- Domestic Airport Transport
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and also during the hike
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Read Our Review
Kathmandu valley tour
- RegionAround Kathmandu
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Private veichle
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company