Nar Phu valley trek is unique, wild and remote trek of Annapurna region. Often people calls it Nar Phu trek for easiness. This is also known as a hidden gem of Annapurna. There are two villages popular in this region. Nar a big village before Kang la pass and Phu village in front of Himlung mountain. Very fewer people do Nar Phu valley trekking as compare to Annapurna circuit. This trek begins from the Annapurna circuit trail and arrives at Annapurna circuit Ngwal. You can continue to Annapurna circuit or come back to Besisahar and finish the trek. Nar Phu Valley Trekking is beautiful and unique cultures, natures, religious and typical lifestyle exploration trekking in Nepal and hidden valley trekking
Narphu trek be done with Annapurna circuit or without Annapurna circuit. This makes your trip longer or shorter. 12 Days is the minimum time frame and the maximum is up to you. You can do trek more than 12 days as per your needs. You can even do Annapurna circuit trek and Tilicho trek from here. This trek is a mixed combination of visiting remote villages of Nar Phu region, views of magnificent mountain peaks, Countless yaks and yak pastures, narrow and colourful gorges, the glacier of peaks, High and quite difficult Kang la pass. People also call it Kang la pass trek because you need to crosses the Kang la pass 5,320 meters. Not only the natural aspects but also cultural and friendliness of local people here. phu village Nepal is a spectacular with cultural aspects so as Nar village
Table of contents
Narphu trek highlights
narphu trek highlights include the following things that we have mentioned here
- Nar phu trek duration:This trek duration may vary as per clients need the minimum time required is 12 Days from Arrival to Departure. If you have very limit time 12 Days would be ok, but if you have more time then you can do Annapurna circuit also which needs 20 Days from Arrival to departure.
- nar phu valley trek Max. Altitude: Kang la pass 5320 Meter
- Trek Grade: Challenging
- Best time of Nar phu trek Certainly October and November month are the best season of trekking in Nepal so as Nar phu as well. but this is not always possible for all trekkers. Managing your time there are another months as well which is also beautiful to trek here. March april is also known as a best season for the trek in Nar phu valley. As a trekker, It is always good to know in which moth the weather becomes what. Here is the short information of best time to Manaslu trekking
- Manaslu trek fixed departure: Nepal Trek Hub can offer you This Nar phu trekking any time of the year. You should manage your time in your appropriate time. But Keep things on your mind that you have to be at least 2 people to go to Nar phu valley trek. Due to Nepal Government Law to obtain permit at least 2 people group is needed. When we get the inquiry of single people we try to find the people who can share the permit. We try with out best however, We can not give you guarantee that we always find people, but we try. If you are 2 person we easily can make your own plan on your dates and wish. we can specially tailor your holiday to make it lifetime memorable.
- Nar Phu valley trek gear list/ Equipment: Nepal Trek Hub suggest you the list of gear for trekking on the time of guest corresponding. You can prepare yourself with base of these suggestion. If you can not complete gear/equipment or could not manage due to time we are here to help you. You can get gear in Kathmandu, buy or rental both are possible
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Transporting your daily luggage while you are on trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you. This will be carried out by our teams porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Besisahar there is local bus service. There are two types of bus, one is Micro Bus another is Big Bus. There are local jeep to Koto or you can reserve the jeep. Finding a sharing jeep is quite difficult but sometimes you can get that as well. After you arrive the chame you need again take the jeep to besisahar or you can keep trek continue to Annapurna circuit. From Muktinath you can take the jeep or Bus to Tatopani. Tatopani to ghorepani you can do trek or keep travelling on bus or jeep to Pokhara.
During 12 Days time frame you will travel through the bus and jeep going to Koto and coming back from Pisang to Kathmandu
In contrast if you do Annapurna circuit you can enjoy more landscape as well as Nature and you can cross the Thorong la pass. Don’t worry about the time we can as per your needs and with your time constraint. we always give you a best itinerary
Nar Phu trek preparation
This is a quite challenging and remote trek, you need to do some planning before you come to trek. There are so many components which can be vital for the successful of trek. There are some certain thing you need to think about it, What do should you need to prepare? What information should you need to obtain? We hope this page will help you to get all the answer. if not please give us a
Step-1: Determine how many days will you do trek?
At the the first stage of your Nar phu trek preparation, you need to calculate your time duration, how many days trek you can do as per your time frame? Do you only want to do Nar phu trek or Annapurna circuit also. how many days in Kathmandu and pokhara. You need to spent at least one day in Kathmandu before you start your trek because of Permit work. The immigration office only issue the permit after validation and seeing your original passport. One day it takes generally or even during the day you can start and stay at Arughat by Jeep
Step-2: Know more about Nar phu trek
It is always very good to get the pre-information as much as you can before your trek, Nepal Trek Hub presented some information which might be very important for you.
- Trek Grade: This is quite challenging type of trek, you need to know more about your trek grade, get some information regarding
- AMS: Altitude Mountain Sickness is always concern who do the trek in mountain. This can be very dangerous if people doesn’t care. There are two types of AMS. Ultimately they impacts very badly on human body. Before it get’s worst you need to be careful. Get More Information About altitude mountain sickness, This Trek has a a lot of chances of Altitude mountain sickness. Read about the for more information and be prepare for your trip
- Nepal Visa: Most of us have a question to get the Nepal visa. It is very simple to get visa. If your city does have a Nepal embassy would be very easier for you. if not you can get here in Nepal as well. If you need more information regarding Nepal Visa Please go through Nepal Immigration official website Nepal Immigration or you can also go through our website
- Gear list This trek requires a good gear list, You need to bring gear to do trek with very easily. The gears plays a very vital role for successful of your trek. Please try to get all gear from your country which makes you easier. insufficient gear you may also find in Kathmandu as well. If you are willing to hire a sleeping bag or other stuff, you can hire in Kathmandu, We will help you to hire the stuff without deposit in shop. Get some information to prepare yourself
Nar Phu valley trek map
There are so many type of maps in market of Nar Phu valley trek. Narphu is exclusive on Annapurna circuit and it is included or sight trip of Annapurna circuit so basically when you buy Annapurna circuit map there you find Nar phu as well. These map are published by different publisher of Nepal. Map may different as per publisher, Some Na phu trek map have many information while other may have less. You can get map in online shopping platform as well.
If you want to buy the map in Kathmandu there are Himalayan Map, Nepal map house. If you want to get the big scale with details map which cost is more than normal map. You can choose as per your wish but make sure that the proper information you seek are in the map, Such as distance in KM, Time in Hours. We advice you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in pocket. We will give you a map as complementary service.
Nar phu valley trek itinerary
- Day 01:Arrival at Kathmandu 1350m/4428ft.
On arrival at Tribhuvan International airport, you’ll be pick up then transfer to the hotel together. We talk about trekking and preparation for the trekking, such as a buying and renting the stuff for trekking
- Day 02:Sightseeing day at Kathmandu
We do sightseeing in Kathmandu. There is a place like Pashupatinath where you can see Hindu culture. Another spot is Kathmandu durbar square, where you can see the history of Nepal. Boudhanath and Swaymbhunath is Buddhist pilgrimage site. we do sightseeing there as well. all this mentioned place are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
At the same time today your permits for the trekking would be ready for tomorrow.
If you like to stay just free you cal also do like that. This day if for permit work. After we finish the permit work you can drive to Besisahar as well.
- Day 03:Kathmandu to koto
Kathmandu Elevation: 1350 Meter Koto Elevation :2,610 Meter Elevation gain: 1300 meters Approx Mode of Travel:By Bus/ jeep Trail Accent/decent Accent/ decent both Time Whole day
Trek staff will come to pick up you at your hotel, then you together go to buspark to get the bus to Besisahar. The besisahar is 135 KM from Kathmandu. On the way to besisahar you can see the Trisuli and Marshyandri River. Marshyandri river is from Annapurna circuit and from Nar Phu as well.
When you arrive to Besisahar, you change the bus and take the Jeep to go Koto. Driving through tha deep valley a long with Marshyandri river is amazing experience. You can see trekkers doing trek to Annapurna circuit and some village like Syange,Jagat, Chamje, Tal, Dharapani, Danakyou, Timag on the way
Overnight at Koto
- Day 04:Koto to Meta
Koto Elevation :2,610 Meter Meta Elevation :3500 Meter Elevation gain: 900 meters Approx Mode of Travel:Trek Trail Accent/decent Accent mostly Time 8-9 Hours Trail Distance 23KM-24KM
Start the day early today, as there is quite long distance to walk. Cross the river Marshyandri to enter the Nar Phu valleys. Walking trail passes through beautiful pine forest,and narrow trail of the river often side by side. As the trail climb higer the trees level becomes thinner. As we near from the Meta there is a climbing part which is quite difficult.
- Day 05:Meta to Phu
Meta Elevation :3500 Meter Phu Elevation :4,250 Meter Elevation gain: 750 meters Approx Mode of Travel:Trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/ Decent Time 7-8 Hours
Walking from meta to phu village, we can see some chorten a long the way. There are numerous chorten. As we leave the Meta near the trail we separate, we can see monastery and deep Georges on colorful land.
Chyaku is next village where we can reach crossing the suspension bridge often. We continue to Keep climbing and reach Kyang. Before Kyang you can see the excellent views of the Annapurna and Pisang Peak and Annapurna II. Rocky trail appears after we pass the phu khola which might takes about 3 hours. colourful chortens appears. Continue walking across a small glacial stream to a larger glacier stream with a half bridge. From here it takes about 1 and half hour to reach phu village, Himlung Himal and other snow peaks is clearly visible from this village.
- Day 06:Rest at Phu village
Phu Village is located in High altitude. As we should cross the Kang la pass it is better to acclimatize and explore the village around here. Phu is an interesting village, and a day here you can well spent. If you are challenge seekers you can hike up to Himlung Base camp. We can see some blue ship around the village far while hike and if we go to himlung base camp we can see more blue ship
- Day 07: Phu to Nar
Phu Elevation :4,250 Meter Nar Elevation :4130 Meter Elevation loss: 100 meters Approx Mode of Travel:Trek Trail Accent/decent Accent mostly Time 8-9 Hours
Trail descends passing many streams and suspension bridges until Mahendra Pul. there is long and high suspension bridge which can be reach by 4 hours walking from Phu. Gorge of Lapche River is very deep to see. We can do lunch here. After lunch the trails ascends passing many Buddhist stupas and chorten. As you climb higher more beautiful mountain peaks are visible. It takes about 2 hours to get Nar villag, on the way you can see yak pasture.
- Day 08: Rest day at Nar
Second scheduled rest day for the acclimatization. You will be exploring Nar village nearby there. As you can also hike up to Kang la phedi as well. this is also beautiful village to relax and see the mountain view.
- Day 09: Kang la pass then Ngwal
Kang la pass :5320 Meter Nar Elevation :4130 Meter Ngwal Elevation :3650 Meter Elevation gain/loss: 1200/1800 meters Approx Mode of Travel:Trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/decent both Time 8-9 Hours
Today is the longest day of Hike, as you start early in the morning around 4 o clock you may be on the top around 10:00. this is totally more exhausted trail but very beautiful. When you arrive near the Kang la phedi you spent a lot of energy. From river the trail climb up so you will have less energy which is the toughest part of the journey. As you reach the Kang la pass you will see the stunning view of Annapurna range. The kangla pass is very narrow and steep cliff with very less area. You go down further 3 Hours to get Ngwal
- Day 10: Ngwal to Pisang
Pisang :3200 Meter Ngwal Elevation :3650 Meter Elevation loss: 400 meters Approx Mode of Travel:Trek Trail Accent/decent Accent/decent both Time 3-4 Hours
As we walk the lower elevation today, you can see the wide range of Annapurna mountain including Annapurna II, III, IV, Gangapurna, Tilicho and many other peak. Overnight at Pisang
- Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu
Today we drive to Kathmandu. First we take the jeep to Beisahar then Bus to Kathmandu
- Day 12:Back to your own country
Nar Phu Valley trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 3 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- ACCAP Permits
- Narphu special control region permit
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- Domestic airport pick up and drop off itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Narphu valley trek FAQ
Below we have presence some Narphu valley trek faq, This faq might be helpful to answer your some question, If you still have question let’s us know by email
Which is the best time to Narphu valley trek?p
Without any doubts, September to November are the first best season to trek. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice and clear. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain.
how many days is Nar phu valley trek?
Generally we have made 12 days plan from arrival to departure, if you want to do Annapurna circuit as well the trek will be longer.
What kind of accommodation in Nar phu trek?
There are very basic tea houses along the route. They provide a basic room for guest. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Is there wifi on Nar Phu trek?
There is no WIFI available everywhere. But in some place they have installed but very slow wifi you can use to connect with your family and friends
Is there enough hotels in Nar Phu valley trek?
There are very less hotels around the route. If there is high season getting a room might be problem sometime. But don’t worry we manage everything accordingly
What is the drinking water on Nar Phu Valley trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
What is the maximum elevation of Nar Phu Valley trek?
kang la pass 5,643 meter is the maximum elevation that you need to reach. This is quite tough day for the trekkers because of long distance and continuously climb
what permit for Nar Phu trek?
Annapurna Conservation Area Project permit and Special permit for Nar phu trek. Nar phu Restricted area project permit for 1 week is about 75$ per week person.
Can I do trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Read Our Review
Nar phu Trek Facts
- Duration:12 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- RegionNar Phu Trek
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Altitude5320 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Land transfer
Contact us for this trip
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Venture into a remote part of Nepal that few travelers get to see
you can enjoy the great views of Annapurna II, Himlung Himal, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak and many other mountains
Observe the Tibetan culture and lifestyle of the area
Visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang Gompa
Witness a Tibetan-derived culture, with unique and colorful prayer stones and monasteries