Gokyo Valley Trek also known as Gokyo RI trek is an amazing trek trail in Everest region. Located in the Everest national park, this is the most tourist attraction zone after Everest base camp trek. Less crowded and amazing view are the main things that have taken the attention of all tourist around the world who come to Nepal for trek adventure. Natural scenes together with the magnificent view of the largest glacier of Nepal Himalayas, Namely Ngozumpa Glacier, The world’s highest peak, Mt. Everest, Mt Makalu and many other peaks are the major things that you see here on this trek.
Gokyo lake trek or Gokyo Valley trek or Gokyo ri trek are the different name to recognize by people. Flying from Kathmandu to Lukla and starting you trek you will find the amazing nature yourself. The fast following Dudh Kosi river and villages. You will find amazing Sherpa cultures in this route and traditions. The Glacial Gokyo Lakes in gokyo trek is a holy pilgrimage place for both Hindu and Buddhists.
The 13 Days Gokyo Lake Trek from Kathmandu to Kathmandu will erase your all tension and brings you in to another life. Enjoying the view of the tallest peak such as Mt Everest, Mt Makalu , Mt Choyou through the walking from Namche, Lukla, Phakding, Dole, Machermo takes you to the your destination Gokyo lake from where you hike to Gokyo ri 5,317 meter to see all the Himalaya in Everest region. Entire Everest Region Mountain can be seen from here very perfectly. Some trekkers do the trek from Everest base camp to Gokyo lake also or vice versa too. There is very popular trekking route here in Everest which is known as Everest High pass trek.
Gokyo Valley trek highlights
- Gokyo valley trek how many days: As you trek very relaxing way, this gokyo lake trek is 11 Days from Kathmandu to Kathmandu and 10 Days trek from Lukla to Lukla. All in all you need 13 Days to do this Gokyo ri trek
- Gokyo Lake Trek: Often people call it gokyo Lake trek because at the end of your trek in Gokyo, There is a Gokyo lake. A lake made from the Glacier water, which is in the Gokyo valley so this is Gokyo lake trek. There are multiple lakes, Gokyo Lakes are actually made up of six bodies of water, or lakes, elevated at an altitude of 4,700 to 5,000m in the Gokyo Valley in Sagarmatha National Park
- Gokyo ri Trek: Gokyo Peak trek or Gokyo Ri trek is the same name for a viewpoint which is at a 5,357 m. Gokyo RI located on the west side of the Ngozumpa glacier, which is the largest glacier in Nepal and reputed to be the largest in the whole Himalayas. Gokyo (4,750 m, 15,583 ft above sea level), at the base of Gokyo Ri, is a small hamlet of a few stone houses and one of the highest settlements in the world. From Gokyo Ri, it is possible to see four 8,000-metre peaks: Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu.
- Gokyo valley trek height: The Maximum height, you will be here on this trek is on the top of Gokyo Ri 5,357 Meter, You will start your trek from 2800 Meter Lukla then 3500 Meter Namche, so you will be acclimatized enough while you trek to Gokyo Valley
- Trek difficulty grade: Strenuous trek, this kind of trekking is about above 5000-meter elevation, in this trek, you will not stay in above that altitude but you will be at the 5,357 Meter height. 6-7 hours walking each day is required on this trek, sometimes especially in wintertime the trail becomes very technical due to ice frozen. Find out
- Best time to Gokyo valley trek: Like other treks of Nepal, 2 season is very good to trek here. The first is September end to November end Then we have second is March, April and May which is another second-best season. You need to find out which is the best time to trek in Nepal
- Gokyo valley Trek fixed departure: We can not give the grantee that we always have fixed departure for Gokyo Valley Trek. Nepal Trek Hub can offer you this trip any time of the year. Even if we don’t have a fixed departure group we can send you individually at the same price. This is very good for you and you can enjoy yourself with your time and peace. There is no reason to rush due to other people, you will have customized itinerary.
- Trek equipment list : Normally you need trekking stuff for this trek. We suggest you to see the Packing list and still if you have question you can inquiry us to Know about the list. We provide the complete information as fast as we can
- Rucksack/Duffel bag: Carrying your trek luggage while you go to Gokyo Valley trek, you should bring a rucksack or duffel bag with you, which will carry by your porter. Please bring the rain cover to protect rain or dust. Usually, porter don’t have protection cover for bag
- Transportation of Gokyo Valley trek: Kathmandu to Lukla You take the flight. We generally say that the flight is from Kathmandu, due to air traffic in Kathmandu sometimes airport also fix your flight from Ramechap. The flight cost is similar but you will charge any amount for transportation. If you fly from Kathmandu then you will have airport transfer by private vehicle.
Gokyo valley trek itinerary
|Day 1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1400 m / 4593 ft|
|Day 2||Kathmandu to Lukla then Phakding||2651 m / 8697 ft||3 – 4 hr|
|Day 3||Namche Bazaar||3438 m / 11279 ft||5 – 6 hr|
|Day 4||Acclimatization day||3700 m / 12139 ft||5 hr|
|Day 5||Dole||3680 m / 12073 ft||5 – 6 hr|
|Day 6||Machhermo||4470 m / 14665 ft||4 hr|
|Day 7||Trek to Gokyo||4800 m / 15748 ft||4 hr|
|Day 8||Hike to Gokyo Ri||5,357 m / 17575 ft||4 hr|
|Day 9||Gokyo to Dole||4110 m / 13484 ft||6 – 7 hr|
|Day 10||Trek to Namche Bazaar||3438 m / 11279 ft||5 – 6 hr|
|Day 11||Trek to Lukla||2860 m / 9383 ft||7 – 8 hr|
|Day 12||Kathmandu||1380 m / 4527 ft||40 min|
Trek cost includes
- Airport Pick up and drop service
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight to Guest and Guide
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- tea house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- TIMS Permits
- First Aid Box
- Everest National Park Permit
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Any meal in Kathmandu
- Any kinds of battery charges, wifi charge, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.(tea, coffe, water, beer, alcohol, wine)
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Gokyo valley trek FAQ
Most of the trekker get’s the too many question before they start the trek. Here we have mentioned some question, and their answer.
Which is the best time to do Gokyo valley trek?
There are 2 best season to trek in Nepal. The first best season of trek here is September to November. The second best season is March – April to trek in Nepal. Because this both season the weather is very nice and clear. You can see the magnificent view of Mountain. The first season September end to November end is best due to post monsoon when there is sunny and Crystal clear weather
Gokyo valley trek how many days?
Here we have mentioned 13 Days trip from Kathmandu to Kathmandu departure, Which means you will spend 2 days in Kathmandu, 10 Days total trek. Longer or shorter itinerary can be made after seeing your time.
What kind of accommodation in Gokyo Valley trek?
There are basic tea houses in the trekking trail in Gokyo valley region. They provide a good room and comfortable bed in standard of Nepal trek. For hot shower, they provide a bucket hot shower to the guest by charging some money or some place they do have a bathroom with solar.
Is there wifi on Gokyo Valley trek?
Yes, There is WIFI service in most of the guest houses. Recharge card you need to buy for the WIFI. Speed of the WIFI is not that good but it is ok to connect with your family and friends
Is there enough accommodation on Gokyo Valley trek?
plenty of hotels are in the route. When there is main season the room might get packed often, and you need to adjust with this. Room sharing is common in this route if you are in odd number person. sometimes the guest house might be full so you need to be very careful. if you can reach earlier would be always good to you. if you are with us we manage everything to you.
What is the drinking water condition on trek?
Yes, There is a availability of Mineral water, every tea houses. It is always not good to drink the mineral water, first it is quite costly to traveler, secondly it is damaging the Eco-system, the water company using a lot of plastic bottles. In a mountain mineral water bottle are a real threat to the environment. We can use the water purifier or water purification tablet and become a responsible traveler
What is the maximum elevation of Gokyo Valley trek?
If you make the accent to Gokyo Ri 5357 meter, this is the highest elevation of this trek, No other place higher than this. If you go to Everest base camp from here then kalapathar is the highest point 5643 Meter.
what permit is for Gokyo Valley trek?
Sagarmatha National Park permit and Khumbu Rural Municipality permit are required, which you will get on the way of your trek, you are required to bring your passport a long with you.
Can I do trek with child
If the child can walk for 6-7 hours, then you can trek with child too. otherwise you need to extend your trek days
Gokyo valley trek facts
- Duration:13 Days
- Accommodation: Tea House
- MealsB,L,D, A
- Max Height5,357 Meter
- Group-Size1-18 Person
Contact us for this trip
Why Nepal Trek Hub
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you like this?
Splendid, Thrilling and scenic flight to Lukla from Kathmandu.
Very perfect view of Everest Himalayan Range from Everest view hotel
You can see the tallest peak such as Mt.Everest, Mt.Makalu, Mt.Lhotse, Mt.Choyou and many other mountains from Gokyo Ri
Friendly and very hospitable sherpa people and their amazing sherpa cultutre
Exploration of Thame monastery hidden valley and Buddhism practicing
Climbing to Gokyo Ri at the elevation of 5,483 m, to see the view