There are two popular trek to Annapurna base camp the first is Annapurna base camp trek 10 days and the second one is Annapurna base camp trek 7 days, beside that trekkers have their own choice and can customize these trek from 7 days to 14 Days. It is best to see the amazing landscape, the unique culture of gurung and magar people, Mt. Annapurna Himalayan range and Mt. Dhulagiri range. This hike is very suitable those who have 2 weeks vacation
Nepal Trek Hub’s Annapurna Base Camp Trek itinerary is for those who is travelling 7 days to 14 days time for trekking in the Annapurna region. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is best hike route for trekkers. It has amazing mountain vistas, landscapes, different type of natural wonders, cultural aspects of local, and Himalayan beauty. As busy and easy trek trail of Nepal, you can also do Short Annapurna base camp trek
Lies in the heart of Annapurna Conservation Area, Annapurna base camp hike has a different route, where you can feel different experience. Annapurna base camp trek is also known as a Annapurna sanctuary trek. It is a easy trek that most of the trekker can do! In particular, the Annapurna region of Nepal is quite famous for being a region of immense natural beauty, wide variety of flora and fauna and amazing Gurung and Magar People culture.
Most of the trekkers start Annapurna base camp trekking
The 10th highest mountain of the world Mt. Annapurna (8091m) and trek reach it’s base camp, which is at the height of 4130m/13549ft is one of the most recreational holiday in Nepal. That is the reason why it is so attractive among diverse outdoor enthusiasts, from a solo traveler to group hikers. You can also visit Annapurna base camp trek blog for the more photos and information.
Table of contents
Annapurna base camp trek highlights
- Trek Duration:Annapurna base camp trek 10 days from Pokhara to Pokhara, 13 Days in total from your Arrival date to Departure date , 9 Days on Trek, 2 Days in Kathmandu and 2 Nights in Pokhara
- Annapurna base camp height Annapurna Base Camp is 4130 Meter or 13,550 feet, more or less. The trek starts from 800 Meter from Nayapool Then climb 3200 Meter Deurali and again downs to Chomrong 2300 Meter then gradually climbs up to Annapurna base camp.
- Trek Grade: Moderate trek Grade
- Annapurna base camp trek best time:annapurna base camp weather best in October and November is which is the best time and March and April is second best time of the year to trek. Generally in the month of October and November the Sky is clear, you can see the mountain very clearly, green environment in countryside as well as you can also see the people are ready to harvest the rice in this time. This time is consider the best time of the year to trek.
March and April is also known as second best time to trek in Nepal, Because in this time the forest get’s flower in this time. You can see the rhododendron forest get’s totally colorful because of flower this time. The sky is also clear so this is another best time to trek.
Trekkers can trek in Annapurna base camp throughout the year but June July is a rainy season, leeches, flood, landslides and cloudy sky are the problem of this time. You can not enjoy the trek this time. December and January are another coldest month, in this month the temperature is very cold, the weather is mostly cloudy so it means you can not see the good view of Himalayas. You can choose any month by seeing your time.
- Trek characters: 13 days total time is required, 2 night’s Hotels in kathmandu with Bed and breakfast plan, 2 Night’s Hotel in Pokhara on Bed and Breakfast plan, 8 nights/9 days tea house base trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek is included.
- Annapurna base camp fixed departure We can organize this trek any dates of the year. If you are willing to do it and trying to find friend to do it and you don’t find then don’t worry. We would organize your personal trek but it is bit costly however we try to give you best rate. It is best to travel in group which is cheaper. It does not matter whether you are alone or are in group.
- Equipment hire: Nepal Trek Hub give you a complete list of equipment before you come for trek, if you have not complete gear/equipment, some of the gear you can hire in Kathmandu in very good price
- Rucksack/Duffle bag: Your luggage during the trek is carried by porter if you wish to take porter or you can also carry yourself, you need to arrange the rucksack/duffel bag before you go to trek, more advice you can get upon your arrival in kathmandu, if you don’t have rucksack we can provide the duffel bag also
- Transportation: Tourist Bus is widely use to go Pokhara, There is tourist bus service from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu. It is safe and reliable for the tourist, it often stop for the lunch breakfast and toilet break, It takes 8 hours for 209 K.M . You can also hire the car to go Pokhara or there is another options for you to go by flight. The flight is 30 minutes. There is daily flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara from 8 AM to 4 PM
From Pokhara we use taxi or tourist van depends on a size to go to trekking starting point. after we finish our trek we take the taxi or jeep to come in Pokhara.
Annapurna base camp trek preparation
Well! If you are wondering to do Annapurna base camp trek, here is the things what you need to look. First of all you should determine yourself that you are able to do it. Please read the trek grade for your reference. You should also know little bit about a Altitude mountain sickness which might be very beneficial for you in the mountain. For obtaining the tourist visa of Nepal is easy. you can get this in your country or you can also get in Nepal. Before you come to Nepal it is better to prepare the packing list for your trek. Some of the brand you look might not be here in Nepal. Here is nepal trek packing list for your idea, all items are not mandatory and you can decide which are most necessary to you.
People and culture
In this trek, there are mix ethnic groups of inhabitants such as a Chettri, Brahmin and Mogoloid people. Brahamin, Chettri, and Newars live in lower land while mongoloid people lives in Highland.
Similarly, mongoloid people such as Gurung, Magar, pun, and others are staying higher elevation area such as Chomrong, Ghandruk. There are many people who is British Army, Indian Army, and Singapore police from this region, while other people do traditional farming.
The main festival of Brahamin and Chettri are Dashain, Tihar. In the same way, mongoloid people celebrate Buddha Jayanti and Lhosar. Mongoloid people also celebrate Hindu festival because of cultural impact
Annapurna base camp trek distance
Annapurna Base Camp Trek trail distance is around 115 km. Trekkers need to walk 10KM to 20 KM each day. This trek trail is popular for most of the hikers and usually it’s get many tourist. The distance is also differs as per route for example Nayapool – Ghorepani – Chomrong – Annapurna Base Camp – Dhampus – Phedi is longest route whereas Nayapool – Annapurna base camp – Nayapool is shortest route.
This trekking trail is quite hard for many tourist cause it has a lot of stairs and the height of stairs is also irregular. From trek start day to end day there are many stairs. Local built this stairs for easiness of tourist to avoid the slippery and muddy trail. During the summer time, it rains a lot so the steps get’s fungus so it is slippery. Other time it is very good for the trekkers.
Annapurna base camp trek map
You can find different type of Annapurna base camp trek map in Nepal and your country as well. There are different publisher of the map. You can see Nepal Map House, Himalayan Map house are two very popular map that are available in Nepal market. The big you want to get the more cost it would be. We advice you to take the float-able map which can go anywhere in the bag or even in pocket. You can get Annapurna base camp trek map free from us after you book the trip with us. We provide you when you arrive here in Nepal on your trip preparation day.
Annapurna base camp trek route
There are different route to go Annapurna base camp. The starting point might be different however, it ultimately join in Chhomrong. Most of the trekkers start their trek from Nayapool, located in the highway of Pokhara – Baglung – Beni. You can also start from phedi which you can finish it in Nayapool too.
Annapurna base camp trek 10 days
This is a longest route of Annapurna base camp trek 10 days from pokhara to pokhara, which include 2 days to arrival and departure, 2 Night in Pokhara, This we can make longer or shorter as per needs of trekkers. See the Itinerary
Annapurna base camp trek 7 days
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 7 days is targeted for the short day hikers, who don’t have sufficient time in Nepal, This is a short formed of Annapurna Base Camp. The short Annapurna base camp hike provides enough time to enjoy the view of towering beautiful peaks of all the Annapurna range. Annapurna 1 (8091Meter), Annapurna South (7219 Meter), Gangapurna (7454 Meter) and holy fishtail peak (6997 Meter). You will have a opportunity to see the local cultures, landscape, scenery and National park flora and fauna.
This trek also start from Nayapool then chomrong via Annapurna base camp, here is the Annapurna Base Camp Trek 7 days itinerary.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek 7 days itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350 Meter
- Day 02: Fly to Pokhara then to Chomrong 2300 Meter 6-7 Hours needed 3 Hours driving
- Day 03: Chomrong to Himalaya Hotel 2920 Meter 7-8 Hours needed
- Day 04: Himalaya Hotel to Machhapurche Base Camp 3800 Meter 5-6 Hours needed
- Day 05: Machhapurche Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp 4130 Meter and back to Dovan 2600 Meter 8-9 Hours needed
- Day 06: Dovan to Jhinu 1400 Meter 5-6 Hours needed
- Day 07: Jhinu to Pokhara 800 Meter 6-7 Hours, then fly to Kathmandu
Annapurna base camp trek itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and trekking preparation
Welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport then transfer to your hotel then discus and preparation of your trek. We will solve all your issue regarding the trek preparation and also help you to rental all the equipment. If you don’t have a sufficient equipment you can also buy in Thamel.
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara 7-8 hours
We take the tourist bus from kathmandu tourist bus park to go pokhara, the tourist bus leaves 7 o clock in the morning, they stop for 3 times for lunch, breakfast and toilet break. you can see the rural nepal along the highway
- Day 03: Pokhara to Ulleri
We take the private veichle from pokhara to reach the trekking starting point, During the drive you may see beautiful annapurna range, Fishtail and Annapurna II, Lamjung Himal. You can aslo see how local do their traditional farming while driving, it takes 1.30 hours to 2 hours to reach in Nayapool. From here you start the trek. The permit checking office will check your permit in Birethanti, You will trek through the bank of small river untill you reach to Tikhedunga then climb 2 hours to reach ulleri.
Pokhara Elevation:800 Meter Ulleri Elevation: 2070 Meter Elevation Gain: 1200 meters Approx Distance Travel:45 Km by dive, 12 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 04: Ulleri to Ghorepani
The trek starts from climbing the stairs to Banthanti. from Banthanti the trail goes through inside the forest, the stairs are very less until we climb to Nangethanti. Nangethati is a lunch place where we do lunch, a place located inside the forest is relaxing. After lunch we need to walk 1 hour further to reach Ghorepani
Ulleri Elevation: 2070 Meter Ghorepani Elevation:2875 Meter Elevation Gain: 800 meters Approx Distance Travel:12-15 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 05: Ghorepani to Tadapani
Early in the morning we go to see the sunrise over mountain from Poon Hill 3210 Meter. when you back to Ghorepani, you will do breakfast. Heaving breakfast you start your trek. Today trek is fantastic cause you walk through the ridge of the hill untill deurali, you can taste the local cheese of this place, the trails decent down until the river before Tadapani. From here you need to climb 30 minutes to Tadapani.
Ghorepani Elevation:2875 Meter Tadapani Elevation: 2675 Meter Elevation loss: 200 Meters Approx Distance Travel:15 -18 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 06: Tadapani to Chomrong
We need to go down a lot today. Tadapani is the top of the hill, We need to go down Gurjung which takes around 2 hour, after crossing the bride the trail slowly climb up until you reach to chomrong, You spend your 1 night here.
Tadapani Elevation: 2675 Meter Chomrong Elevation:2170 Meter Elevation loss: 700 meters Approx Distance Travel:12 KM – 15 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is decent and accent at last Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 07: Chomrong to Himalaya
Following the bank of Modi river we trek towards north valley. the trail passes the big forest and bamboo bushes. You can see the some wild life if you are lucky enough. We will do lunch at Dovan before we reach to Himalaya.
Chomrong Elevation:2170 Meter Himalaya Elevation: 2900 Meter Elevation Gain: 700 meters Approx Distance Travel:15 KM – 18 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 7-8 Hours
- Day 08: Himalaya Hotel to Machapuchhare Base Cam
We trek up to Machhapurche base camp through the bank of modi river, and bottom of Fishtail mountain, This is quite dangerous area because of avalanche, Bagar is a place where most of the time avalanche falls. We stay overnight at Machhapurche base camp.
Himalaya Elevation: 2900 Meter Machapuchhare Base Camp Elevation:3800 Meter Elevation Gain: 700 meters Approx Distance Travel:12 KM – 15 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is accent Time 5-6 Hours
- Day 09:Machapuchhare Base Camp to Bamboo
This is the one of the tough day of our trek, today you need to wake up at 4’0 clock in the morning to hike the Annapurna base camp (4130 Meter) which takes about 2.30 hours. Spending a few hours in base camp, we will take breakfast then go down to Machapuchhare Base Camp and pack our things then start our trek docents down to Bamboo. We will do lunch at Deurali today. We go down through Himalaya until bamboo 2600 Meter.
Machapuchhare Base Camp Elevation:3800 Meter Bamboo Elevation: 2600 Meter Elevation loss: 1200 meters Approx Distance Travel:20 KM – 22 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is decent Time 7-8Hours
- Day 10:Bamboo to Jhinu
As we leave the bamboo we climb a bit then straight walk until Sinuwa. From sinuwa we can see Jhinu. Descending down to chomrong river then climb to chomrong we again go down to Jhinu. A hot spring pool is here. you can enjoy the day in hot spring.
Bamboo Elevation: 2600 Meter Jhinu Elevation:1400 Meter Elevation loss: 1200 meters Approx Distance Travel:10-12 KM approx trek Trail Accent/decent Most of the trail is decent Time 5-6 Hours
- Day 11: Jhinu to Pokhara
This is our last day, as we crosses the bridge we climb a bit then head to Kiumi, from here you will take the jeep to reach in Pokhara.
- Day 12: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Day 13: Your departure day
Annapurna base camp trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Langtang National park permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Frequently asked question Regarding This trip
Below we have mentioned some question, that are asked by frequent hikers/traveler before they do Annapurna base camp trek. you can get basic information from here, however if it still does not satisfy your question please ask question to us
When is the best season to do Annapurna Base camp trek?
October and November is best season to do Annapurna base camp trek. In this time the weather is very good, clear sky for whole day so you can see mountain very clearly. On this time you can also see the rice filed. The second best season is March and April because this time The rhododendron flower bloom.
How long do I have to walk per day, and how difficult it is?
Trekkers are required to walk 6-7 hours during the trek days. It is not that very difficult but you need to climb stairs often.
What kind of accommodation do we get
These are tea houses, very basic sometimes you get attached bathroom too but it is not that luxurious however you can adjust it.
Is there WIFI service
Most of the tea house have already set up wifi but this wifi are so slow, in some place you won’t find wifi.
Is there Hot Shower during the trek?
Yes, Tea house provide hot shower, some time solar some time Gas Shower as well, they charge you per shower, per head.
Submit your review
We went to Nepal in last march for Annapurna base camp trek, As we are quite aged people we took this one as per Shreeram suggestion. We found his company Nepal Trek Hub by our friend recommendations. We did a lot of conversation before we commence our trek, we booked in Advance because we had tight schedule. so flew to pokhara evening flight and met our guide kiran and porter shyam, hari and basnata there. Next day we started our trek. Our trek was super with itinerary, weather, support of guide and porter was super. We had a great fun on our trek. I could not forget the view from Poon Hill and tadapani. There is nothing to complain, however i have some suggestion, change the hotel in Tadapani. That is it. Rest are super. Thank you shreeram organizing such a great trip to us
Dear Nepal Trek Hub team hello and Namaste
Thank you for organizing such as great trip to us. We were lucky to get the Barat as our guide. he was super helpful, flexible and informative about the things that we wanted to knew, he explained so much. Our porters hari and basanta were very nice and humorous person with kind heart. We were very slow from Machhapurche Base Camp to Annapurna base camp due to snow as well as fatigue on that time our guide and porter were encouraging us. The view from Base camp simply amazing, i did not had a any chances to see the mountain from very short distance. Thank you Shreeram for your suggestion to choose us this trek.
We will definitely back on your beautiful country for another adventure and we also like to recommend your company Nepal Trek Hub to our friends and family. see you
Thank you so much for your response, we always want to hear from you, this kind of review help us to increase our service level. See you soon
Per Person, Minimum 2 Person base:
- Duration:13 Days
- Accommodation: Tea house trek
- Trip Style:Tea House
- MealsFull Board
- Altitude4130M ie 13550ft
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company
Why you’ll love this trip?
This is one of the short and easy trek in Annapurna Region which gives you opportunity to see the best scenery
Big, Beautiful and peaceful Fewa Lake of Pokhara which is one of the biggest lake in Nepal. Tal barahi temple is located in the middle of the lake Phewa, you can go there by boating
If you are lucky enough, you can see Grey Langur Monkeys, Himalayan blue ship as you pass through the big rhododendron forest
Perfect view of Mt Fishtail (6997 meter) , Annapurna I(8091 meter), Annapurna ii (7995 meter) , Tent Peak(5,663 meter), Annapurna Frank, Gandrava Chuli, Hinchuli Peak and many other peaks
You can see many waterfalls and deep gorge of Modi river, Beautiful terraces, Gurung and Magar people culture and their warm hospitality