Langtang valley trek 7 days brings you to the deep, green, narrow valley and big forest of Langtang National Park, If you are lucky enough you may also see the different wildlife during your trek. The view of Langtang Lirung, Ganjala Peak, Langshisha Ri, Morimoto,Gangchenpo and many other snow cover peaks as well as Kyanchin Ri climbing is the main attraction of Langtang Valley trek.
Langtang Valley trek is access for the trekkers by 7 hours drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi, a small town for the locals for their daily lives trade.Towering both side of the valley by Langtang Himalayan range, this valley trek is quite short but one of best trek route to see a colorful rhododendron forest, bamboo forests, along massive waterfalls, and under stunning snow-capped mountains.
This trek offers a trekkers to interact with Buddhist culture of Tamang and Sherpa people of this region. The ancient Buddhist monastery of Kyanjin Gompa, which is situated near Tserko upholds this tradition for a long time. The spectacular views on this trek include Dorje Lakpa (6,990m), Langtang Ri (6,370m) and Langtang Lirung (7,245m) and many other tall and beautiful mountains.
The trek should do inside Langtang National Park, Which is the best home for flora and fauna of Nepal. Himalayan pheasants, Himalayan deer, monkeys, Himalayan bears, and more importantly red panda can be observed here. Big and flat yak pastures makes this trek even better and interesting.
Langtang needs the travelers help to rebuild it again, after the massive earthquake of 2015. The locals have been building their settlement again however it needs the travelers flow to make their financial position better.
It is suitable for the trekkers and hikers who prefers quite and peaceful environment and less tourist while you are on holiday this is the best route to enjoy. The nature, landscape and people all are very marvelous in this langtang valley trek.
Table of contents
highlights of Langtang valley trek 7 days
- Time Duration: 10 Days from Arrival date to Departure date , 6 Days on Trek, 2 Days to travel
- Max. Altitude of trek: Kyanjing ri (4773 Meter)
- Trek Grade: Moderate trek
- Best Travel Time: February, March, April, May is the first season of the year and September – November months are the best time of seasons. June, July & August are rainy season, you can trek but the weather is not so good and landslides and flooding are the main natural obstacles
- Trip characters: 10 days time, 2 night’s hotels in kathmandu Bed and breakfast plan, 7 nights tea house base trek, breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek is included.
- Departure Dates: We can organize this trek any dates during the year. it does not matter whether you are alone or are in group, But group travel is cheaper than single
- Equipment hire: We give you list before you come for trek, if you have not complete gear, some of the gear you can hire in Kathmandu in very good price
- Rucksack/Duffle bag: Your luggage during the trek is carried by porter if you wish to take porter or you can also carry yourself, you need to arrange the rucksack/duffel bag before you go to trek, more advice you can get upon your arrival in kathmandu, if you don’t have rucksack we can provide the duffel bag also
- Transportation: Local Bus is widely use to go there but it is very stressful for the travelers, we recommend you to take the jeep instead of bus, by that means you can stop any time, there is a limit number of your member, you can travel on your own style. if you have to travel through bus it takes about 7-8 hours with so many locals. the bus often stop for the locals to come in and go out. this process goes during the whole travel duration
People and culture
Langtang region has a mixes of ethnic groups of inhabitants like Brahmins, Chettri, Newars, Tamang, Sherpa and many more. You can see only Tamang and Sherpa people while on this trek. They are Buddhist. You can see Buddhist culture here. They celebrate Lhosar and Buddha Jayanti.
How to go langtang valley and come from there
You will have a different option to go langtang valley trek. Dhunche or Sybrubensi is a trekking starting point. The trek starts point syabrubensi is 122 km north from Kathmandu which might takes about 7 to 8 hours by local bus.
1. Travel by local bus
To trek to Langtang valley trekkers must travel to Syabrubensi or Dhunche. The road has been building and upgrading so there are prety much dust on the way. Due to construction process sometimes we might get traffic jam also. Early in the morning the local bus leaves from kathmandu. It is better to start early in the morning because if sometimes the bus get’s some problem during the travel, you will have many options. You should adjust the locality in the bus because they often stops for the local passenger.
2. Travel by private transport jeep
If you wish to go by private jeep then it is cool options for the traveler although it is quite expensive. Travelling by jeep is totally flexible to you, you can stop often and travel. Your trek Guide and porter also travel with you. It might take little bit less time than local bus. You can stop it any time if you like to take some photos during the travel.
Langtang valley trek 7 days Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and trekking preparation
Welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport then transfer to your hotel then discus and preparation of your trek. We will solve all your issue regarding the trek preparation and also help you to rental all the equipment. If you don’t have a sufficient equipment you can also buy in Thamel.
- Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi 1500 Meter, 6-7 Hours
After breakfast set up to go to sybrubensi. To go to sybrubensi we need to go to Machhapokhari buspark. We can get the local bus from there. The early bus will be always good because, it often stop on the way for collection of passenger. During the travel to sybrubensi you will be able to see nice scenery mountains like Mt. Annapurna II, Manasalu, Ganesh Himal and other minor peaks along the route and as well as green scenery of hillock. The bus journey is quite difficult for now because of road construction is going on. Lunch is generally at trisuli bazzar the headquarter of Nuwakot district. After you reach to dhunche you should get the Langtang national park permit. Some people start from Dhunche also but we go to Further far syabrubensi Bazzar.
- Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel 2380 Meter, Estimated time is 6-7 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent uphill
Today is our first day of trek, This is quite difficult for all trekkers because your leg need to be adjust for long time walking, after 1 day of walk you will be use to it. After crossing the Bhote Koshi River we head towards langtang river, a very vertical and fast river, There we can see some mountain view and deep valley, the trail goes climb slowly. There are many landslides during the trekking today which is the impact of earthquake. All landslides are now stopped but we need to be careful. our trek contentiously climb through the sub tropical forest which is cover by oak and maple, massive spruce, fir, blue pine and rhododendron forest. If we are lucky enough we can see some wildlife as well such as monkey, yellow-throat-ed martens. We will do lunch at bamboo. After lunch the trail becomes more steep and more accent. Our final destination lama hotel is situated at the Bank of Langtang River where 6-7 Guest House are located. We spent overnight here.
Sybrubensi Elevation:(1,460m/4,788 ft) Lama Hotel Elevation:(2560m/8,396 ft) Elevation Gain: 900 meters Approx Distance Travel:12 Km Approx Accent Most of the trail Decent Very less Time 6-7 Hours
- Day 04: Trek to Langtang Village 3450 Meter Approx, Estimated time is 7-8 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent uphill, Estimated distance 14 KM
Early in the morning we start trek, The trail climbs slightly accent goes through the thick forest. During the trekking today you can see the forests of hemlocks, oaks, maples and white and pink rhododendrons high above the Langtang Khola. Near from Lama Hotel we can see the beautiful snow capped peaks start appear such as Mt. Langtang Lirung (7244m). The trail cross the river and head towards Ghoda Tabela. Before we reach to Ghoda Tabela the Landscape is flat there we, can see different spices of Rhodrodendon and small pine and juniper trees. There we can see the yak pasture. After Lunch we just climb a bit but steadily upwards, We can see the biggest landslide before langtang which we should cross. Stay Overnight at Langtang.
- Day 05: Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa 3870 Meter, Estimated time is 3-4 Hours, Walking trail is mostly ascent, Estimated distance 6-7 KM
Today is our Easiest day. We need to walk through the Yak pasture field and buckwheat terrace, you can see the another side of the valley’d forest destroyed by the storm of Avalanche. You can see some peaks while you walk towards Kyanjin Gompa.
Kyanjin Gompa is the village where you see the hotels mostly, There are bakery shop and where they make also different types of coffee, You can see the Ganjala Peak and many other peaks from here. There is flat land in the north of Kyanjin Gompa. We stay here two nights.
- Day 06: Rest Day at Kyanjin Gompa and we hike to Kyanjin Ri 4800 Meter, 4-5 Hours time needed.
It is rest and explore day. We will bring you to the Kyanjin ri to see the beautiful langtang himalayan range, it is 3 Hours hike to the top of Kyanjin Ri, From here you can see the Langtang Lirung, Marimatto, Ganjala peak and many more. You will be able to see whole valley from here, We can see also glaciers of Langtang Lirung from here
- Day 07: Trek back to Lama Hotel 2300 Meter, 6-7 Hours time needed.
From today we begin to go down valley, We follow the same way to go Down, Crossing the langtang villlage, Ghoda Tabela we reach to Lama Hotel. Stay Overnight Here
- Day 08: Syabrubensi is our ultimate destination today , 6-7 Hours time needed. Mostly Decent
The trek is quite difficult today cause we have to go down, The decent is harder because of the irregular stone and small moraines after Lamahotel. We need to walk through forest and we can reach syabrubensi by 2-3 o clock. we stay overnight here
- Day 09: Drive back to kathmandu and the trek is over
- Day 10: We will drop you in Airport or if you have day you can also stay and sightseeing, or do another activities.
Langtang valley trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 2 night’s twin sharing on tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Langtang National park permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Frequently asked question Regarding This trip
Here are some question that are asked by trekkers/traveler before they do langtang valley trek. It might be helpful to you, If it does not satisfy you, you can whatsapp or line immediately, i will try my best to answer you fast as much as i can
When is the best season to do langtang valley trek?
October and November is consider as a best month to trek here but March and April also best month, March and April is flower blooming season, in this time different types of Rhododendron and magnolia blooms. it is pretty to see a whole forest when it is full of forest. You can do trek whole year but June, July is rainy season and December , January is winter season
How long do i have to walk per day and how difficult it is?
Generally, During this trek 6-7 hours maximum walk is required but the walk is not on plain land, you need to climb stairs and steps. Altitude impacts on difficulty, if you are going higher altitude it is difficult and vise versa
How difficult is this trek?
Generally, During this trek 6-7 hours maximum walk is required but the walk is not on plain land, you need to climb stairs and steps.
Per Person, Minimum 2 Person base:
Read Our Review
Read Our Review on TripAdvisor, We are Ranked 256/1400
Read Our Review on TrustPilot
Read Our Review on Google My Business
- Duration:13 Days
- Accommodation: Tea house trek
- Trip Style:Tea House
- MealsFull Board
- Altitude4130M ie 13550ft
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Why you’ll love this trip?
This is one of the short and easy trek of Nepal
After the devastating Nepal earthquake, The langtang Valley needs tourist for their better life, because tourism is main income source of Langtang People
Perhaps you can encounter troops of Grey Langur Monkeys, Himalayan blue ship as you pass through the rhododendron forest
You can Learn about the Tamang culture and enjoy the landscapes of the Himalaya from a local leader and their fantastic assistants and porters. They’ll make your experience of Nepal truly mesmerizing.
You can see many peaks which are above 6500 Meter from sea level, such as Marimatto, Langtang Lirung, ganjala peak and so on