Kathmandu city tour is a day tour around the top spot to see in the Kathmandu valley. Kathmandu city tour consists of a tour of the 4 World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu city out of 7 World Heritage Sites of the whole Kathmandu valley. Kathmandu valley is divided into the 3 Major cities Namely Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur and on this Kathmandu city tour, we just visit the Kathmandu city which takes a 1 full day. In your Kathmandu city tour, you will be able to see the Nepalese culture, traditions, lifestyle, history, Buddhism, wood architecture and many other interesting things.
What to see on Kathmandu city tour?
Many of you may wonder what sort of things that you will see on the Kathmandu city tour to decide whether you like it or not as per your taste. We have tried to explain in a short summary of the places you will visit on your Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour.
The Pashupatinath temple
The Pashupatinath Temple is a top sacred Hindu temple complex in Nepal, Located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. From the centre of the main Kathmandu, it is on the 5km north-east. Millions of the Hindu Devotees visit the Pashupatinath in a year and there are certain festivals on which the temples get absolutely overcrowded. Lord Shiva is the main god whose temple is known as the Pashupatinath and there are many other multiple temples for the different Hindu gods and deities in the area of the Pashupatinath. Visitors can see the Hindu people funeral here on the bank of the Pashupatinath in the Bhasmeshowr ghat. Burning the Hindu dead body here is the way of the salvation according to the Hindu beliefs that are the reason you can see many cremations here with the multiple other temples and the Sadhus.
Festival in Pashupatinath temple.
There are festivals which are celebrated in Pashupatinath temples such as Maha Shivaratri, Teej, Shaun Shankranti and many others. Shivaratri is one of the biggest festivals which is celebrated on the Pashupatinath temple. On this festival, the shiva devotees come to Pashupatinath temple to get the blessings from Pashupatinath and smokes weeds. Thousands of the Indian sadhus gather on this festival.
Teej is another women festival. They do fasting and on that day they visit the Pashupatinath temple wishing their family prosperity and the long life.
Boudhanath Stupa has located about 11 km (6.8 mi) from the centre and northeastern outskirts of Kathmandu. This is one of the spherical stupas in Nepal. Visiting this stupa allows you to know about Buddhism and the influence of Buddhism in the local community of Kathmandu. There are many monasteries around the Stupa built by the Tibetan refugee who arrived in Nepal after china invaded the Tibet in 1950. No one knows the exact date of when the stupa was built but they believe that there are the relics of the Kashyap Buddha. The Kashyap Buddha is Buddha before the Sakya Muni Gautam Buddha. The Stupa is built on the octagonal shape above it there is a massive dome and above that, there is a colourful spiral just below the pinnacles. Colourful prayer flags are hung around the stupas.
Swaymbhunath stupa is another biggest stupa with its importance located in the west from the centre of Kathmandu is on the hillock. Known as a monkey temple among the foreigners it is another attraction for the tourist to see. The major thing here you can see is Basabandhu Stupa, Shantipur Bihar, Dipankar Buddha statue, Pratappur, Anantapur, Biggest bajra, Azima temple, different statue of Bhairav and the beautiful dome style shrine. You can see the most of Kathmandu valley from the yard of Swyambhunath stupa so this is not to miss on your visit
Why you will Like Kathmandu City Tour
- Kathmandu City Tour is to understand the cultural, religious, and historical knowledge of Nepal
- If you take the mountain flight you will have an opportunity to see Mt. Everest and the Mahalangur Himalayan Range, Langtang Himalayan range where you can see the tallest Himalayan mountain range of earth by one-hour scenic flight
- Visitors are visiting the world heritage sites of Kathmandu where they can observe Nepal Religion, culture and history.
What to expect from Kathmandu valley tour
- The Trip experience might differs as per the weather, if the weather is good then you can enjoy the sightseeing very well.
- Pasupatinath temple is quite sad to see because you will definitely see the Hindu cremation
- With the Demand of itinerary, you need to wake of sometime early as well. For example, if you are going to Mountain flight then you must wake up early in the morning
What might be the exceptional case on Kathmandu valley tour
- There might be a traffic jam while we drive.
- Weather is unpredictable
- The facility differs as per your plan and standard of travel plan
Please get the suggestion from Nepal Trek Hub regarding the wearing and rain gears if you are coming here on monsoon.
Kathmandu valley tour itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu and briefing about Kathmandu valley tour
Welcome you in Kathmandu International Airport then transfer to your hotel then discus and preparation of your trip.
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Kathmandu valley sightseeing
First, pashupatinath temple
Second, Boudhanath temple
Kathmandu Durbar square
- Day 03: Departure
Kathmandu valley tour includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- Tour guide during the Sightseeing
- Tour guide during Hiking
- Private vehicle with A/C
- Airport Transfer
- Kathmandu sightseeing by tour guide with private veichle
- Domestic Airport Transport
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and also during the hike
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Read Our Review
Kathmandu valley tour
- Group-Size1-18 Person
- Transportation:Private veichle
Why with us
We Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
We are a local Small agency, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
We pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
We give guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
We care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
We also care about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
We have a 100% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page
Local guide owned company