- Trek Duration
8 Days + –
Tea House Trek
- Max Altitude
- Trekkers Numbers
1-18 but Flexible
- Best Time of Year
Spring and Autumn
- Trek Difficulty
- Price: 380 + –
Overview of the Annapurna Sunrise Trek
Annapurna sunrise trek (Mulde peak trek) offers the best sunrise view of the Annapurna Himalayan ranges. This Annapurna sunrise trek is to trek up to the Mulde peak, which has a height of 3660 Meters and offers one of the best views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges together. Annapurna has many viewpoints to see the Himalayas from a very close distance for a few days’ treks, among them this is one of the best view stations and can be done just in 4 days from Pokhara to Pokhara. If you are looking very good trail in Annapurna with fewer people and without roads then this is the best option for trekking trails. Mulde peak is just above the Ghorepani and this is one of the great viewpoints from where you can see the surroundings very perfectly.
The Annapurna sunrise trek (Mulde Peak trek) lies on the trails of the Khopra trek which is another great trekking trail. The marvellous trek starts from Ghandruk which is a very old Gurung village. Then goes through the deep rhododendron and oak forests with many other floras along the trekking trails. You will also see some faunas if you are very lucky. 30 Minutes hike from Dobato takes you to the viewpoints called Mulde peak from where you can have a stunning sunrise view over the Annapurna Himalayas and Dhaulagiri Ranges. Trekkers have a magnificent view of Mt.Annapurna 8,091 meters, Mt. Dhaulagiri 8,167 Meters), Annapurna south, Nilgiri, Dhampus peak, Tukuche peak, Himchuli, Gurja Himal and the delighted and holy mountain Mt. Fishtail in a panoramic way. Some mountains are even 10 Km distance.
Table of contents
- Less known to the trekkers so this is pretty quiet
- It is the place which offers a better view than poon hill.
- Easy and everyone can do this
- Trekkers can go to Ghorepani from here which will be the Annapurna sunrise circuit trek.
- Spectacular sunrise view from the top of Mulde Peak.
- Comfortable accommodations
Annapurna sunrise trek facts
Annapurna sunrise trek
|Duration:||4 days trek, 2 days in Kathmandu|
2 days in Pokhara but this can be up and down as per your time frame
|Max. elevation:||3637 Meter, Mulde Peak|
|Ends||Naya Pul, Tikhedhuna|
|Best Time||Spring and Autumn Season|
|Permits:||TIMS and ACCAP Permits|
Annapurna sunrise trek Highlights
- Trekkers can enjoy breathtaking views of the countryside and the Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges while driving or flying to Pokhara.
- The drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk offers an amazing view of the Annapurna range.
- Trek through the Rhododendron forest to Isharu from Ghandruk reveals beautiful mountains, including Annapurna South, Fishtail, Him Chuli, and more.
- Trekkers can experience the culture, traditions, and way of life of the local Gurung village.
- The best Annapurna sunrise view from Mulde peak is a stunning sight, offering views of several 8,000-meter tall peaks, including Annapurna, Dhualagiri, Nilgiri, Dhampus Peak, Tukuche Peak, Himchuli, Gurja Himal, and the sacred Fishtail mountain.
Annapurna sunrise trek best season/time
The Annapurna sunrise trek’s best time is a very important factor to consider before you plan the trek because the trek experience depends on the season you want to trek. Trekking in Nepal is always possible but the experience may differ because of the weather and climate.
1. Spring season (March, April and May)
The spring season in Nepal runs from March to May and is considered one of the best times to do the Annapurna sunrise trek. The temperature during this season is moderate, and the skies are generally clear, providing excellent views of the Himalayas. Additionally, the forests and hillsides are in full bloom during spring, adding to the natural beauty of the region.
2. Autumn season (September, October and November)
The autumn season in Nepal starts in September last and lasts till November end. Autumn season is the best time to visit the country for trekking and other outdoor activities. So you can do the Annapurna sunrise trek During this season, the weather is dry and clear, providing good visibility of the Himalayan mountain ranges. The temperature is mild and comfortable, making it an ideal time for trekking and other high-altitude activities.
3. Monsoon season (June , July and August)
The monsoon season (June to September) is not advisable trekking time in Nepal. This is the wettest time of the year in the country. During this season, heavy rainfall, landslides and flooding is common, particularly in the southern regions and hilly regions, which can make trekking and other outdoor activities challenging and the sky remains cloudy most of the time.
4. Winter season (December, January and February)
The winter season is a less popular time for trekking and other outdoor activities due to the cold weather and potential snowfall in the high-altitude areas. However, it is still possible to do the Annapurna sunrise trek. But the weather is expected to be bad most of the time during the winter. Winter can also be a good time to visit Kathmandu and other cities, where the weather is relatively mild and sunny.
Annapurna sunrise trek itinerary
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Drive to Pokhara||800 Meters||8-9 Hrs|
|3||Drive to Ghandruk and Trek to Tadapani||2700 M||7-8 Hrs|
|4||Trek to Dobato||3440 M||6-7 Hrs|
|5||Hike to Mulde Peak|
Trek down to Komrong danda 2100 Meters
|1600 M||6-7 Hrs|
|6||Trek to Ghandruk then drive to Pokhara||800 M||6-7 Hrs|
|7||Kathmandu||1350 M||7-8 Hrs|
Mulde Peak with Khopra Trek Itinerary
Mulde peak lies on the trekking trails of the one of the least known trek of Nepal, That is Khopra Trek. Trekkers can go to Mulde peak when they are trekking to Khopra ridge trek also knwn as khopra Trek
|1||Arrival in Kathmandu||1350 Meter||Your time|
|2||Drive to Pokhara||800 Meter||8-9 HRS|
|3||Drive to Ghandruk, trek to Tadapani(Trekking Starts)||2760 Meters||5 – 6 HRS|
|4||Trek to Dobato||3420 Meters||6 – 7 HRS|
|5||Hike to Mulde peak early in the morning|
Trek to khopra Danda from Dobato
|3360 Meters||6-7 HRS|
|6||Khayer Lake Trek then back to Khopra Danda||4500 M||10-11 HRS|
|7||Swanta Village Trek||2200 Meters||4-5 HRS|
|8||Ghorepani Trek||2860 Meters||6-7 HRS|
|9||Ghorepani to Ulleri then drive to Pokhara||800 Meters||6-7 HRS|
|11||Kathmandu drive||1350 m||7-8 hr|
Mulde Peak trek cost includes
- Kathmandu international airport transfer by private vehicles.
- Meals on full board: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner each day during the trekking days
- Guest house basis trekking accommodation while on trekking days, attached bathroom if it is possible
- Tourist Bus transfer from Pokhara to Kathmandu for guest and guide.
- Fully escorted trek with fluent English speaking license holder local guide and each 2 guest 1 Porter basis
- Annapurna conservation Area Project Permits
- Seasonal Fruits if possible
- First Aid Box
- TIMS Permit
- All land transportation as per written on above itinerary
- Food and accommodation and salary of Nepali trekking staffs
- Nepal entry visa fee cost US$ 40.
- Lunch and Dinner during the staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara city.
- Any kinds of battery charges, laundry service, phone calls and hot shower during the trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment and Clothing.
- Personal nature expenses, any drinks and bar bills.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency).
- Any donation and monuments entrance fees.
- Tips for the crew (Note : TIPS is not compulsory but highly expected)
- Any other things which are not mentioned above
Mulde Peak trek faq
We have gathered some common questions that often hikers ask before they make the Mulde Peak trek. If this question does not meet the query then, please let us know so we can give you answers to all of your questions.
Which is the best time for Mulde Peak Trek?
Spring(March, April and May) and Autumn (October, November) are the two best time/ seasons for the Mulde Peak Trek . Normally, these two seasons the weather becomes excellent so you can enjoy the trek a lot. Mulde Peak Trek best time
How difficult is Mulde Peak Trek?
This is one of the easiest trek of Nepal. Hikers need to walk 6-7 Hours per day through the dence rhodrodendon forest. The trails is usually climbing so you need to prepare to climb the stairs too.
What kind of accommodation is available on Muule peak trek?
The Guest houses along the trekking trails are quite good. The guest house offers the basic accommodations but a delicious meal.
Is there WIFI on the Trek
Yes, Now most of the guest houses have a WIFI service. But for your informations they charge you for the using of the WIFI
Read Our Review
Why with us
Emphasis on the personal and customize itinerary, You can design your own personal tailored made holiday
Team of local expert guides, customer-focused, grassroots foundation with in-depth knowledge of Nepal.
Pay a fair salary to our team of reliable and experienced people
Guarantee of best value for money, best price and no hidden costs are implicit
Care for each of you individually, providing uncompromising service just for you.
Sensative about environment, we encourage our client’s to avoid mineral water, instead of this drink the own purified water and use chlorine tablet
Nepal Trek Hub has a 90% repeated customer, check our tripadvisior page