Annapurna circuit trek best time is the most searched question by the travellers before they travel to Nepal for Annapurna circuit trek. Annapurna circuit trek is undoubtedly a best trek route to gain the real trek experience. Annapurna circuit trek is one of the tops liked trek trails by the trekkers and it was opened in 1980 decade, that is the reason it is the most well-known trek trails in the world. Annapurna circuit trek is exciting and can be done within the whole year but sometimes the weather can be fatal. That is the reason you need to look at what is the best time for Annapurna circuit trek. We have tried to give the overall information regarding what is Annapurna circuit trek best time.
Table of contents
Annapurna circuit trek best time summary
|Seasons||Autumn season(Mid September, October, November and Mid December )||Spring Seasons (March, April and May)||Winter season(Mid December, January, February)||Monsoon seasons(June , July and August)|
|Temperatures||Suitable||More or less suitable||Very cold||Quite cold|
|Visibility of the scenery||Perfect visibility||Perfect visibility||Snow Falls and cloud is usually||Almost cloudy everyday|
|Rainfalls occurring chance||Very less||less||Sometimes rains||Everyday rains|
|Snowfalls occurring chance||Very less||less||Common||Might be sometimes|
|Scenery experience||Best scenery to see||Best scenery||Less scenery you can see||Very less chance of the good scenery experience|
|Trek trails business||Very busy||Very busy||Less busy||Very less|
|Days||Sunny days||Sunny days||Cloudy and snowfalls||Cloudy and rainfalls|
|Overall||Highly Recommended (first)||Highly Recommended (second)||Not good to trek on this time/risk||Not good to trek on this time/risk of not seeing anything|
Annapurna circuit trek weather
Annapurna circuit trek weather is totally unpredictable. It is not that easy to forecast the weather at Annapurna circuit trek. The Annapurna circuit trek has a variety of the climate in the different sections of the Annapurna circuit trekking route. The landscape changes very drastically in the Annapurna circuit hiking route. In the past, it used to be a very long trek and used to be started around the very lowlands where you find the different weather as compared to up valleys of the Annapurna circuit trekking route. Nowadays the trek starts at the Ngadi which is very low lands and humid area in the other days than winter then the trek crosses the thorong la pass via crossing the Subtropical and mountain zone to tundra around the Thorong la pass. The landscapes and the weather change very drastically in the Annapurna circuit trekking routes.
Annapurna circuit trek climate
Annapurna circuit trek climate is absolutely vivid. It runs within a huge range of Elevations that is the reason the trails have been divided into the 3 parts. Trekkers can feel all these 3 climates during their trek. In a very lowland where they start their trek finds a hot temperature. The area below 2500 meters below has a different climate where you can see the dense forests, rice fields, cornfields and different types of crops. Trekking to these environments is quite hard because of the humidity while trekking.
Once you cross the 2500 Meters you will enter into the alpine climate zone where the temperatures quickly go cold and you will see the coniferous trees. Forests like pine, oak and juniper. In this climate, people grow fruits like apples and crops like buckwheat and barley. Villages like Chame, Pisang are an example of this climate zone.
In this Annapurna circuit trek you will also feel the environment like tundra where there are no human settlements and remains very cold for almost a year. The high passes around the Thorong la. Visitors will see the yaks grazing along with the wild Himalayan Thar.
Annapurna Circuit Trek in Autumn – Best Time
Autumn(September, October, and November) is the most beautiful, best and popular time of year to do Annapurna circuit trek. This season is also considered as the main season of trekking in Nepal that is the reason many tourists trek here.
The autumn season is the best season for trekking in Nepal because of the stunning and stable weather and the mild temperature. In this season the days are very good with the clear sky and the beautiful sun. Stunning views of the Himalayas and the surrounding landscapes can be seen. In autumn there is a very rare chance of rainfalls and the temperature is also medium.
So here are the Highlights of Trekking in Autumn
- Perfect temperatures and stunning Weather
- Marvellous mountain scenery.
- The Nepalese people celebrate the two biggest festivals this season.
- The nature is very colourful with green hills and colourful terraces.
- Sunny days usually and less chance of bad weather.
- Trekkers can see the stunning view of the Annapurna range, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Gangapurna, Tilicho peak, Chulu West, Chulu East, Katenga peak, Yak kawang, Thorong peak and many other mountains on the trek routes plus you can see the best Himalayan range from the top of Poon Hill.
Recomendations of the trek in autumn
- Book prior you go to the trek so it would be better arrangements.
- You will have a fantastic trek experience on this time
- Carry lightweight gears for trek
- Drink enough during the trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek in Spring
Spring season(March, April and May) is the second-best time to do Annapurna circuit trek. Spring season in Nepal is also known as a season for mountaineering. A lot of mountaineers climb the mountains at this time including Mt Everest. This is a good season for climbing because of the good weather and appropriate temperatures.
Talking about the weather at this time the sky remains blue most of the day in an exceptional case sometimes the weather may become bad. The season is more beautiful because of the Rhododendron blossoms. The weather stays stable and nice for a long span of time. There is less chance of the Snowfalls and rainfalls. Trekkers can see the dazzling views of Himalayan vista and hills.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking in spring Highlights
- The lowlands forest gets the rhododendron blossoms which makes the trek more beautiful Warm temperature and appropriate temperatures on the trek trails.
- Clear sky and stunning views of the Himalayas.
- There is less chance of the snowfalls, bad weather so you can enjoy your Annapurna circuit trek very much
- During the trek you may see a lot of tourists as well.
- All the hotels and tea shops function very well in this season.
- Trek is less challenging and easy due to the nice trek trails.
Recomendations of the trek in Spring
- This is the second-best season for the Annapurna circuit trek, trekkers who don’t have time to do Annapurna circuit trek in autumn can do it in this season.
- In the lowlands the weather is humid so you can just walk with shorts and T-shirts, bring regular gears as well as raincoats for you.
- Trek without rush and have enough time for the trek.
- This is also a good time for family trekking so you can also enjoy the trek with your family.